Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 522

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Just ordered it. I anxiously await it. I've gotten some insider tidbits and believe me there's stuff in there you want to hear if you're interested in this topic. I've also been in contact with some deep Hendrix sources of late and there's some really crazy stuff out there about what happened that night. Mind-bending stuff. I can tell you, you'll be shocked by the new info in this publication.

    Can't somebody hook-up Pali Gap with a copy? Seems post theft could be gotten around with a little help from some Hendrix friends.

    I wish Caesar had put a more appropriate photo of Jimi on the cover. It's a somber subject deserving of a shot where Jimi is in deep thought with a pained expression on his face while thinking of Jeffery's treachery.

    (Oh, by the way, the posters who offer substance and valid arguments vs those who gossip about posts is more than clear)

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    7,179
    Thanks
    2,864
    Thanked 1,986 Times in 851 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Drum View Post
    Just ordered it. I anxiously await it. I've gotten some insider tidbits and believe me there's stuff in there you want to hear if you're interested in this topic. I've also been in contact with some deep Hendrix sources of late and there's some really crazy stuff out there about what happened that night. Mind-bending stuff. I can tell you, you'll be shocked by the new info in this publication.

    Can't somebody hook-up Pali Gap with a copy? Seems post theft could be gotten around with a little help from some Hendrix friends.

    I wish Caesar had put a more appropriate photo of Jimi on the cover. It's a somber subject deserving of a shot where Jimi is in deep thought with a pained expression on his face while thinking of Jeffery's treachery.

    (Oh, by the way, the posters who offer substance and valid arguments vs those who gossip about posts is more than clear)
    Interesting comments from you Scrum ........................... I too "know" a little bit more than I am saying. I also know the "slant" on the future publication, but then again the rest of you do too, don't you?
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    108
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 36 Times in 17 Posts

    Wink Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Even if Jimi was personally assassinated by the m16 what's more speculation going to do? And speculation is all its going be, just another man's take. If this is definitive we would have reached a conclusion in the infamous conspiracy thread. we shall find out anyway, I am curious as to what the "smoking gun" will be.
    Last edited by guest; 08-06-11 at 04:51 PM.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    10,328
    Thanks
    3,407
    Thanked 4,773 Times in 2,030 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    I am curious as to what the "smoking gun" will be.
    The whole point is there is no "smoking gun"
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 757 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    Even if Jimi was personally assassinated by the m16 what's more speculation going to do?
    I don't think they found any bullets or casings from someone firing an M16.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,751
    Thanks
    1,728
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 651 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    or "they found four empty wine bottles next to the waste bin"

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 757 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by Yazid Manou View Post
    A4 publication 52 pages, 89 illustrations.
    So that be 26 'turnable' pages. Basically a 'pamphlet' w/89 illustrations? Must have minimal text, and all for 45 U.S.D.!

    no thanks, I'll wait for what's sure to be SD's most informative & detailed synopsis.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    oops, you're right, Brown it is. Had Roby on the mind as his was the most recent Hendrix book I read. And I have read Brown's Last Days, why do you ask?
    KD: Hey MS - great book, that's all. I was hanging around with Tony in London when it was released. Great memories.....

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    The whole point is there is no "smoking gun"
    KD: Bingo

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 757 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    KD: Hey MS - great book, that's all. I was hanging around with Tony in London when it was released. Great memories.....
    Glad to hear your encounters with Brown were positive. I did enjoy the read. Did you talk about his book? Although Brown/the book trys very hard to hold a neutral position, he/it really does come across, to me, that 'foul play' was involved, but written in a way to cause the reader to make his own conclusions. Where does he stand on Hendrix's death?
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  11. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Anyone who has read Brown can't deny he is pointing squarely towards murder but can't say it directly because of British libel laws and not wanting to burn his bridges. He's not remaining "neutral", he's playing his cards. I could show you with a page by page analysis. I'm afraid this matter cannot be resolved by means of one-line posts.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 757 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    From the post Jimi Hendrix - The Last Days (BBC Radio Documentary) :

    at 46:24

    Chandler's father : "Jimi's dead."
    Chandler : silent, stunned.
    Lotta (Chandler's wife): "Mike Jeffrey!"
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to MourningStar For This Useful Post:


  14. #33
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Most helpful Mourning Star. No explanation needed, is there...

  15. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Drum View Post
    Anyone who has read Brown can't deny he is pointing squarely towards murder but can't say it directly because of British libel laws and not wanting to burn his bridges. He's not remaining "neutral", he's playing his cards. I could show you with a page by page analysis. I'm afraid this matter cannot be resolved by means of one-line posts.
    KD: Yep ! Murder by Monica Dannemand not Mike Jeffery. I knew Tony quite well and he went over the entire timeline with me, both before and after his book was published.

  16. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Originally Posted by Scrum Drum
    Anyone who has read Brown can't deny he is pointing squarely towards murder but can't say it directly because of British libel laws and not wanting to burn his bridges. He's not remaining "neutral", he's playing his cards. I could show you with a page by page analysis. I'm afraid this matter cannot be resolved by means of one-line posts.

    Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    KD: Yep ! Murder by Monica Dannemand not Mike Jeffery. I knew Tony quite well and he went over the entire timeline with me, both before and after his book was published.
    KD: To clarify further - as in Monica slipped him the pills to knock him out and keep him in her apartment. The stalker in her
    could not bear to see him leave after their series of rows that day. Her little plan seriously misfired with Jimi OD'ing and dying on the pills and that as they say was that. How she slipped him the pills - in the wine, in some food, by telling him they weren't that strong (take a few more !) will probably never be known at this point.

  17. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    Glad to hear your encounters with Brown were positive. I did enjoy the read. Did you talk about his book? Although Brown/the book trys very hard to hold a neutral position, he/it really does come across, to me, that 'foul play' was involved, but written in a way to cause the reader to make his own conclusions. Where does he stand on Hendrix's death?
    KD: Hey MS - see my previous 2 posts. What I've been saying all along during these lengthy (hmmmmmmmm) discussions on this topic. Jimi was indeed murdered - by Monica - accidently. But murder is murder. As stated, absolutely no witnesses, evidence or facts to back up any sinister CIA, FBI, MI6, Intel Waterboarding Hit Squads I'm afraid. Monica on her lonesome is all this ever was or will be.

  18. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 757 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    KD: Hey MS - see my previous 2 posts. What I've been saying all along during these lengthy (hmmmmmmmm) discussions on this topic. Jimi was indeed murdered - by Monica - accidently. But murder is murder. As stated, absolutely no witnesses, evidence or facts to back up any sinister CIA, FBI, MI6, Intel Waterboarding Hit Squads I'm afraid. Monica on her lonesome is all this ever was or will be.
    does Brown share your position?
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  19. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 757 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Drum View Post
    Most helpful Mourning Star. No explanation needed, is there...
    none whatsoever.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  20. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    does Brown share your position?
    KD: Otheway around MS. Again, Tony's the one that did the research and wrote the book. He told
    me of his viewpoint and opinions on Jimi's death before and after the book was published. He was obviously
    a very informed source and much to the chagrin of conspiracy theorists here and elsewhere,
    myself and many others tend to agree with him.

  21. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,772
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 757 Posts

    Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

    Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    KD: Otheway around MS. Again, Tony's the one that did the research and wrote the book. He told
    me of his viewpoint and opinions on Jimi's death before and after the book was published. He was obviously
    a very informed source and much to the chagrin of conspiracy theorists here and elsewhere,
    myself and many others tend to agree with him.
    Cool - and yes, after re-contemplating my read of Brown's book, those final and post-mortem moments does center mostly on Dannemann. Now, as to no shred of evidence pointing to government & associated network complicity ...

    ... heh heh, well I certainly would be surprised if any did surface. JFK has his Oswald, Oswald had his Ruby, Malcom Little had his Hagan-Butler-Johnson, RFK had his Sirhan, King had his Ray, etc. ... and Hendrix has his Dannemann. (let's see if Glebbeek is on board)

    moving on,
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to MourningStar For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-26-11, 02:14 AM
  2. "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"
    By RobbieRadio in forum Third Stone From The Sun
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-23-11, 07:17 AM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-30-10, 02:41 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-07-10, 04:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBitty (VBTT) 4 for XBT v1.1 CUSTOM by Toolmanwill