Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

In relation to Eric Burdon.....I would not believe a word he says...If he was so concerned for his friend, then why tell monika to " call a F!!!in ambulance then "..why didn't he do it?? seems to me that Eric would like to be seen as more involved than he was and I doubt he even went to the Samarkand that morning. Just my opinion but it is my gut feeling about him.
    " Coz i'm a million miles away, and at the same time, i'm right here, in your picture frame "

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Mist View Post
    In relation to Eric Burdon.....I would not believe a word he says...If he was so concerned for his friend, then why tell monika to " call a F!!!in ambulance then "..why didn't he do it?? seems to me that Eric would like to be seen as more involved than he was and I doubt he even went to the Samarkand that morning. Just my opinion but it is my gut feeling about him.
    Burdon credibility is totally destroyed by former band mates comments on his complete fantasy view on "reality" and his obviously ludicrous statements
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    Looks like you're flogging a dead horse mate
    Yes, flogging a dead horse trying to have a reasoned, respectful discussion with you.
    I give up now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticbumwipe View Post
    CG qoutes Monika:
    I got into bed and took one [Vesparax] sleeping tablet... It was already 6:00 am when I took the tablet. I had been sleeping so little these past few days that I had to rest up... The last time I looked at my clock it was close to 7:00 am. I can only vaguely remember what Jimi said during 6:00 and 7:00 as I was feeling the effects of the tablet. I fell asleep in his arms. I woke at about 10:00 am and Jimi was still sleeping soundly."

That also doesn't add up, does it? How could she take one of these powerful sleeping pills/barbiturates but then only sleep for 3 hours and then get up and have b'kfast, etc. She would have been out of it for at least seven hours, wouldn't she.
    Especially if she had only had "little sleep" for the past few days!
    I see that author Tony Brown also noticed this inconsistency:

"The normal recommended dose of half a tablet of Vesperax would induce an eight-hour sleep for a normal man weighing one hundred sixty pounds. If Monika had taken one of these sleeping tablets, as she had stated which would be twice the stated dose ...it would be nigh on impossible for her to wake up early and refreshed after only having three hours of sleep."

Thanks

The more I re-read all of the information provided I have started to actually believe she was jealous and tried to control Jimi and gave him the pills to sleep and keep him with her. Devon being in London might have been the reason Jimi was reluctant to return with Monika! Being young and naive at that time what she (Monika) didn't know was the effect the pills would have on him. Jimi knew how to get high it just doesn't sound right that he would suddenly ingest that many tablets on his own. If she admits it the world she gave him the pills they would have crucified her. I know some of you guys on here have been with psycho women and didn't know how to get rid of them? They get desperate and will do crazy shit outside normal behavior. That same psycho quality that draws some guys into that relationship to begin with. Sure the sex is fantastic but the circumstances behind getting it aren't worth it, too much drama involved! Innocent people accused of wrong doing to other people fight for their name to be cleared. Taking the suicide method means guilt of some sort. I give her credit she took it to her grave. Just my opinion!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharpstat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Innocent people sometimes find the fight too hard & give up. I'm not giving an opinion on Monika's innocence or guilt, just saying suicide doesn't necessarily mean guilty.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rupe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I see that author Tony Brown also noticed this inconsistency:

"The normal recommended dose of half a tablet of Vesperax would induce an eight-hour sleep for a normal man weighing one hundred sixty pounds.
    "Normal" dose was one to a half. According to UK medical trials into the efficacy of Vesparax, a half wasn't sufficient on average for a woman to get a decent sleep. I wasn't aware that TB was a medical expert TB also, apparently, didn't know that barbiturates are very addictive, requiring a progressively higher dose to achieve the same effect over time (ie one won't do the trick after a while) .
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 732 Posts

Was going thru Google Books and downloading some Hendrix stuff....
    came across this...the complete issue of JET Magazine from Oct, 1970...
    JET is/was a popular magazine aimed at the African American market...
    anyway..being it was the issue right after Hendrix death ...
    there is a 4 page article....interesting to see how Hendrix was written up
    for the 'black' community at the time..the whole article and magazine issue is there to read.
    (pic is screen capture)
    Attachment 14846

Yep..that's what it reads.."Purple Rage'"All Along The Watchtower Burning'...
    -------
    Link to magazine to read(Hendrix starts on Page 55)
    (or you can paste the link in the downloader and it will save all 68 pages as a PDF)

http://books.google.com/books?id=hjcDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA57&dq=jimi+hendrix&hl=e n&sa=X&ei=fB_tT4CwHMSA2AXnh8ncCg&ved=0CD0Q6AEwAjiW AQ#v=onepage&q=jimi hendrix&f=false

Google Book Downloader(free..all OS)
    http://www.gbooksdownloader.com/

or I put up a copy of the PDF here:
    12MB-PDF
    http://i.minus.com/1341028600/UogseJViuymFn0jcHq2Mew/dmTSC2oNW3yeR/JET Mag Oct,8-1970.rar
    J.L.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^
    They might as well have said "Riders of the Purple Sage."
    Last edited by Defender007; 06-29-12 at 10:11 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Defender007 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 658 Posts

"Normal" dose was one to a half. According to UK medical trials into the efficacy of Vesparax, a half wasn't sufficient on average for a woman to get a decent sleep. I wasn't aware that TB was a medical expert TB also, apparently, didn't know that barbiturates are very addictive, requiring a progressively higher dose to achieve the same effect over time (ie one won't do the trick after a while) .
    haha, well, this then ultimately proves that MD was a highly addicted Vesperax junkie because after one pill only getting three hours of sleep sounds like having not taken any at all (why even bother taking one if you are so addicted, she would need at least three!)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ezy Rider View Post
    haha, well, this then ultimately proves that MD was a highly addicted Vesperax junkie because after one pill only getting three hours of sleep sounds like having not taken any at all (why even bother taking one if you are so addicted, she would need at least three!)
    An alternative explanation is that she lied about that. She either didn't take a pill at all OR she took it earlier than she has admitted.

If we analyse your assessment that she was "a highly addicted Vesperax junkie", assuming for the sake of argument that were accurate then she would presumably have known that only one pill wouldn't be enough. A build up of barbiturate tolerance would not be a sudden thing. Therefore if she hadn't had adequate sleep for a "few days" as she also claimed, and if felt she really needed to sleep properly as she also claimed, then she would have known to take whatever her barbiturate-abuse tolerance level required. As Hendrix did (lethally).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 658 Posts

An alternative explanation is that she lied about that. She either didn't take a pill at all OR she took it earlier than she has admitted.

If we analyse your assessment that she was "a highly addicted Vesperax junkie", assuming for the sake of argument that were accurate then she would presumably have known that only one pill wouldn't be enough. A build up of barbiturate tolerance would not be a sudden thing. Therefore if she hadn't had adequate sleep for a "few days" as she also claimed, and if felt she really needed to sleep properly as she also claimed, then she would have known to take whatever her barbiturate-abuse tolerance level required. As Hendrix did (lethally).
    not my assesment, I am only stating the logical consequences of some of the arguments made in this thread. . .

Thanks

Because they were possibly not that effective at that dose after a while does not make one a "junkie". Humans are not machines, the effect will vary depending on various circumstances. Not least how accurate her memory was, being stoned on barbiturates (a noted "side effect" - especially of Vesparax) regulary

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    Was going thru Google Books and downloading some Hendrix stuff....
    Thanks, but this is just a quote of the original bogus Lorraine James story from the gutter press News Of The World

20. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

An alternative explanation is that she lied about that.
    What is your point here? She may have tried to paint herself in the best light? So what? It changes nothing.

Thanks

, I am only stating the logical consequences of some of the arguments made in this thread. . .
    It's not logical to conclude that someone is a "highly addicted Vesparax junkie" because they woke up after 3 hours sleep!

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

It's not logical to conclude that someone is a "highly addicted Vesparax junkie" because they woke up after 3 hours sleep!
    it's not illogical either.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

If you can play, you can play anything. I dont like classifications. - Buddy Rich

Thanks

I am only stating the logical consequences of some of the arguments made in this thread
    it's not illogical either.

Hmm, sounding like maybe need to bring in an independent arbitrator to decide...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to scoutship For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scoutship View Post
    Hmm, sounding like maybe need to bring in an independent arbitrator to decide...
    facinating!
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

If you can play, you can play anything. I dont like classifications. - Buddy Rich

Thanks

Hello CG
    >
    > I understand the theory that Jimi got the medications mixed up thinking the
    > German brand was really Vesberex. Do you have pictures of each of the pills?
    > If the pills didnt look the same- I have a problem with Jimi just assuming it
    > was the same pill only made by a different company. Is there evidence that
    > he had taken both over the years?
    >
    > >
    > Thank you

response from CG
    It appears you may have misunderstood some matters slightly.

I did not write Jimi mixed the two pills themselves up.

The line on page 46 should be read like this:

"and he just assumed that Vesparax was something similar in strength to Mandrax...."

Read the line after this, and I explain the very same there.

Take 9 Mandrax and you are still alive 4 hours later. Lethal dose: 32 pills.
    Take 9 Vesparax and you are guaranteed dead after 4 hours. Lethal dose: 9 (and likely 8 also)

Vesparax = a German brand (sold in many countries at the time)

Mandrax is not connected with Vesparax at all (apart from the fact that both were sleeping pills).

Both pills were manufactured and sold in several countries.

CG

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilovejimi For This Useful Post: