Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    Well, Jimi himself....
    'Blame' is normally attached to a second party that 'caused'/'was responsible for' an adverse incident to the victim, ie the first party, implying the second party were the instrument of the damage to the first party? Is it not a bit weird to attach it to a solo victim? Unless you are of the ruthless attitude (often professed by those puzzled?, ie drunken, wife beating, whoring scumbags we all know and tolertate/not entirely hate/(in this world) ) that have usually, but not always, narrowly escaped death by chokin on their own alcohol vomit) that he "only had himself to blame", "fukin junky" etc. (at least up here, to quote Cagney, I'm on top of the world Ma" - KA-BOOM!!
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Perhaps I can shed some light on this, as I , over the last two years , have nearly died four times.
    I have woken up with what appeared to be stomach fluid in my lungs , three of those times. I could NOT breath, and just barely coughed out this caustic stomach acid until i nearly passed out ..I was lucky to have lived, Only ONE of these times had I been drinking at all..
    I DO know that if i had had a sleeping pill effective enough to keep me asleep, or had been passed out from booze, i would be dead now. It was ONLY that I was able to wake up, that saved my life.
    I have no idea what has caused these episodes, except i now am far too nervous to ever use strong sleeping pills.. because it doesnt have to be an overdose, just enough to keep you asleep, that can kill you.
    Lets face it, haven't you ever had a time trying to wake up someone who'd only had ONE sleeping pill?
    Doc

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doccus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    'Blame' is normally attached to a second party that 'caused'/'was responsible for' an adverse incident to the victim, ie the first party, implying the second party were the instrument of the damage to the first party? Is it not a bit weird to attach it to a solo victim? Unless you are of the ruthless attitude (often professed by those puzzled?, ie drunken, wife beating, whoring scumbags we all know and tolertate/not entirely hate/(in this world) ) that have usually, but not always, narrowly escaped death by chokin on their own alcohol vomit) that he "only had himself to blame", "fukin junky" etc. (at least up here, to quote Cagney, I'm on top of the world Ma" - KA-BOOM!!

Well, what I meant was it's popular to apportion blame to "second parties" when celebrities die, i.e. look for a villain. See the ongoing "Michael Jackson death trial" - it was the doctor's fault apparently... In Jimi's case it was [insert unlikeable character, Mike Jeffery/Alan Douglas/Devon Wilson] that led to Jimi's demise. I'm not saying Jimi boy "only had himself to blame"; I'm saying it's disrespectful to assume he was incapable of making his own decisions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dino77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    Well, what I meant was it's popular to apportion blame to "second parties" when celebrities die, i.e. look for a villain. See the ongoing "Michael Jackson death trial" - it was the doctor's fault apparently... In Jimi's case it was [insert unlikeable character, Mike Jeffery/Alan Douglas/Devon Wilson] that led to Jimi's demise. I'm not saying Jimi boy "only had himself to blame"; I'm saying it's disrespectful to assume he was incapable of making his own decisions.
    Got the picture now, sorry if I picked you up wrong (again).
    But Michael Jackson was a different case. Here a qualified doctor is accused of actually administering an unusual drug to him that was not intended for use in that way, while he was already on other drugs and failed to monitor his condition. He, a medical professional, is also accused of failing to call an ambulance when he should have, ie he is accused of criminal medical mal practice and negligence.
    I haven't heard of anyone accusing A Douglas or Wilson for Jimi's death?
    Last edited by stplsd; 10-23-11 at 05:03 AM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 1,009 Posts

Until We Meet Again: Unvibes Special Edition

Just got my copy today. Haven't read it yet. Magazine size. Except for 1 or 2, all the photos of Jimi in it are available here in the Crosstown Gallery.

Link To Unvibes: http://www.univibes.com/

All NEW, all-out investigation
    into ALL circumstances
    surrounding Jimi's death...
    Price - $45.00

Finished reading it. Summary of conclusions reached in the book:

Most of what Monica Dannemann said is true.

Jimi knew exactly how many pills he took because the Vesparex package dispenser requires the user to press down each time to release one pill. So Jimi had to press down nine times to dispense nine pills.

Jimi had been taking higher than normally prescribed amounts of Mandrax (Qualude) pills to sleep. He did the same thing with the German Vesparex pills without knowing that they are 4 times stronger than Mandrax.

The prescribes amount to be used with Vesparex is 1/2 to 1 pill. So it can be said that Jimi took18 times the normal dosage which was 72 times stronger than the normal dose of Mandrax.

The Doctors and Ambulance men were incompetent Made alot of mistakes and made inaccurate statements. And both made statements that contradicted earlier statements they had made.

The autopsy was not thorough. Some tests that should have been done weren't. And the alot of people who should have been call to testify at the inquest where not.

By the time the ambulance was arrived, nothing could have saved Jimi because the level of Vesparex in his system was toxic and destroys the liver within 2 hours. The ambulance arrived almost 4 and half hours after Jimi took the 9 Vesparex pills.

In the following years there were other deaths that occurred from people taking the same amount of Vesparex that Jimi took, which led to the drug being taken off the market.
    Last edited by RobbieRadio; 10-23-11 at 07:20 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Until We Meet Again: Unvibes Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post
    Just got my copy today. Haven't read it yet. Magazine size. Except for 1 or 2, all the photos of Jimi in it are available here in the Crosstown Gallery.

Link To Unvibes: http://www.univibes.com/

All NEW, all-out investigation
    into ALL circumstances
    surrounding Jimi's death...
    Price - $45.00
    awesome-- I await your thoughts. Reading the book makes it eaisier to have a decent dialog regarding the material.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 554 Posts

Jimi knew exactly how many pills he took because the Vesparex package dispenser requires the user to press down each time to release one pill. So Jimi had to press down nine times to dispense nine pills.
    Or - Monika pressed out more pills for him (she did let it slip to Kathy that she herself gave Jimi more pills - if we are to beleive what Kathy recounted in her book about the meeting with Monika).

Thanks

Why is it $45 to America but $70 to Australia when our dollar is higher?
    I'm sure it doesn't cost an extra $25 plus to post here. $70 is just too much.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 1,009 Posts

STPLSD: I was unaware of the other thread which is in the Conspiracy Forum. However, my thread is not about any conspiracy theory. It is about the content of, and the conclusions of the book. It was for the purpose of informing not for contributing to the debate of any conspiracy, which goes on in the Conspiracy Forum. My thread is basically a book review.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 Times in 856 Posts

STPLSD: I was unaware of the other thread which is in the Conspiracy Forum. However, my thread is not about any conspiracy theory. It is about the content of, and the conclusions of the book. It was for the purpose of informing not for contributing to the debate of any conspiracy, which goes on in the Conspiracy Forum. My thread is basically a book review.
    Thread merged as it is the same topic, that of CG's publiction. Conspiracy or otherwise, debate as you like folks.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

I haven't heard of anyone accusing A Douglas or Wilson for Jimi's death?
    I'm sure it's happened in this part of the forum, but that's just internet....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mickliz1971 View Post
    Why is it $45 to America but $70 to Australia when our dollar is higher?
    I'm sure it doesn't cost an extra $25 plus to post here. $70 is just too much.
    A CTT member has/had one available at 1/2 price or less. Review this topic.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

He could easily have become unaware if he had taken a couple earlier, then absentmindedly took more, an all too commpn occurence apparently

Jimi had been taking higher than normally prescribed amounts of Mandrax (Qualude) pills to sleep.
    He may well have been taking them to get stoned too, as was very popular at this time
    He did the same thing with the German Vesparex pills without knowing that they are 4 times stronger than Mandrax.
    Who's to say what he knew about them.

The prescribes amount to be used with Vesparex is 1/2 to 1 pill.
    So it can be said that Jimi took 9 times the normal dosage. Which cannot be compared in any meaningfull way with Mandrax.

The Doctors and Ambulance men were incompetent Made alot of mistakes
    The doctors and ambulance men have not been shown to be incompetent, it has been claimed they were.
    made inaccurate statements. And both made statements that contradicted earlier statements they had made.
    That is not what they said, they said they were misquoted
    The autopsy was not thorough. Some tests that should have been done weren't.
    Thorough enough to show that he died from choking on his vomit due to an overdose of barbiturate. And that they saw nothing suspicious. They were not doing an autopsy to please conspiracy buffs and their detractors.

And the alot of people who should have been call to testify at the inquest where not.
    Why would they? There was no evidence of anything suspicious, no one came forward to say they thought there was either.

By the time the ambulance was arrived, nothing could have saved Jimi because the level of Vesparex in his system was toxic

Not according to medical reports, the coroner and the pathologist - it was the vomit that killed him
    and destroys the liver within 2 hours.
    There is no mention of his liver being destroyed in the autopsy

In the following years there were other deaths that occurred from people taking the same amount of Vesparex that Jimi took
    Where? show us?

which led to the drug being taken off the market.
    All barbiturates were taken off the prescription list, not just Vesparax

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Finished reading it. Summary of conclusions reached in the book:

Most of what Monica Dannemann said is true.
    by who's opinion ? are we talking about the only witness who knew the facts but decided to change his testimony where and ever he could ? don't forget she said she was there when the ambulance came but more then one reliable witness said the flat was empty.

the "user" , how could anybody ever know who was the "user"? other people could press it down as well.

Jimi had been taking higher than normally prescribed amounts of Mandrax (Qualude) pills to sleep. He did the same thing with the German Vesparex pills without knowing that they are 4 times stronger than Mandrax.
    once again, we don't know if it was "he".
    The Doctors and Ambulance men were incompetent Made alot of mistakes and made inaccurate statements. And both made statements that contradicted earlier statements they had made.
    the two ambulance man never worked together before and after that morning but in a surprising way they told Tony Brown the same story of what had happened that morning. anyway by the time they arrived Jimi was long gone. so what mistakes had been done ?

The autopsy was not thorough. Some tests that should have been done weren't. And the alot of people who should have been call to testify at the inquest where not.
    till this day. besides Monica there are few other people who still around till this day , people who may know one or two things the general public don't know.

By the time the ambulance was arrived, nothing could have saved Jimi because the level of Vesparex in his system was toxic and destroys the liver within 2 hours. The ambulance arrived almost 4 and half hours after Jimi took the 9 Vesparex pills.
    the ambulance didn't arrived 4 and a half hours after Jimi took the pills the ambulance doesn't pop out by itself, it took too much time for "someone" to call an ambulance, too much time could be more then few hours.
    My Hendrix inspierd instrumental song:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqIzd7s_b2Y

" But as far as I know, they may even try to wrap me up in cellophane and try and sell me
    Brothers help me, and dont worry about lookin at the score "

Thanks

^
    You obviously haven't read the book, always a good move to read something before attempting to critcize it - no?

Thanks

^
    You obviously haven't read the book, always a good move to read something before attempting to critcize it - no?
    what book , Tony Brown's ? 3 times !
    I read RobbieRadio's conclusions, that is enough.

" But as far as I know, they may even try to wrap me up in cellophane and try and sell me

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by univibs View Post
    what book , ...?
    see post #1.

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

Certainly a nice thread to get the itch to read. Will do so very soon when I have enough time to read cover-to-cover.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    see post #1.
    o.k, but if that's someone's conclusions after reading "the last ......... in Hendrix life" then I don't need or want to read that book. sorry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by univibs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    see post #1.
    o.k, but if that's someone's conclusions after reading "the last ......... in Hendrix life" then I don't need or want to read that book. sorry.
    why not?