Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,060 Posts

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticbumwipe View Post
    The initial accounts originate from interviews conducted by Kathy Etchingham and Dee Mitchell who in 1991 tracked the ambulance attendants down. They were FIRST published in Straight Ahead #43, October 1992 in an article written by Michael Fairchild.
    He also included in his article the first published interview with Dr. Martin Siefert and also included "new" testimony from Police Officer Ian Smith, who was present at the death scene.
    So Q2. how does that fit with your writing: "original quotations by these people were, apparently, not recorded and were reported by a woman who Etchingham says was a proven liar in her book."
    Fairchild says that during 1991-92, Kathy Etchingham (with the help of Dee Mitchell) "...compiled a lot of new information about the death of Hendrix and submitted her files to England's Attorney General's office." Is some of that what you are referring to as vague "unrecorded' accounts "reported by ...a liar"?
    That was in 1993 So I do find it difficult to believe that the accounts of the ambulancemen and policeman as published in books such as Tony Brown's 1992 book 'Jimi Hendrix a Visual Documentary' are "mis-quoted... to discredit Monika before her upcoming court case..." as you suggest. (I assume you mean Monika's and Etchinghams court case of 1996?)
    Because these alleged misquoted interviews with these guys were published four years before that.
    The "transcript" of the interviews were published in Straight Ahead September 1992. Kathy's first libel action against Monika followed very closely in November 1992.

Here's an example of "quotations/misquotations" (if you'd bothered think about what I actually wrote and looked up the various transcripts of what it is claimed they said):
    [Date?] 1992
    UK
    JIMI HENDRIX: A VISUAL DOCUMENTARY by Tony Brown
    He quotes all the Straight Ahead interviews but there are some differences:
    Differences and additions in Ian Smith's statement
    in red older in italics: They had to take some of the bedding from around him. He was dressed but there was a lot of mess, so they just [and] wrapped it around his body [as there was a lot of mess. There was really nothing they could do for him. I watched them put him in the ambulance] and took him [go] off. There was really nothing they could do for him. We followed them up the stairs. I watched them put him in the ambulance and take off.
    [The Q&A section is here presented as a statement]:
    We closed up the flat as there was no one about
    [A: we just shut the door after they left to close up the flat.]
    We went back later. She (Monika) said they had an argument and he’d stormed off to cool down. When he came back, he took some sleeping tablets. Then she went out, and when she came back, he’d been sick and (she) couldn’t wake him. We really answered a lot of calls like that in those days.
    [A. We really answered a lot of calls like that in those days.]

It really was just another call, I didn’t even know he was Jimi Hendrix.
    [A: I hadn’t a clue who he was.]
    If she’d been in the flat, they would never have called us to come, because they just could have taken him as normal. But because no-one was there, he was dead and circumstances were a little odd, suspicious they radioed their control to get us in.”
    [A: If she’d been in the flat they would have never called us to come in. They could have just taken him off, but in the circumstances, you know - just the body. Well they radioed their control to get us in. Also he would have been identified - nobody knew who he was.]
    [no mention of wine]

According to CG Tony had a penchant for taping phone calls, maybe something will turn up? I wouldn't hold my breath though Neither Dee nor Kathy has mentioned the interviews being taped or of Tony being there. (apparently the only ones to hear the conversations were Dee and Kathy? Kathy says Reg Jones was interviewed by Dee and her in "a pub in Holland Park". John Suau was interviewd by Dee by telephone while she "listened in" on the extension and "the policeman" [ie Ian Smith] at his pub in Aylesbury. The only conversation she says she taped was one of Burdon [without Dee])

It was Dee who found, contacted and interviewed the ambulance men, policeman and coroner and wrote up her "10-15 pages of research". Kathy appears to have been more or less a bystander apart from her interview of Burdon, which she claims she taped.
    Dee claims the writer/s of the Straight Ahead article "tried to bias the outcome" using bits of her interviews without her knowledge or permission. She says she spoke with Suau three times and that when she asked about Monika he said she was there, the other times she didn't ask abut Monika at all, "only about the treatment and state of Jimi"
    Last edited by stplsd; 06-11-12 at 01:43 PM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

STPLSD- "Many crucial documents and written/taped sources have yet to be seen/heard by anyone outside the "loop".

Such as?

What Loop of whom do you refer?
    " Coz i'm a million miles away, and at the same time, i'm right here, in your picture frame "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Mist View Post
    STPLSD- "Many crucial documents and written/taped sources have yet to be seen/heard by anyone outside the "loop". Such as?

You just have to look at anything written on Hendrix and you will find numerous references to items not in the public domain, or otherwise accessible, (or even seen by anyone else apart from the person claiming eg kathy Etchingham)

What Loop of whom do you refer?
    The people that have them/copies of them?
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,154 Times in 659 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    You just have to look at anything written on Hendrix and you will find numerous references to items not in the public domain, or otherwise accessible, (or even seen by anyone else apart from the person claiming eg kathy Etchingham)
    such as the, assumed, report "superintendent Dennis Care" made on the case for Al Hendrix, as mentioned in Rupe's clipping?

http://www.crosstowntorrents.org/sho...thy-amp-Monika

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

Has anyone questioned the butler?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ezy Rider View Post
    such as the, assumed, report "superintendent Dennis Care" made on the case for Al Hendrix, as mentioned in Rupe's clipping?

http://www.crosstowntorrents.org/sho...thy-amp-Monika

Care has given at least one interview to a newspaper on his findings, quoted by CG

Thanks

Care has given at least one interview to a newspaper on his findings, quoted by CG
    which newspaper? online?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ezy Rider View Post
    which newspaper? online?
    CG quotes the reporter John Leonard, but trying to decipher which publication this is from is anyone's guess, due to CG's un-typically unassociated mess of sources at the end of the book

He really needs to clear this mess up (as do all other writers on JH, esp those that even bother to list sources!) CG seems to have thought reducing his sources to the usual rubbish "Jimi writers" unattributable "style" wouldn't be remarked upon, as no one has pulled any of these other total waffling chancers before?

But then we expect more of CG

Thanks

I have my doubts about Kathy Etch, I mean , it all seems like sour grapes the whole thing with her and Monika....everyone wanted a piece of Jimi and claimed to be closer to him than the next person. Granted that she { KE } lived with him and seemed to be the longest relationship he had, but Jimi did like his women and Linda Keith left a lasting impression aswell due to his "Send my love to Linda" song and other references to LK in Red House {IOW} etc.....

My close friend met and interviewed Monika and he said she was CLEARLY a very sensitive, timid type person who he doubted would even hurt a fly...I can understand how freaked out she must have been to have a global rock star { biggest on the planet probably at that time } dying in her bed.... after the interview came out, some of Jimi's inner circle turned on my friend and he even had death threats....all because he wanted to get to Black Beauty to do a piece on it... Its shameful that people could be that nasty to him and this clearly affected my friend for many years afterwards, even {as an amazing guitarist himself} stopping him listening to Jimi for years...until I came along and re-ignited some of his lost passion for the great man.

Therefore, I often doubt the motives behind some of Jimi's so-called close friends....those that are still alive anyway.
    " Coz i'm a million miles away, and at the same time, i'm right here, in your picture frame "

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cherokee Mist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

CG quotes the reporter John Leonard, but trying to decipher which publication this is from is anyone's guess, due to CG's un-typically unassociated mess of sources at the end of the book
    I searched the web for this Dennis Care, but yielded nothing. The full report I guess should be with Al Hendrix/EH or he may even have tossed it afterwards. Perhaps a copy should be at Care's bureau, but I don't think there is any chance they would show it to outsiders or publish it. If it contains transcriptions of the interviews with all the main persons involved, that would be interesting!

If Caesar gives no source, the only lead to Care is the 1993 Daily Mail reporter Luke Harding in Rupe's clipping. On Luke Harding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Harding
    http://www.uwc.org/our_impact/alumni...e_harding.aspx
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/profile/lukeharding

Thanks

...ask yourself questions about what might be the motives behind the various statements, which you have shown yourself not to have done. That is, if you really want to come to a reasoned conclusion. Of course you're entitled to just look at the varying statements and just give up, "Oh, it's just too complicated."
    Its not about anything being too complicated to understand, (more arrogance?)
    Its about everyone's ability to correctly and definitively understand an occurence which has to rely on conflicting anecdotal eye-witness accounts that not only contradict each other at times but which even on occassion includes contradictory statements from the same individual eyewitnesses.

Any reasonable person will conclude that we therefore CANNOT KNOW WITH ANY CERTAINTY.
    Not because of the degree of complexity but because of the unreliablity of the anecdotal evidence.

Thanks

Dee says she spoke with Suau three times and that when she asked about Monika he said she was there, the other times she didn't ask abut Monika at all, "only about the treatment and state of Jimi"
    Dee Mitchell [Dolores Ann Cullen] wrote the following to Monika Dannemann in late 1995:
    “I spoke to ambulanceman John Suau three times... I wish I could sum it all up for you easily, but the problem is he said different things all three times... The very first time I spoke to him [in 1991], he said no one else was in the flat but the ‘little girl.’ And when I asked ‘who, if anyone, had come in the ambulance with Jimi,’ he said ‘I think the little girl did, the little blond girl.’ ‘Yes,’ he remembered, ‘she rode in the back of the ambulance.’ By little, he meant petitite, not young child. But I really don’t know about the other times I spoke to him, because I did not ask him about you, only about the treatment and state of Jimi. I understand he [Suau] now will not speak to anyone about it... .”

See that? "the problem is he said different things all three times... "

Thanks

Its not about anything being too complicated to understand, (more arrogance?)
    Its about everyone's ability to correctly and definitively understand an occurence which hasto rely on conflicting anecdotal eye-witness accounts that not only contradict each other at times but which even on occassion includes contradictory statements from the same individual eyewitnesses.

Any reasonable person will conclude that we therefore CANNOT KNOW WITH ANY CERTAINTY.
    Not because of the degree of complexity but because of the unreliablity of the anecdotal evidence.
    Any reasonable person that has read and understood the evidence will conclude that the evidence is now clear: He took an overdose of Vesparax, Dannemann woke up early went out for cigs, which took a few minutes, came back, noticed he'd been sick and couldn't wake him, she dithered by a few minutes making two brief phone calls, before phoning the ambulance, it arrived promptly, he was found still alive and taken to the hospital, his heart stopped beating just as they arrived at casualty, or very shortly after arrival, the doctors didn't manage to revive him.

It's not "anecdotal" that he was alive when he arrived at the hospital, or that he choked to death due to a barbiturate overdose. Apart from the ambulance men/department and Banner tryng to cover their arses after being accused by Dannemann (how more obvious could it be), they're not going to bring an obvious stiff in for treatment. I don't see any genuinely conflicting evidence, they (except Bannister, but he talked so much shite anyway, Jimi was dead and alive in the same letter!) later changed their story.

What is obvious rubbish is that he was dead before they picked him up.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The evidence is clear,...
    What's your problem?
    No real problem. Just that the evidence is actually NOT clear and that there are conflicting accounts about some of that. See previous posts detailing this if you really want to engage in a reasonable respectful discussion about it...(Ho-hum).

Thanks

No real problem. Just that the evidence is actually NOT clear and that there are conflicting accounts about some of that. See previous posts detailing this if you really want to engage in a reasonable respectful discussion about it...(Ho-hum).

See above, added a bit.
    As usual check your own posts before accusing people (Ho hum). I'm not the one that stooped to name calling, misquoting, failing to respond to my pointing out your error etc.

You have as yet neglected to give an alternate scenario, that you feel your "conflicting" evidence could as clearly point to.

Thanks

Granted that she { KE } lived with him and seemed to be the longest relationship he had
    She hardly saw him after went back to the States in early 1968, he only spent 28 days in the UK that year.
    Apart what appears an attempted "reconcilliation" in January/February 1969 (12 days during which he had a tryst with Dannemann), it looks like they didn't keep in touch much, if at all, after her brief visit to New York in 1969 and her subsequent marriage to Ray Mayo. That is if she actually went to NY (looks to me like she did and it was pretty "messy")?
    Devon appears to have had at least as long a relationship and quite likely spent much more time with him

Thanks

Just for the record , I'm not saying that "conflicting" evidence clearly points to any particular "alternate scenario".

On the contrary, I'm saying that the "conflicting" accounts obviously points to NO definitive and clear scenario. (Sheesh!)

Another poster here has made a good comparison at another place online of some of the contradictions. I don't agree with his conclusions, but his comparison of the accounts appears quite thorough.
    For example Caesar Glebbeck wrote that he found a neighbour of Philip Harvey who he refers to as 'Eliza'. This
    Eliza claims that Monika blocked her driveway when she and Jimi parked at Harvey's and so she knocked on Harvey's door to to ask them to move and that Jimi and Monika came out and drove away at 7:30. Caesar claims this proves Monika's 8.00 pm return time to the Samarkand and disproves Harvey's account. But I think it merely shows that there are conflicting accounts. Did Monika move the car and park elsewhere or did they leave? How certain was Eliza that her memory was accurate? (we don't know). Did Glebbeck ask her about the time unconsciously in a leading way or did Eliza volunteer that info unsolicted? Who here knows? I would imagine no-one does for sure.

Penny Ravenhill, one of the girls at the party, was quoted as saying she remembers it was dark - and had been dark for a while - when Jimi and Monika left.
    At 7:30 on a night like September 17th it would presumably still have been twilight in London so would NOT have been "dark for a while". But whose memory is likely to be most accurate about the time? Monika's in 1970 or
    Ravenhill's and Harvey's some two or three decades after the event? Who knows? I would imagine no-one does for sure.

Here are some more contradictions with Monika's account of events that night/morning.
    Monika's account said that the night before Jimi's death she and Jimi sat talking at the Samarkand until Jimi couldn't put off going to the Cameron party any longer. She says she then dropped Jimi off at Cameron's at around 2.00 am with the instructions to return in a half-hour to pick him up. She claims Jimi only went to the party to tell Devon Wilson to lay-off Monika.

Jimi's friends at the Cameron party told a different story. They said Jimi arrived before midnight and stayed until 3.00 am. Their version of events is that Jimi's fashion store owner friend Collette ordered Chinese take-out because Jimi was hungry. Researchers say this time frame is backed-up by the fact Chinese take-outs were not open late at night in London in 1970. The rice in this meal is important because it was found in Jimi's stomach during the autopsy and relates directly to the forensically-determined time of death.

Witnesses said Monika showed up sometime around 2.00 am and started buzzing the intercom trying to get Jimi out of the party. They said Jimi declined. This caused Monika to continue buzzing. Soon the guests were out on the balcony telling Monika to "fuck-off, Jimi doesn't want you here".
    Some participants later expressed guilt over the way Monika was treated.

These accounts (plural) state that eventually Jimi left with Monika near 3.00 am.
    David Henderson interviewed guests who said Jimi asked Devon to leave with him at this time.
    But Monika said that Jimi went to the party to get rid of Devon in order to protect Monika.
    Whereas if Jimi had tried to leave bringing
    along Devon WITH him this adds another contradictory dimension to what really happened. These 'witnesses' claim that Devon declined because she was 'too high'. This tends to conflict with the version of events which claim that Devon was trying to break-up Jimi's relationship with Monika. If Devon was, why would she turn down an opportunity like that?
    We'll never know whether Jimi did try to bring Devon along and if so why.
    If he did try, it perhaps it was to protect himself from Monika?
    Who knows? I would say that no-one does and if people they think they do and that everything is "certain" then they are deluding themselves..
    Did Monika and Jimi have a big row at Philip Harvey's? Was it outside after Monika had moved the car? Did she want to leave and he want to stay?
    Did they go back to the Samarkand at 8.00 p.m for a few hours or did Jimi get her to take him to the party almost immediately after Harvey's place?? After that
    Cameron party, did Jimi try to bring back Devon for a threesome perhaps to show Monika how their relationship was going to be? Did he do that AFTER they had had the row at Harvey's and because she had been bugging him to leave from the Cameron party? Who knows?
    I would say that no-one does.

The Samarkand death scenario story as told by Monika: her story describes Jimi and her returning to the Hotel and talking in bed with Jimi lecturing her on his personal philosophy and cosmic symbolism. She claims she fell asleep while he was talking with her head resting on Jimi's chest around 7.00 am.

She then says she awoke around 11.00 am and found Jimi OK and so went out for cigarettes. When she came back she said she noticed a small trickle of vomit on Jimi's chin and couldn't wake him. She then says she phoned Jimi's friends telling of how she tried to get Jimi's personal doctor and ended up talking to Eric Burdon. She then says she went in the ambulance with Jimi around 11:30am and he was still alive. Later they pronounced him dead at the Hospital.

Was it just a "small trickle"? Would just that (and not being able to wake him) require calling a doctor?
    If she had seen the nine tablets were missing and she knew how strong they were, wouldn't she have phoned for an ambulancemen immediately and not wasted time ringing around Jimi's friends for his personal doctor's number?
    Did she give him the nine tablets as the Bild reporter claimed she had said? did she perhaps do that because she was angry with him and so neglected to tell him that this was a dangerous amount? Did the row and abuse at the cameron party leave a resentment that caused her to not do anything immediately which she later regretted and became in denial about?
    Wjho knows. I think that no-one does now.

The research by many people, including Dee Mitchell and Kathy Etchingham, shows that Monika's whole version of Jimi's last night and Jimi's final morning is contradicted by the accounts of others.
    E.g.1 the
    Phillip Harvey flat episode.
    E.g. 2 Eric Burdon wrote in his book '
    I Used To Be An Animal But I'm OK Now' that the calls from Monika to him were made "just as the first light of dawn was coming through my window". Doyle says he checked the London almanac which showed this would be near 5:40am.
    Burdon later added "that it may have been even earlier than that. In the early hours of the morning".

Burdon also says that when he arrived at the Samarkand he saw on Monika's car that Jimi had written 'love' in the condensation of the car's window. Would condensation from the previous evening/early morning still been there by nearly midday (11.00 to 11.30 or later) the following day? Its doubtful isn't it?

So... Just take this small detail.
    Did Monika phone Burdon around 11.00 am or
    around 5.00. a,m?
    Who do we believe?
    Burdon or Danneman?
    Whichever, its merely a choice between two conflicting accounts, isn't it?
    Which one we choose will be a personal preference.
    At best, a choice of whichever is considered to have the higher PROBABILITY.
    But it will NOT be a statement of undeniable fact.
    And if anyone thinks that it is, then I think they are deluding themselves.

In Dannemann’s ”Afterword” section in her book The Inner World Of Jimi Hendrix this final chapter states:

”Given the way Jimi died, I felt something must have gone terribly wrong, but I couldn’t put my finger on what it was. Soon afterwards I received a phone call. A man told me to keep quiet about everything concerning Jimi’s death, or else something nasty could happen to me. I have no idea who it was or why I got this call, but at that time only a few people knew where I was staying. ”
    - Page 176.

In this 'Afterword' section Monika reppeatedly emphasized that the police and investigators told her to keep quiet and not speak about the death. Another thing Monika emphasizes many times in this section is how the newspapers mis-reported the facts of Jimi's death inaccurately saying he was at an orgy the night before and had died of a heroin overdose. She says she tried to correct the record by holding press conferences and going to newspapers to give the 'real' account and that each and every time her efforts were frustrated and stopped. Monika claims she gave an interview to the German magazine Stern that was never printed. She uses this to show that the information she was trying to provide was censored by 'higher powers'.

The media was smearing Jimi. Presumably partly in order to sell newspapers with sensationalised accounts, but almost certainly also to promote a negative view of him and his lifestyle in order to influence popular opinion against what was seen as the decadent immorality and danger of the sixties youth counter culture represented by Jimi and its other 'icons'/role models.

Concerning
    Eric Burdon,she says that he took her along with him to a concert in the northern town of Newcastle - his and Jeffery's hometown. On the way in Burdon's reserved rail carriage Monika says she asked him for an aspirin but later realized he had given her a tablet of LSD, (not a nice or mature thing to do under the circumstances).

Monika said that she had no money and it wasn't until a German reporter for the tabloid Bild came to her rescue that her Samarkand hotel bill was paid. She then gave an interview to that reporter, in the cab as she left the hotel, where he claimed that she told him: "I gave Jimi the pills".
    This article was published and contained a photo of Monika and Jimi that some have claimed only Monika could could have provided.
    Monika later denied she gave this interview.

On page 178 Monika drew suspicion to an unidentified compound found in Jimi's body. She blames the British system for allowing a post-mortem several days after the death when traces would have been lost. Monika then theorizes that the reason all her press conferences were strangely cancelled, and the Inquest made no effort to find the real cause of Jimi's death, and the papers continued to smear him, was because Mike Jeffery was somehow controlling this and trying to prevent people from asking where Jimi's money went. On Page 180 she wrote:
    "While I was in New York I spoke to various people Jimi knew and found out that they believed Jimi had been murdered by Mike Jeffery. In their opinion Jimi was worth more to Jeffery dead than alive. As I said earlier, the day before his death Jimi had instructed his lawyer to terminate his management contract with Jeffery. Jeffery and Warner Brothers, the record company, each held a one million dollar life insurance policy on Jimi. Some of Jimi's friends believed he had come too close to finding out where all his money had disappeared. They said it was in Jeffery's interest to silence Jimi, who had made up his mind to leave him and who would have spoken out against him publicly.
    These people, some of whom had been close to Jimi, were genuinely frightened of Jeffery. They told me that he had bought the silence of people with money or threats, while others had gone into hiding. "
    Monika details a "visit on impulse" to Jeffery's office at Electric Lady Studios in New York. She claimed Jeffery tried to enlist her by offering to make posters out of her photographs of Jimi and also promote her paintings. She then says she changed hotels to avoid Jeffery but then strangely mentions she invited Jeffery to the new hotel the next day. She claims on this occassion she confronted Jeffery on trying to buy-off people to prevent how Jimi really died being revealed. She said Jeffery answered this by offering her money and a lucrative contract. She then says she left New York to go visit Jimi's family in Seattle. This was all in February 1971.

Page 182:
    " ...a couple of other people who knew Jeffery and had seen what had been going on while Jimi was in New York, told me that they believed Jimi had been murdered. There were a couple of reasons for such a suspicion - one being that he had intended leaving Jeffery, the other that he was on the track of his manager's misappropriation of his money. I myself feel that there is a slight possibility Jimi was murdered, especially when I remember the unidentified compound found in his body, and Jeffery's past and the people he associated with.
    At the same time I was told that there were certain groups and organizations like the FBI that must have considered Jimi a threat to society because of his potential for strong influence over the younger generation. "

March 1971 back in Germany at her father's:
    "One day I received a call from an associate of Jeffery's, who warned me to remain silent, or something might happen to me." - Page 184

Monika then returns to Notting Hill, London in July 1971 in order to finish her manuscript:
    "In both September and October someone broke into my flat. None of the windows was broken: it was as if someone had used a second key. Although no jewellery or money was stolen, the place had been searched in a really professional way. Nothing was in disarray, but the position of some items had been slightly altered......Obviously Jeffery had been curious about what I had been writing."

"Soon afterwards I received a call from Jeffery himself. He told me that he had heard I was writing a book and that it would be healthier for me to forget about the idea, or something nasty could happen to me. I told him no one could stop me and hung up. A month later the manager (who does not want to be named) of a famous English rock band warned me that he had heard through the grapevine that my life was in danger.
    ...A couple of months later Devon Wilson died in New York, allegedly from a drug overdose. Some people said it looked like a violent death and believed she was murdered.
    Looking for a way out, I finally had an idea. I rang Jeffery and told him I had deposited my manuscript with a lawyer whom I had instructed to publish it in the event of my death. After that I never heard from him again.
    A few months later I had a meeting with an English businessman, who stole my manuscript. Only later did I find out that he had close connections with Jimi's manager."

Concerning the reinvestigation of 1992-93, Monika quotes ex-police superintendent Dennis Care as saying Hendrix's death was too long ago for anyone to remember.
    She published Inner World in 1995.
    In it, she it was who first contradicted Doctor Bannister's statement that Jimi had been dead for many hours before he arrived at hospital by saying that Hendrix displayed no signs of rigor mortis.

"According to the woman's report [Kathy Etchingham's], a pathologist hired by her had discovered, after checking the documents concerning the contents of Jimi's stomach, that he might have died five hours earlier than stated on the death certificate. However, when Scotland Yard had completed the reinvestigation, they explained to me that this pathologist's findings were inaccurate, as he had used an antiquated method and didn't have all the details. Scotland Yard's own pathologist also rechecked the findings of the pathologist who had also carried out the original examination in 1970, and came to the conclusion that Jimi died at the same time as was first stated. Another eminent pathologist in England concluded likewise. " -Page 189

On page 189 Monika also tells how it was Jimi's father Al Hendrix who hired ex Scotland Yard Superintendent Dennis Care to carry-out his own investigation with Al's authorization. She says Al wanted to put all the speculation and rumours about how Jimi died to rest once and for all. After talking to all the key witnesses Dennis Care came to the same conclusion as Scotland Yard.

Now looking at all of those contradictions and speculations I challenge anyone to say that everything is clear and uncomplicated.

Was Monika's account accurate in all particulars?
    Was Burdon's.
    Is John Sau's? (Which one)? Etc., etc.

I personally don't believe (with the evidence given at the moment ;-) that Jimi was murdered or died due to anyone's criminal neglect.
    But... I do suspect that Monika had a guilty conscience about something and that her account is leaving something out to avoid dealing with that. My hunch is that it has to do with the argument and Jimi's treatment of her after proposing marriage to her: i.e a big divide between their expectations of that engagement of marriage.
    Regarding the contradictions between the doctors, and ambulancemen's accounts and the reporting of them , its a mystery. Perhaps its to do with some negligence on their part. Possibly because of memory issues. Who knows? I suggest that no-one does, nor ever will.

It seems likely that
    Jimi did choke on his own puke after taking a way too strong dosage of barbiturates due to unfamiliarity with the brand. But when exactly?
    And... Does any of this really matter?
    Perhaps it does ONLY if certain people arrogantly peddle the line that their understanding of the events is crystal clear and their understanding allows no room for speculation or contradiction nor even an acknowledgemnt of the obvious contradictions.

__________________________________________________ ____

With credit to Albert Doyle for his quotes and account comparisons:
    https://deeppoliticsforum.com/forums...rience-!/page8
    Last edited by Mysticbumwipe; 06-15-12 at 08:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

Steve Roby has updated his blog with a Stella Douglas interview that touches upon these events.

http://steveroby.wordpress.com/2012/...y-steven-roby/

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dino77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    Steve Roby has updated his blog with a Stella Douglas interview that touches upon these events.

http://steveroby.wordpress.com/2012/...y-steven-roby/
    Thanks but... (I've read it before). Regarding MDannemann it's in-your-face just more, "ooh, scratch her eyes out" bitching.

Thanks

Just for the record ,

e8
    Looks like you're flogging a dead horse mate
    It's all been covered, try reading the stuff you've missed

Alternative scenario that is anywhere?

Still waiting