Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,838 Times in 2,058 Posts

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Quote Originally Posted by Ezy Rider View Post
    Easy to read summary and well-balanced, objective view of the cause of Jimi's death, probably the best I have come across on the web (on a health care blog!):

Maybe "easy to read" but definitely not "well balanced, objective." I'll allow you "probably the best on a health care blog," (as I wouldn't know, never having read any other 'health care blogs' on Jh's death) but it's, sadly, actually extremely ill-informed as to the particular circumstances that led to his death, and riddled with 'artistic' licence
    Last edited by stplsd; 03-12-12 at 03:14 PM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hmmm, I wonder where the "nudging till Monika brought 50" came from....those details are all hear say....we will never know what exactly happened back at the Samarkand in those early hours of the 18th but we do know the eventual sad outcome...
    " Coz i'm a million miles away, and at the same time, i'm right here, in your picture frame "

Thanks

It seems.. I say strictly IMO.. Im not accusing- that CG simply published his version and evidence, on Hendrix's death to validate the version in Electric Gypsy so that people will continue to buy the book. I wish the truth could be known about Jimi's death- but we are never, ever going to really know. Personaly I don't really care about the arguements about the different theories of Jimi tragic demise-he's still dead isnt he? What is the coverage like of the JHE last tour of Europe? I may just get the CG booklet for that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pali Gap View Post
    It seems.. I say strictly IMO.. Im not accusing- that CG simply published his version and evidence, on Hendrix's death to validate the version in Electric Gypsy so that people will continue to buy the book.
    You would need to read it, it's far bigger than that.
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-10-12 at 06:15 AM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

It seems.. I say strictly IMO.. Im not accusing- that CG simply published his version and evidence, on Hendrix's death to validate the version in Electric Gypsy so that people will continue to buy the book. I wish the truth could be known about Jimi's death- but we are never, ever going to really know. Personaly I don't really care about the arguements about the different theories of Jimi tragic demise-he's still dead isnt he? What is the coverage like of the JHE last tour of Europe? I may just get the CG booklet for that.
    KD: Bingo ! Did anyone really expect the results of this new "investigation" to differ from the version originally spelled out in EG ? Not me. That's why I didn't buy it. Same old result - everything Monica said was true. The end.

Thanks

Everybody go to univibes and read in clear and complete detail what really happened to jimi Hendrix ..... There is no proof of murder or any of these theories of how jimi died ...... It's sad to say but I have finally come to the realization jimi died because of only one person jimi he took the nine pills and only he took the nine pills what ever happened after that is just bullshit utter bullshit .....it's a sad day for me it took a long time for me to realize this but I do now my mind will never be changed again .... Please go read what's on the univibes web site about jimi it's all there flon brother

Thanks

Sorry but Monica Danneman has changed her testimony so many times i find it hard to believe a word she says at one point blaming the ambulance drivers with negligence and killing Jimi. And these, so called new testamonies of the ambulance men retracting their previous statements and totaly contradicting everything they said previously!...Im highly dubious. Without proof is just he said, she said stuff. The original re-investigation was a legal process where the inquest was re-opened. And it purpose was to investigate the treatment given by the ambulance men... not blame Monica. But I concur I dont think it was Jefferies plotted to murder him either, and it was just an accidental o/d. It's very wierd that by 11am supposedly alive, he still had undigested unbroken down food eaten from 2.30am in the morning.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    KD: That's why I didn't buy it.
    Ah, but did you read a copy? No? Well then. . .

Thanks

the ambulance men retracting their previous statements and totaly contradicting everything they said previously
    You can't criticise something you haven't read!

The only evidence for much of what "they said" initially, was Kathy and her "pal" Mitch's wife, who she later accuses of being an inveterate liar!

I have several valid criticisms of Caesars excellent book, based on factual medical information that I have found elsewhere and realising he has glossed over some aspects to suit his obvious "agenda", ie attempting to quash the psycho accusations that Monika was to blame for his death - a pointless exercise as these people will never be interested in the true, mundane, everyday story. They must have someone to BLAME, (he could do no wrong, he wanted to blah-blah-blah in the future, therefore. . .) And what I further know (having read the book). But these criticisms being 'corrected' sadly will lead to former "moral" judgements made by self righteous 'fans', feeling vindicted in their 'moral outrage' at the 'unfair' death of their 'star' ie Monika should have had a faster response to her boyfriend's self inflicted O.D. and was therefore culpable - ie total bollocks - Jimi was not a wee boy, neither are you 'blame game' punters - grow up!
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-18-12 at 03:16 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    Ah, but did you read a copy? No? Well then. . .
    KD: Yes I did - I "borrowed" a copy and read it cover to cover. Saved my self $45 too !
    Same ending as EG - yawn.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to kdion11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    KD: Yes I did - I "borrowed" a copy and read it cover to cover. Saved my self $45 too !
    Same ending as EG - yawn.
    I wasn't suggesting you bought a copy f'fsake! Just that you obviously hadn't "read" it. I'm still of the same opinion due to your total non-engagement with the main points, or indeed anything! You should have paid closer attention, it's brimming with hitherto unheard info and highlights the blatantly falsified testimony, but then that probably doesn't suit your "blame the woman, Jimi was really happy and on form as a great 'entertainer' til the end, but underneath was really just a wee, stupid, innocent boy/she was an evil scheming witch who wanted him dead" agenda - based on nothing apart from trashy rock mags and your "feelings"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 659 Posts

Of all people writing on the case, Glebbeek was clearly the closest to Danneman. How close, we don't know, but the results are correspondingly different from the other writers.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ezy Rider For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    I wasn't suggesting you bought a copy f'fsake! Just that you obviously hadn't "read" it. I'm still of the same opinion due to your total non-engagement with the main points, or indeed anything! You should have paid closer attention, it's brimming with hitherto unheard info and highlights the blatantly falsified testimony, but then that probably doesn't suit your "blame the woman, Jimi was really happy and on form as a great 'entertainer' til the end, but underneath was really just a wee, stupid, innocent boy/she was an evil scheming witch who wanted him dead" agenda - based on nothing apart from trashy rock mags and your "feelings"
    KD: Why are you getting so upset, and how can you even suggest I hadn't read it ? Of course I read it, and of course I noticed inconsistencies from some of the witness statements. THERE'S BEEN NOTHING BUT INCONSISTENCIES FROM THE WITNESS STATEMENTS ever since Jimi died ! - Every witness, from Monica to the ambulance drivers to the doctors to Eric Burdon. So UWMA shows more witness statement inconsistencies, whoooopppptttyyy doo !

So what exactly is your point ? My point is that fundamentally there is nothing different in the ending and overall conclusions to UWMA to the ending of EG. Monica told the truth, and that's it. The end.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to kdion11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

sadly,we will never know exactly what happened that morning...so we should all move on and celebrate his gift to us...He still burns bright
    " Coz i'm a million miles away, and at the same time, i'm right here, in your picture frame "

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cherokee Mist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Mist View Post
    sadly,we will never know exactly what happened that morning
    It's clear, he took a, not neccessarily fatal, overdose of Vesparax. Monika woke 'early' considering she had taken at least one Vesparax (probably quite 'stoned' - a noted side effect of Vesparax) and at some point, after going out for cigs, noticed he had been sick and she couldn't wake him, she, stupidly (harsh judge)/ stoned/ignorant? (probably?), delayed by phoning a friend for advice, (dick-head Burdon then got on the phone (but what was he to know, being a total dick-head?), more than likely, according to his own testimony, delayed her phoning the ambulance by a few crucial moments) but then after a very few minutes she phoned an ambulance, it arrived when she was there, when he was still alive, she was in the ambulance that took Jimi to the hospital, but due to her stoned/unaware? dithering [so what? what was she to know, he took the tablets, it was just chance that she didn't just sleep through his entire death, but unfortunately for her she woke up early and wasn't a logical, self righteous, trained paramedic!], his severe choking on his vomit (a noted result of Vesparax overdose) and the apparently, tragically inept performance of the ambulance crew, obviously due to poor training; his heart probably stopped either very close to arrival at the hospital casualty, or had just stopped beating on arrival and they thought they could save him, but either way they never managed to resuscitate him.

They all just did what people did at the time/this time/any time, unfortunately it wasn't enough. But then he, JIMI had taken the overdose. GET OFF YOUR [IM]MORAL HIGH HORSE BLAME CRAP - people die, you are not immortal because you are famous
    Nothing has changed people still die from overdoses of prescribed medication.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Mist View Post
    ...so we should all move on and celebrate his gift to us...He still burns bright
    Eh, if you don't like this thread why are you contributing?

I prefer that those that want to continue casting blame brought up some clear evidence, or even logical argument to back up their accusations. Especially in answer to this excellent (though it has it's obvious flaws, none are too serious) collection of new evidence and logically demonstrated sequence of events. Previous efforts pale into insignificance, being evidentially severely flawed, blame tracts (using falsely/sloppily reported testimony/ evidence and blatant bollocks to support their pile of shite) aimed at either Monika (mostly) and/or Jeffery, or ridiculous plot fantasies.

This does not preclude us celebrating his gift to us...or question that he still burns bright.
    Last edited by stplsd; 05-24-12 at 07:58 AM.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

'Former Australian Greens leader Bob Brown has sought to clarify, once and for all, his role in the death of rock legend Jimi Hendrix in London in September 1970. He was then a resident doctor at St Mary Abbot's hospital when Hendrix's body was brought in, he told the National Press Club in Canberra yesterday. "He had been dead for some hours," Senator Brown said. "He'd had a bit too much to drink and whatever else and had inhaled vomitus." He said another Australian doctor signed the musician's death certificate while he went off to look after a patient who had fallen under a train but was still alive.'

Source: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226385575798

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Horizon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    '"He had been dead for some hours," Senator Brown said.
    Sorry to drag this one out but... I'm still a bit confused. Can anybody help and clarify and save me going through all these 18 pages of posts again.

As I understand it some people maintain Monica lied/changed her story.
    Others say her story has now been shown to be sound minus a few minor (and understandable under the circumstances) inconsistencies, by CG's book.

As this Bob Brown statement doesn't fit with Monika's story, don't we have to choose who to believe: Monika or Bob Brown? (I'm going with Bob.)

And was she in the ambulance or not? I understood that the policeman and ambulancemen stated she wasn't, so she lied. Has that been now confirmed that she was actually WAS in the ambulance and that it was the policeman and ambulancemen statements that were inaccurate?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    'Former Australian Greens leader Bob Brown has sought to clarify, once and for all, his role in the death of rock legend Jimi Hendrix in London in September 1970. He was then a resident doctor at St Mary Abbot's hospital when Hendrix's body was brought in, he told the National Press Club in Canberra yesterday. "He had been dead for some hours," Senator Brown said. "He'd had a bit too much to drink and whatever else and had inhaled vomitus." He said another Australian doctor signed the musician's death certificate while he went off to look after a patient who had fallen under a train but was still alive.'

Source: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226385575798

He hasn't "sought to clarify" anything, eg his, "and whatever else". He's made an ill thought out, off the cuff remark the only added detail being, "too much to drink". This is obviously based on the frequently quoted/or misquoted 'alcohol'/'masses of red wine' comments by the entirely discredited, struck-off ex-doctor Bannister, that he's apparently read/become aware of, since his earlier equally brief statement. He's foolishly added the detail "several hours" to his earlier more vague "sometime", which, I'm sure he would realise if he had considered it before uttering, is a preposterous claim. He obviously isn't that interested.

You can hear his brief comment here:

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/201...htm?site=perth

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticbumwipe View Post
    Sorry to drag this one out but... I'm still a bit confused. Can anybody help and clarify and save me going through all these 18 pages of posts again.

As I understand it some people maintain Monica lied/changed her story.
    Others say her story has now been shown to be sound minus a few minor (and understandable under the circumstances) inconsistencies, by CG's book.

As this Bob Brown statement doesn't fit with Monika's story, don't we have to choose who to believe: Monika or Bob Brown? (I'm going with Bob.)

And was she in the ambulance or not? I understood that the policeman and ambulancemen stated she wasn't, so she lied. Has that been now confirmed that she was actually WAS in the ambulance and that it was the policeman and ambulancemen statements that were inaccurate?
    You would need to read CG's book, or at least the posts concerning it before coming to any conclusion

Thanks

hmm...I merely put the comment as I feel that Jimi expired through his wreckless pill taking and certain circumstances went against him { ie being there with Monika or anyone else who may have delayed } so with what we know now, i feel there is no need to keep going over the same old info blah blah woof woof, on down the line. Someone just needed to put him in the recovery position and that would have helped.....but I cant be bothered to comment any further as clearly { to me } the subject in the future will reveal very little else 'fact' to make that fateful morning any clearer.
    ps STPLSD- I might have guessed you would be the one to jump on my comment