Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejimi View Post
    ... I belive this thread is getting less and less traffic due to Ceasar's book being the end all to all the conspiracy theorys. ...
    No, it and the entire Conspiracy Forum is getting less and less traffic due to the closing of topics, banning of members and, finally, the departure/absence of the pro-conspiracy camp.

oh, ... and I will not buy this book. I will read it first chance I get.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

^ hmmm-- I'm gonna tell Ceasar what you said. Buy the Book-- its awesome.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    Are there any major conflicts with Brown's 'Last Days'? Some thought it was the final word. The common theme voiced here regarding heavy CB slants and lack of primary evidentiary documentation has me curious as to the overwhelming support thus far. A shame this one not getting equal circulation. Causes me to wonder, I sense this was released with a 'for your eyes only' (read:core Hendrix fanbase) strategy.
    Two primary conflicts with Brown's "Last Days" in my opinion. There is much more of interest in the book but these are the two big body blows to Last Days and previous accounts. Hard to imagine any halfway reasonable person would digest Ceasar's book and walk away with the idea that Brown's book is more accurate.

- Ceasar presents lethally damning evidence against Bannister that destroys his credibility. Huge because Bannister was a primary source in Last Days and, more importantly, the only source of the red wine, mess in the bed story..

- The source of the quotes from the paramedic(s) in Final Days is revealed to be somewhat dubious. The paramedic claims the quotes don't accurately represent the interview he gave.

My only dissapointment was the lack of new details from the Pete Kameron party. That and the Berlin show is sort of dismissed.

CM

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris M For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Two primary conflicts with Brown's "Last Days" in my opinion. There is much more of interest in the book but these are the two big body blows to Last Days and previous accounts. Hard to imagine any halfway reasonable person would digest Ceasar's book and walk away with the idea that Brown's book is more accurate.

- Ceasar presents lethally damning evidence against Bannister that destroys his credibility. Huge because Bannister was a primary source in Last Days and, more importantly, the only source of the red wine, mess in the bed story..

- The source of the quotes from the paramedic(s) in Final Days is revealed to be somewhat dubious. The paramedic claims the quotes don't accurately represent the interview he gave.

My only dissapointment was the lack of new details from the Pete Kameron party. That and the Berlin show is sort of dismissed.

CM
    KD: To be honest, they're both flawed ! How anyone (CB, SD MF or anyone else) could say that theirs was the "final word" on a mystery such
    as Jimi's death is a stretch at best. Big egos are obviously involved here, and anyone who thinks that they are the "definitive, world's expert" on Jimi or his death is simply ludicrous. What made me laugh at CB's recent account is his suggestion that Tony "never set foot in the Samarkand Hotel"

Bollocks ! I was there with him myself in Sept 1997 shortly after the release of Tony's great book. The current owners actually let us in to the room where Jimi died. Very spooky to say the least. We showed our respects, said a quick prayer and got the hell out of there. Tony was a great guy and a very good friend. I miss him very muich.

RIP Jimi - I'm afraid the final details of your untimely death will remain always a mystery. I'm sure there are those who will continue to argue this sad point..................... Go for it !

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kdion11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    so, what did you think of the book?
    KD: Hey MS.

Well researched, and pretty thorough but (surprise, surprise !) it only really serves to back up the original (flawed)
    hypothosis carried out in Electric Gypsy. In other words, simply a vehicle to back up Monica's ever changing
    story and tap dance as relayed through the years until falling under too much scrutiny which of course lead to her suicide.

To relay anything else in UWMA would of course been to admit that Electric Gypsy got the ending wrong ! That certainly
    wasn't going to happen now was it ?

No one is ever going to get to the bottom of this now.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kdion11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    KD: To be honest, they're both flawed ! How anyone (CB, SD MF or anyone else) could say that theirs was the "final word" on a mystery such
    as Jimi's death is a stretch at best. Big egos are obviously involved here, and anyone who thinks that they are the "definitive, world's expert" on Jimi or his death is simply ludicrous. What made me laugh at CB's recent account is his suggestion that Tony "never set foot in the Samarkand Hotel"

Bollocks ! I was there with him myself in Sept 1997 shortly after the release of Tony's great book. The current owners actually let us in to the room where Jimi died. Very spooky to say the least. We showed our respects, said a quick prayer and got the hell out of there. Tony was a great guy and a very good friend. I miss him very muich.

RIP Jimi - I'm afraid the final details of your untimely death will remain always a mystery. I'm sure there are those who will continue to argue this sad point..................... Go for it !
    thank you very very much Keith.

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

KD: Hey MS.

Well researched, and pretty thorough but (surprise, surprise !) it only really serves to back up the original (flawed)
    hypothosis carried out in Electric Gypsy. In other words, simply a vehicle to back up Monica's ever changing
    story and tap dance as relayed through the years until falling under too much scrutiny which of course lead to her suicide.

To relay anything else in UWMA would of course been to admit that Electric Gypsy got the ending wrong ! That certainly
    wasn't going to happen now was it ?

No one is ever going to get to the bottom of this now.
    thank you very very much Keith.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 554 Posts

The current owners actually let us in to the room where Jimi died.
    Though it seems that Jimi died on arrival at the hospital.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to purple jim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Monica's ever changing story and tap dance as relayed through the years until falling under too much scrutiny which of course lead to her suicide.
    The only major change in her story was a large time difference during one radio interview many years later when she speculated the Mafia had killed him. Was she fed up with being questioned (to which she gave almost identical stories, occasionally leaving out the trip for cigs) and thought she'd go along with the murder scenario, and/or was she taking the piss?
    Her story of JH's death had nothing to do with her suicide anyway, it was losing a libel action by Kathy Etchingham for calling her a liar (Monika's not the only one, it seems).
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

RIP Jimi - I'm afraid the final details of your untimely death will remain always a mystery.
    He took an overdose of sleepers, not a big one though, ie not big enough to deliberately commit suicide, which caused him to choke to death - the only mystery is why he took so many, but it's not a big mystery, it's an all too common mistake, same with booze etc.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Here is an article from '96 on Dannemann that I hadn't seen

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...f-1345098.html

also, in that bastion of truth.... Wikipedia, it states under Dannemann's entry that Al Hendrix concurred that the two were to be married. Where did THAT come from?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jhendrixfanatic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejimi View Post
    ^Buy the book. I believe he is unbiased in his accounts and he backs up his arguments as it pertains to Brown.

I belive this thread is getting less and less traffic due to Ceasar's book being the end all to all the conspiracy theorys.

I feel he gives no slant one way or another-- he presents the facts in logical sequential and thorough manner.

This book is worth every penny he is asking.
    I'll go along with most of that, but I detect an obvious slant with his declaring the amount of barbiturate to be definitely fatal without the vomit. I am siding with the medical report into Vesparax that I provided, other evidence of fatal doses and with the coroner and pathologist who all declare this was a borderline death (on the side of probable survival) and if he had not vomited/been treated properly and in time he could quite possibly have survived (this does not mean that anyone is to blame) - until better evidence is given on the toxicity of the dose.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhendrixfanatic View Post
    Wikipedia, it states under Dannemann's entry that Al Hendrix concurred that the two were to be married. Where did THAT come from?
    From a letter he wrote.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,149 Times in 658 Posts

"he" = Al? or =Jimi?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ezy Rider View Post
    "he" = Al? or =Jimi?
    Al.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    (this does not mean that anyone is to blame)

Well, Jimi himself....

Thanks

The next french issue of Rolling Stone translated some good pages from Caesar's book.

YM

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Yazid Manou For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^ wow that is HUGE DEAL--- nice work Ceasar. I glad he is getting the press coverage

Thanks

Somebody help me out with the by-line under his name. French to English via Google Translate comes up with:

"Against investigating a suspicious death"

What would be a better translation?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhendrixfanatic View Post
    Somebody help me out with the by-line under his name. French to English via Google Translate comes up with:

"Against investigating a suspicious death"

What would be a better translation?
    "Counter inquiry on a suspicious death" would be better

30. The Following User Says Thank You to sequelenoise For This Useful Post: