Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161718192021222324252627

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,994 Times in 1,056 Posts

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezy Rider View Post
    It should be somewhere in this thread (good luck!), but I already posted Kathy's contradicting statements on this supposed encounter at Kensington market, I remember. The first one that she didn't meet, and the second, later one that she hugged him etc.
    Sounds like her story changes too, just like Monica's

Thanks

ERIC BURDON - CNN Interview - February 8, 2014

DON LEMON - When you and I last spoke, we talked about the death of JimI Hendrix, do you remember that about the heroin overdose, and you saw Jimi in the last days. This week, we are mourning the death of actor Philip Seymour Hoffmann from an apparent overdose. Why do you think heroin, maybe it is not making a comeback, but why do you think we're having such issues with heroin, and especially with people who are so talented, actors and musicians and so on, and other people who are not famous?

ERIC BURDON - Well, it's very hard for me to equate Jimi Hendrix with heroin, he was such a bright personality. Yeah, he was into what people now call drugs. I don't think you can call marijuana and things like lisurgic acid, drugs. They were alkaloids that we were experimenting with until things got out of hand. But, I wasn't around him for 18 months to two years leading up to his demise. And I was silly enough to go on television and give my personal opinion of what I saw the morning after he'd been taken away to the hospital, pronounced dead on arrival at Saint Mary's Hospital in London.

So he was dead when he left the place, his girlfriend's place, and it was a monumental tragedy, but to me, and I'm not a forensic scientist or detective, but walking into a room where my friend had been lying in this bed so long that I could see the indentation in the mattress and finding a note by the side of the bed crumpled on the floor, and I read it, and it says: "The Story Of Jesus, and it is so easy to explain, and as they crucified him, a woman took his name", I mean elongated stuff about Christ you know, and I believe, I really believe, that in his head, he was having a Jesus phenomena, it's a well known thing. And people are so close, that they believe they are having a Christ experience. I think that's what happened to him. And I went on the TV and tried to get this across, and they crucified me on TV, and I never quite got over it.

DON LEMON - Well, I'm sorry that happen happened to you, but I think that you bring about a very good point, that you say that, people who are using the drugs, think that they are having a moment where they are close to the maker, and they probably in some way want to get closer to the maker and keep using more drugs, and that is a sad thing.

Go to point 4:30 in the video - Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrlKKVsMnd8

3. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,926 Times in 2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post
    ERIC BURDON - CNN Interview - February 8, 2014

DON LEMON - When you and I last spoke, we talked about the death of Jimi Hendrix, do you remember that about the heroin overdose, and you saw Jimi in the last days.

ERIC BURDON - Well, it's very hard for me to equate Jimi Hendrix with heroin, he was such a bright personality.
    So, Burdon makes no attempt to refute the accusation that a heroin overdose was the cause of Hendrix' death, for which there is absolutely no evidence, and then goes on to just talk about himself, self pityingly and no one here thinks this worthy of comment? Or am I missing something?
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    So, Burdon makes no attempt to refute the accusation that a heroin overdose was the cause of Hendrix' death, for which there is absolutely no evidence, and then goes on to just talk about himself, self pityingly and no one here thinks this worthy of comment? Or am I missing something?
    He's basically saying that he can't believe Jimi was taking heroin. To me, that seems like he's refuting his comments from when he was younger.

Thanks

Sounds like her story changes too, just like Monica's
    Just curious, do you remember that article that was attributed to her which said that Jimi would beat on her? Do you think she truly gave that information or not? She later denied it altogether.

Thanks

I read further back in this thread that people were talking about Vesperax.

Are we clear that there are two different drugs called Vesperax that go by the same name? The newer one is Quetiapine which from what I'm reading of its ingredients says it's not the same as the one from the 60's and 70's at all and is only available in Argentina with the brand name Vesperax.
    Drifting...on a sea of forgotten teardrops...on a lifeboat...sailing for...your love...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by breathe View Post
    He's basically saying that he can't believe Jimi was taking heroin. To me, that seems like he's refuting his comments from when he was younger.
    Your two sentences above have no connection to each other in relation to what was said, this clearly demonstrates you have not grasped the meaning of what was said.
    Is English your first language?
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Thanks

ERIC BURDON EARTH MAGAZINE INTERVIEW 1970

During an interview published by Earth magazine in December 1970, Burdon stated: "When Monika phoned, I said he would be okay, but later told her to get an ambulance. I thought he would be alright by then, but that was that." In 1991, while conducting an investigation of her own, Etchingham recorded a phone conversation during which Burdon stated: "I was fucking out of my mind. I'd just finished a gig at Ronnie Scott's. I was in bed ... and I got this telephone call from [Dannemann] ... I said he's just stoned, I said just wake him up. I said just pour some coffee down his face and slap him around and wake him up. And then I went back to bed. It was early morning when I got the call, in fact I thought it was earlier than early morning ... in the early hours. Then I got this alarm bell ringing in my head, and I woke up and sat up and went, 'Wait a minute, something's wrong here'. I called her back, and I had to yell and scream in order for her to get an ambulance."
    Sunrise in London on 18 September 1970 was at 6:46 am.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've always been of the opinion that Jimi just went by to Monika's to pick up his axe he left over there. Things were on the fritz. The jealous girl syndrome, just please stay for a second...talk for a second before you go. Have a glass of wine (and slip some mickey's in there) hoping that he'd be sleepy and stay the night giving her more time to talk some of "her sense" into Jimi in the morning. But it backfired. She felt guilty ever since. And then off'd her self after she printed her terrible book on bad paintings to try and still convince herself and others that she was just the best girlfriend in the world. I'm sticking to this consiparcy story. No one can change my mind. It's 100 percent fact from my dispostion in the universe!

Thanks

EARLY 90'S VIDEO INTERVIEW WITH AL AND JANIE HENDRIX.

Janie say Jimi's death was an accident and the family doesn't blame Monika

The Janie interview starts at the 11:55 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y0hSek2Z2Q

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

the family doesn't blame Monika
    Why would they? That would be weirdly paranoid