Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    So, you are willing to take Kathy's unsubstantiated word that they said whatever?
    But John Saua did speak to the BBC in the documentary ''The Last Days of Jimi Hendrix''. Skip to 53:18:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    But John Saua did speak to the BBC in the documentary ''The Last Days of Jimi Hendrix''. Skip to 53:18:

So, corroberation of part of one of the ambulance men's original statements to Kathy and Dee, thanks. Anyone got any more? Wonder what prompted him to make this and the earlier "Kathy" statement. I think their later statements are a far more likely scenario.
    Last edited by stplsd; 09-23-11 at 07:48 AM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Of course they can't
    well i cant reply to that cos i swore never to talk about it again.
    but you answered it for me huuuuuhuuuuuu

Thanks

Excellent effort, tons of hitherto unseen documentary evidence, new interviews, new insights, set out logically. Although most of it is well backed up, it is unfortunately marred by lack of supporting evidence for several quite important statements, basically, "You'll just have to accept my word on that," which is very unsatisfactory. Also the published sources used have unfortunately just been dumped in heap at the end leaving one to try and fit what bit of text goes with which, a near impossible task. This is not Caesar's usual practice and is more like the usual crap Hendrix publication.
    Having said that it is highly unlikely that a clearer picture of the events surrounding his death will emerge, as there is no one else with Caesar's close connections, massive archive and dry style of inquiry (ie he's not a sensationalist twat like most writers on rock subjects) or anyone else that is willing to go to such great lengths on this subject.
    Many of the letters/communcation are only in his archives and many of those involved are now dead, or unwilling to speak further. The medical records will only be available when we are all dead, that is if they haven't already been lost.

There is nothing that comes anywhere near close on this subject
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So, you are willing to take Kathy & Dee's unsubstantiated word as printed in Straight Ahead mag that they said whatever? For whatever reason

So the letters from Bannister are just rubbish that Caesar made up then?
    Have I understood this correctly? :-o

The ambulancemen (and supported by Dr Bannister's estimate of time-of-death going by the colour of JH's larynx) all agreed previously that JImi was dead prior to the ambulancemen's arrival. I seem to remember they have been interviewed and stated this on film.
    The ambulancemen also said that when they arrived at the flat it was empty and as Jimi appeared dead so it was policy to call a policeman before they moved him, as it could be a crime scene. There has been supporting evidence from the policeman who was called also corroborating their story that the flat was empty and that Jimi appeared dead then.
    So..., is CG suggesting that all four of them (1 policemen, two ambulancemen and a Dr) were all making up a consistent story?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticbumwipe View Post
    Have I understood this correctly? :-o

The ambulancemen (and supported by Dr Bannister's estimate of time-of-death going by the colour of JH's larynx) all agreed previously that JImi was dead prior to the ambulancemen's arrival. I seem to remember they have been interviewed and stated this on film.
    The ambulancemen also said that when they arrived at the flat it was empty and as Jimi appeared dead so it was policy to call a policeman before they moved him, as it could be a crime scene. There has been supporting evidence from the policeman who was called also corroborating their story that the flat was empty and that Jimi appeared dead then.
    So..., is CG suggesting that all four of them (1 policemen, two ambulancemen and a Dr) were all making up a consistent story?
    Good question. I've not read this. A person can be dead many hours before being officially declared so. Could semantics be at play here?
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

If you know where they stated this on film, I'd like to see it. If accurate, what they said at the time was very likely coloured by the situation they felt themselves to be in.
    Anything Bannister said was obviously to cover his arse. If JH was as dead as described by him, rigor mortis would have set in. We are then left with the bizarre spectacle of him trying to revive a long dead corpse for half an hour!

I suggest you read the book. The ex-policeman claims most of his story was made up by the journalist to sensationalise the story, Seifert and the ambulance men's 'memories' appear to have 'improved' now that they don't feel threatened anymore and a disgraced, fraudulent ex-doctor who claims opposites in the space of a paragraph is hardly valid testimony. The entire content of his letters is there to read and it's pretty damning evidence against his reliability.

Thanks

The ex-policeman claims most of his story was made up by the journalist to sensationalise the story, ...
    Source?

... Seifert and the ambulance men's 'memories' appear to have 'improved' now that they don't feel threatened anymore ...
    Clarify threat and source - memories fade with time, not improve.

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

Where there is mystery, there will always be speculation.
    And where there is speculation, there will always be wild theories and baseless conjecture.

Distinguishing between what is possible and what is likely is always difficult when you know little about the credibilty or reliability of the people who have first hand knowledge.

So I will be interested to see what new 'evidence' Glebbeck has been unable to unearth and what reliable sources he has to support any conjectures.

Here are some 'blasts from the past'.

John Bannister, speaking in relation to claims in the relatively recent book written by Tappy Wright, Hendrix's former roadie that Jimi's manager Mike Jeffery had had the star killed.

But after reading all that its worth knowing that Bob Levine, (Tappy's long term business associate and Mike Jeffery’s assistant manager in New York) thinks Tappy's version is bollocks:

http://musiccourt.wordpress.com/2011...at-killed-him/

Then there's this, although it does rather seem to highlight he sensational, which of course sells papers:
    The singer-songwriter Meic Stevens, speaking publicly for the first time about the night leading to Hendrix's death, said the star was mixing red wine with lager and drinking the concoction from a pint glass.
    He said: ‘I was with Jimi Hendrix the night he died. He had been drinking red wine with me - even though he had never drunk red wine in his life before. [Hmmm. THAT seems unlikley]
    The 69-year-old claimed he and Hendrix had been having a night out with Marmalade stars Gary Farr and Jimmy Cregan, as well as Eric Clapton, at the infamous Scotch of St James bar in Mayfair.
    In an interview for Radio 4 documentary Free Wales Harmony, Mr Stevens claimed Hendrix was intrigued that he was drinking Louis St George Burgundy and wanted to try it.
    He added: ‘[Hendrix] was drinking lager or some kind of beer and he just poured the wine in to the pint glass. I don’t think he had ever drunk red wine before – he didn’t know how to drink it.
    ‘But he seemed okay. He seemed to be allright. But the next day I woke up late and somebody phoned and said Jimi’s dead.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...c-Stevens.html

Then there is this which imagines all sorts of skullduggery but still has some interesting bits of info in one place:
    http://www.maebrussell.com/Articles and Notes/Covert War Against Rock.html

Dr. Rufus Compson at the Department of Forensic Medicine at St. George's Medical School undertook his own investigation. He referred to the original medical examiner's report and discovered that there were rice remains in Hendrix's stomach.
    It takes three to four hours for the stomach to empty, he reasoned, and the deceased ate Chinese food at a dinner party hosted by Pete Cameron between the hours of 11 pm and midnight, placing the time of death no later than 4 am.(28)
    This is consistent with the report of Dr. Bannister, the surgical registrar, that "the inside of his mouth and mucous membranes were black because he had been dead for some time." Dr. Bannister told the London Times, "Hendrix had been dead for hours rather than minutes when he was admitted to the hospital."(29)
    The inquest itself was "unusual," Tony Brown notes, because "none of the other witnesses involved were called to give their evidence, nor was any attempt made to ascertain the exact time of death," as if the subject was to be avoided. The result was that the public record on this basic fact in the case may have been incorrectly cited by scores of reporters and biographers. Tony Brown: "Even [medical examiner] Professor Teare made no attempt to ascertain the exact time of death. The inquest appeared to be conducted merely as a formality and had not been treated by the coroner as a serious investigation."(30)
    In 'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky (1996), Bill Henderson describes the inquest and its aftermath: "Those who followed his death....noticed many inconsistencies in the official inquest. It has been an open and shut affair that managed to hide its racist intent behind the public perceptual hoax of Hendrix as a substance abuser....As a result, millions of people all over the world thought that Hendrix had died that typical rock star's death: drug OD amid fame, opulence, decadence. But it seems that Hendrix could very well have been the victim not of decadence, but of foul play."(31)
    Forensic tests submitted at the inquest have been supplemented over the years by new evidence that makes a reconstruction of the murder possible. In October, 1991, Steve Roby, publisher of Straight Ahead, a Hendrix fanzine, asked, "What Really Happened?": "Kathy Etchingham, a close friend/lover of Jimi's, and Dee Mitchell, Mitch Mitchell's wife, spent many months tracking down former friends and associates of Hendrix, and are convinced they have solved the mystery of the final hours." Central to reconstructing Hendrix's death is red wine. Dr. Bannister reports that after the esophagus had been cleared, "masses" of red wine were "coming out of his nose and out of his mouth." The wine gushing up in great volume from Hendrix's lungs "is very vivid because you don't often see people who have drowned in their own red wine. He had something around him—whether it was a towel or a jumper—around his neck and that was saturated with red wine. His hair was matted. He was completely cold. I personally think he probably died a long time before....He was cold and he was blue."(32)
    Henderson writes:
    The abstract morbidity of Hendrix's body upon discovery may indicate a more complex scenario than has been commonly held. Hendrix was not a red wine guzzler, especially in the amounts found in and around his body. He was known to be moderate in his consumption. If he was 'sleeping normally,' then why was he fully clothed? And how could the ambulance attendants have missed seeing someone who was supposed to be there? The garment, or towel, around his neck is totally mysterious given the scenario so widely distributed. But it is consistent with the doctor's statement that he drowned. Was he drowned by force? In a radio interview broadcast out of Holland in the early '70s, an unnamed girlfriend answered 'yes' to the question, 'Was Hendrix killed by the Mafia?'"(33)
    Tony Brown, in Hendrix: The Final Days (1997), correlates the consumption of the wine to the approximate time of death: "It's unlikely that he drank the quantity of red wine found by Dr. Bannister.... Therefore, Jimi must have drunk a large quantity of red wine just prior to his death," suggesting that the quantity of alcohol in his lungs was the direct cause.(34)
    The revised time of death, 3-4 am, contradicts the gap in the official record, and so does the revelation that Jimi Hendrix drowned in red wine. While it is common knowledge that Hendrix choked to death, it has only recently come to light that the wine—not the Verparex—was the primary catalyst of death. Hendrix was, the evidence suggests, forced to drink a quantity of wine. The barbiturates, as Brown notes, "seriously inhibited Jimi's normal cough reflex." Unable to cough the wine back up, "it went straight down into his lungs....It is quite possible that he thrashed about for some time, fighting unsuccessfully to gain his breath."(35) It is doubtful that Hendrix would have continued to swallow the wine in "massive" volumes had it begun to fill his lungs. One explanation that explains the forensic evidence is that Jimi Hendrix was restrained, wine forced down his throat until his thrashings ceased. All of this must have taken place quickly, before the alcohol had time to enter his bloodstream. The post mortem report states that the blood alcohol level was not excessive, about 20mg over the legal drinking limit. He died before his stomach absorbed much of the wine. Jimi Hendrix choked to death. That much of the general understanding of his demise is correct, and little else.

28. Tony Brown, Hendrix: The Final Days, London: Rogan House, 1997, , p. 164.
    29. Henderson, Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky,p. 392.
    30. Brown, p. 163.
    31. Henderson, p. 388.
    32. Ibid., p. 392.
    33. Henderson,p. 393.
    34. Brown, p. 165.
    35. Brown, pp. 165-66.

[IMG]chrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gif[/IMG][IMG]chrome://interclue/content/cluecore/skins/default/pixel.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

^
    All that stuff above looks familiar.
    I thought this thread was to discuss CG's new book.

Thanks

If JH was as dead as described by him, rigor mortis would have set in. We are then left with the bizarre spectacle of him trying to revive a long dead corpse for half an hour!
    I understood it is standard proceedure to make some attempt at resuscitaion. And I think you guys are overstating the rigor mortis aspect. Have you ever seen a body that is four or five hours dead? I have and I noticed neither extreme stiffness nor blueness.

The ex-policeman claims most of his story was made up by the journalist to sensationalise the story,
    Journalist? He spoke to McDermott also didn't he for Setting the record straight?

Seifert and the ambulance men's 'memories' appear to have 'improved' now that they don't feel threatened anymore...
    Threatened by whom or what?

...and a disgraced, fraudulent ex-doctor who claims opposites in the space of a paragraph is hardly valid testimony. The entire content of his letters is there to read and it's pretty damning evidence against his reliability.
    What opposites claims in the space of a paragraph? Is that referring to something in the new book? I have never seen a contradictory claim from him before. And any account from memory 41 years later is understandably likely to be LESS clear and accurate in the details than one taken at the time.

Thanks

I have and I noticed neither extreme stiffness nor blueness.
    As have I. Ambient temperature plays a role. A warm environment will contribute to r.m. taking quite a while to get one blue & stiff. Some of you sleuths can dig up the outside temp on that day and determine if the furnace needed firing up. Still, it's reported the door was open when the emergency crew arrived, but who knows for how long.

Thanks

I understood it is standard proceedure to make some attempt at resuscitaion. And I think you guys are overstating the rigor mortis aspect. Have you ever seen a body that is four or five hours dead? I have and I noticed neither extreme stiffness nor blueness.

Journalist? He spoke to McDermott also didn't he for Setting the record straight?

Threatened by whom or what?

What opposites claims in the space of a paragraph? Is that referring to something in the new book? I have never seen a contradictory claim from him before. And any account from memory 41 years later is understandably likely to be LESS clear and accurate in the details than one taken at the time.
    Blueness? extreme stiffness? who mentioned that? How did you come to the conclusion that the body you saw wasn't stiffening in parts? were you manhandling it, watching others? There are, apparently, hugely varying factors as to the onset of RM which I have read can be from 10 minutes to several hours. It is not a visibly uniform condition at first, it affects the smaller muscles in the neck etc. first. Wearing off after some time.
    Bannister gave a (bogus) vivid description of a long dead person, regardless of RM or not, but also claimed he was alive earlier!
    If JH was dead it would be almost immediately noticeable to the experienced medical professionals at the hospital casualty . No one is going to attempt resuss on a long dead corpse!
    Threatened? How about public claims of negligence by Monika? Hugely famous international icon/pop star? Prospect of a re-investigation?

"Journalist? He spoke to McDermott also didn't he for Setting the record straight?"
    Give us the quote (so what if he did anyway? STRS is full of nonsense)

As regards my comments on 'memory' note my 'punctuation'
    The only statements taken at the time (ie your most "clear and accurate" memory) were from one policeman, Stickells and Monika
    Read the book, you're just diggin' a hole
    Last edited by stplsd; 09-24-11 at 01:44 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Drum View Post
    We will answer this for we have a good case of honestly-figured evidence. I can't comment on the disgust I feel that Caesar would dare do this to Jimi. It's flaws are so obvious that it doesn't take much to refute it. This is a terrible campaign of disinformation that should be shunned.
    ie:
    "[Although I still haven't actually read the book]. We, [I mean I], will answer this for we, [oops there I go again], have a good case of [more tedious, verbose, repetition of my fantasy]."
    "I can't comment on the disgust I feel that Caesar would dare do this to (me and my conspiracy theory)."
    "It's flaws are so obvious that it doesn't take much to refute it [although I haven't managed to come up with a logically reasoned and documented rebuff of the main points yet, not having read the book]."
    "This is a terrible campaign of disinformation that should be shunned [because it makes my wild, unsubstantiated "theories" look silly]."

Jimi [ie himself] OD'd [apparently a borderline OD though, unless CG, or someone else comes up with some better evidence?] on script sleepers (why he took them no one knows), which caused him to choke to death. That's it, deal with it, move on.

Thanks

we have the pathologists report of the amount in the liver. It was so high it was very unlikely he could have survived, unless treated very much sooner. Many have died with a much lesser amount.
    Apologies, I just couldn't be bothered arguing - pished. The lesser amount in the literature I've seen is just the blood level not the liver, for which there are few easily available on the net.

Neither CG, nor any one else has come up with evidence that shows that JH's 3.9mg% liver level of barbiturate was a neccessarily fatal OD, ie that he would have neccessarily have died from it alone, if he arrived at the hospital "alive", without being choked with vomit, a tracheotomy would indeed seem the appropriate treatment for depressed breathing, the main cause of death from barb overdose according to CG, not to forget the associated vomiting there was no sign of damage to the liver or other vital organs. I'm going back to this earlier stance, based on contemoprary, or near contemporary published medical research, which I put up at the conspiracy thread. I'll be happy if someone can come up with any evidence that backs CG's contention though

Some more gripes:
    I think CG should have given us evidence that Lorraine James’ statements were false.
    Explained the Debbie Toomey story.
    Given us evidence that Angie Burdon was actually at Pete Kameron’s.
    Where does Mike Quashie say Monika and Jimi were engaged?
    Evidence that arch-waffler Sharon Lawrence was even in London at the time?
    Why quote her anyway, nevermind at length, “Well, Jimi said this and Jimi said that,” yeah, yeah give us a break. I notice CG hasn’t quoted her ridiculous "true confession" from Monika!
    Why no mention of the LSD that Jimi allegedly took at Kameron's party?
    John Swenson is not qualified in any way to say whether Hendrix was being robbed and for him to come to the conclusion that that was the reason for him thowing his money away, is frankly bizarre. If Hendrix was worried about his money he could have bought property, or other investments instead of throwing it away on Record Plant fees, cars, drugs, swanky hotels and assorted rubbish. If he was so pissed off with Jeffery why did he go into business with him?
    I really don’t care a jot about Jeffery, but I think to wrongly paint him as some kind of uniquely scheming, thieving monster totally to blame for all Jimi’s “woes” does no one any service, including/especially JH.
    There is nothing more than bitching as evidence that Jeffery took any more than his (already high, and taken off the top before expenses and other costs!) legal due, there is no evidence that he was a uniquely venal manager, while there is abundant evidence for many, if not most, others at the time being very similarly greedy, if not far worse (see my Jeffery thread) - Bowie’s Mainman took 50%! - although they are not made out to be such uniquely evil men, just greedy.
    According to Grace Slick, even Bill Graham was 'at it' - eventually ditched by the Airplane, for putting them on a non stop touring treadmill
    Under Mike's management Hendrix was the highest earning rock performer of his day (According to all accounts), had his own publishing company "Bella Godiva", his own production company "Heaven Research Unlimited" and was 50/50 partner with Mike in the most advanced recording studio in New York City "Electric Lady".

The main culprits in relieving him of large wads of cash at that time and into the next two years, and setting back his next studio album by at least a year, were Chalpin (aided and abetted by Knight), Capitol, UK Decca (ie the vile Dick Rowe) and Warners themselves who caved in to Chalpin without a fight - UK Polydor and Track records fought Chalpin's case (1973) which he basically lost for all territories outside of the US & Canada, all he and UK Decca, who backed him, won was the right to keep selling their two rubbish LP's and a couple of singles.
    Similarly Vesparax® (a Belgian product – UCB® Pharma - ie Union Chemique Belge®, a Belgian Company, the producer of Vesparax®) has been demonised. It was not a particularly dangerous combination in itself ([US] Lilly®'s Tuinol® 200mg caps were very similar in strength and could not be broken in half, a double dose of 100mg Nembutal's®, Seconal's® or other 'fast acting' barbiturates would be more 'dangerous' than the equivalent 200mg Vesparax®), and was not legislated against separately from other barbiturates, to make this out appears dishonest.
    Brallobarbital may be "absobed quickly" but it is not a 'fast acting' (ie more dangerous) barbiturate like secobarbital, it is 'medium acting' (ie less dangerous) according to almost all (ie all the one’s that give that detail) the literature I have seen, only one sites it as fast and that is when (misleadingly) in combination with the fast acting Seconal® ie stated as Vesparax® .

The majority of barbiturate deaths were not due to Vesparax®. The examples of Vesparax® deaths CG gives (only three) are all women, on average women have much less tolerance due to something to do with hormones, apparently. One of them had taken 14! what bearing can her death possibly have on his case! Nevermind he has failed to provide their barbiturate/liver level. The other two had taken 10, ie he has given no example of someone who has died after taking only nine!
    Where is the evidence that Hendrix’ liver level of 3.9mg% was neccessarily fatal? CG has given no documented examples.
    I have provided solid medical evidence, which agrees with the pathologist and coroner, that “As few as ten” can cause death. ie some (apparently only a few [2? CG] women) have died with as little as this amount, ie not nine

CG's contention that this was such a clear cut case of unsaveable OD, against the expert opinion of pathologist Teare, coroner Thurston and a professional investigation into the toxicity of Vesparax®, that the vomit and therefore everyone else involved is let off the hook entirely. ie Monika's apparent dithering for a few minutes, didn't lessen his chances, that the ambulancemen's possibly unskilled treatment of him made no difference, and that the Doctor's did their best, he would have died regardless. For this claim to stand, much better evidence is surely required. Of course none of the above could really be blamed for any shortcomings that may be claimed by whoever, they didn't force him to take the tablets (much as some like to fantasise), if he had survived, it would only have been through good luck ie pure chance that Monika woke early enough, and noticed he had vomited soon enough, or alternatively, it could be seen as a series of unfortunate events, ie 'if only this' and 'if only that' ie wishful thinking.

I can see no good reason for CG not providing copies of the original inquest documents that he has reproduced the text of. Unless they are no longer available to him, or never were available to anyone, outside of medical professionals and they are just poor copies (as it seems)? That "somebody"? made from who? where? Tony Brown claims he got a typed copy from Thurston. Some of the wording is very muddled for supposed professional, medical post mortem reports. Then again one of them is just a courtroom transcript - apparently (made by who?) of Teare's testimony.
    The other is written as if it came from an official document, but we are left to presume this, it isn't stated, and no details of the source are given either.

"Typed version 1" (What does "Typed version" mean?)
    Why the use of ml instead of mg? (mg appears to be the correct measure. Possibly another typo, if so, by who?)
    Has Seconal® (itself a US brand name of the Lilly® drug comany for the barbiturate that in the US the scientific name was secobarbital but in the UK was quinalbarbitone) which Teare states is 1.3ml% in the blood and 1.9ml% in the liver [CG says this amount is a typo for 3.9ml%, it is obviously a typo, but by who?]
    Then there is this weird sentence: "There was also a barbiturate" I presume the word "another" has been left out - another typo? either that or what the fu' does Teare (?) think secobarbitol is then?
    Odd that the name of it isn't stated, ie brallobarbitol.
    But then it continues as if Teare (?) isn't aware that secobarbitol is a barbiturate:
    Q: We have heard that he took Vesparax®?
    Teare: "Yes, this would account for the barbiturate." Another typo? this should surely read "barbiturates" plural, or is he (?) still unaware that Seconal® is a barbiturate too and is still talking about the brallobarbitol?
    The amphetamine (no brand name given) is calculated at 46ml% in the urine

"Typed version 2"
    When Teare (?) comes to the amphetamine Durophet® he has "d. and 100 amphetamine 20mgs" what is this mysterious "d. and 100"? Oddly it also includes the street name "black bomber"
    How would he know it was this Durophet® brand? There is no record or suggestion of anyone at Kameron's being interviewed at the time (the only witnesses to him taking it were, apparently, Stella & Devon). Unless Jimi told Monika about taking a "black bomber" and she passed this info along. If she did this, the notes of this conversation have never been mentioned by anyone.
    It should surely just read, "Amphetamine" (unknown)

Next anomally is the blood, where quinalbarbitone (aka secobarbitol) is calculated as only 0.7mg%, the % being reduced to nearly half the amount of the previous statement?
    Why has the other barbiturate (brallobarbital) apparently disappeared?
    Why the change from ml to mg? (mg appears to be the correct measure)
    Then in the liver the Seconal® (again oddly and improperly using a US brand name) and brallobarbitone are lumped together (intentionally, as stated) as quinalbaritone?

Then in an apparent summing up (no heading given) The total of the two barbiturates present is described solely (this time) as Seconal® 1.3mg% in the blood and 3.9mg% in the liver. The amphetamine is just described as "easily detectable" in the urine (no amount given, though it was earlier?/later? calculated at 46ml%!)

What a shambles!
    Does it not seem very odd that a very experienced and distinguished pathologist, an Englishman, trained and practising in Engand should refer to quinalbarbitone with an American brand name? And get the terms inconsistently mixed up in this way? use ml% (apparently not the scientific measure used for these measurements) and then change to mg%? Was Teare (?) himself on barbs at the time? Or. . .?
    Last edited by stplsd; 01-28-12 at 02:12 PM.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 554 Posts

Dr. Rufus Compson at the Department of Forensic Medicine at St. George's Medical School undertook his own investigation. He referred to the original medical examiner's report and discovered that there were rice remains in Hendrix's stomach.
    It takes three to four hours for the stomach to empty, he reasoned, and the deceased ate Chinese food at a dinner party hosted by Pete Cameron between the hours of 11 pm and midnight, placing the time of death no later than 4 am.
    (28) - Tony Brown's "Final Days"

CG informs us that many factors can influence the digestion of foods. It depends on the type of food, the quantity, acid levels, alcohol, etc. "In Jimi's case, the very high intoxication levels present would have delayed the emptying of the stomach even further". Food can take longer than 4 hours to clear the stomach. Also, rice is NOT digested in the stomach but in the small intestine. So if a few grains were found it's no big deal. It might also have been whole grain rice with a trace of husk or even a few undercooked grains. So as you can see there is nothing here that constitutes "forensic evidence" as some jokers like to insist.

Forget the Bannister quotes also. If you believe what he said then you have to believe that Jimi was unusually tall with his legs sticking over the end of the casualty table. Jimi was 5' 11" and as said, if he was evidently long dead, HOURS ago, why would medical staff try to revive him? You can't believe one thing Bannister says to fit a picturesque and juvenile assassination theory and then ignore the ludicrous nature of the rest of his statements.

It was the imposter "Dee Mitchell" who dug up the ambulance men to help (and seduce) Kathy. Dee spoke to the guys before the arranged conversations with Kathy. One can imagine her telling them that Hendrix books were saying that Jimi's death was their fault for sitting him upright in the ambulance. Very easy for them to come up with scenario for what happenned between the Samarkand and St. Mary Abbotts to clear themselves of the responsability. Delores might have even given them prodding in this direction to make sure Kathy (who she was stalking) got what she wanted in her personnal war against Monika. The whole thing then snowballs out of control with Bannister getting on board with his laughable story and then we have conspiracy nuts loving every minute of it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purple jim For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^
    AS I said I hadn't finished You may not want to endorse my post with 'thanks' now I've finished - that post.
    I feel there's more points that CG should provide clearer support for. I'm not saying the support is not there, just that he failed to provide it in this fairly expensive publication.
    The info on the gigs and photos wuld be welcome elsewhere, but really most of it is just a distraction from the main topic. Too many photos of Jimi and nowhere near enough of documents that count. The bit about alleged attempts to change management was more uneccessary padding, Buddy Miles, Redding, Douglas and Chas {Lawrence? ha-ha-ha} as reliable witnesses to this? Well, really, give me a break As for CG's estimation that it would have been impossible for Jimi to break with him, if he really wanted to, until his contract was up in - when was it? 1971?-72? dunno, anyway Baloney!
    Nice to read Steingarten's statement, but then it was posthumous and what were their "conflicts" they were not neccessarily major, just professionally awkward for Steingarten as it was a case of conflicting interest with his partner Weiss, joint representation on some projects etc.
    As for using Lawrence (Miss Mills & Boone, seller of empty cigarette packets etc.) for anything - thrrrp!
    Last edited by stplsd; 09-25-11 at 04:55 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purple jim View Post
    It takes three to four hours for the stomach to empty, he reasoned, and the deceased ate Chinese food at a dinner party hosted by Pete Cameron between the hours of 11 pm and midnight, placing the time of death no later than 4 am.
    (28) - Tony Brown's "Final Days"

CG informs us that many factors can influence the digestion of foods. It depends on the type of food, the quantity, acid levels, alcohol, etc. "In Jimi's case, the very high intoxication levels present would have delayed the emptying of the stomach even further". Food can take longer than 4 hours to clear the stomach. Also, rice is NOT digested in the stomach but in the small intestine. So if a few grains were found it's no big deal. It might also have been whole grain rice with a trace of husk or even a few undercooked grains. So as you can see there is nothing here that constitutes "forensic evidence" as some jokers like to insist.

Forget the Bannister quotes also. If you believe what he said then you have to believe that Jimi was unusually tall with his legs sticking over the end of the casualty table. Jimi was 5' 11" and as said, if he was evidently long dead, HOURS ago, why would medical staff try to revive him? You can't believe one thing Bannister says to fit a picturesque and juvenile assassination theory and then ignore the ludicrous nature of the rest of his statements.

It was the imposter "Dee Mitchell" who dug up the ambulance men to help (and seduce) Kathy. Dee spoke to the guys before the arranged conversations with Kathy. One can imagine her telling them that Hendrix books were saying that Jimi's death was their fault for sitting him upright in the ambulance. Very easy for them to come up with scenario for what happenned between the Samarkand and St. Mary Abbotts to clear themselves of the responsability. Delores might have even given them prodding in this direction to make sure Kathy (who she was stalking) got what she wanted in her personnal war against Monika. The whole thing then snowballs out of control with Bannister getting on board with his laughable story and then we have conspiracy nuts loving every minute of it.
    Yeah, I'll go with most of that. With the addition that Crompton was, so we are told, also as dodgy as Bannister, if not more so.
    As for the stomach's occasional inability to clear rice in a 'timely manner', I did put some of these points forward (being a doubting Thomas, I mentioned hard fried grains as a possibility) I don't know though. CG hasn't given us a documented source, merely citing a list of his expert medical sources at the beginning, which is very unsatisfactory, although I don't neccessarily doubt his, no doubt, experts on this.
    So, the "discernable" rice grains being a reliable marker of TOD is a 'red herring' (apparently?) Makes sense to me
    Last edited by stplsd; 09-25-11 at 05:08 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purple jim View Post
    9/11 was an inside job. etc. etc.
    It was ....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhendrixfanatic View Post
    "Jimi’s reckless mixing of drugs and alcohol had become so commonplace the previous year that his girlfriends regularly woke up hearing him gasping and had to clear his windpipe on several occasions."

This is here:
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/article549854.ece

For my own edification,what girlfriends of Hendrix's said this?
    Carmen Borrero