Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Mandrax were known as "Randy Mandies" coz if you could stay awake in the first 3/4 of an hour, then the "Buzz" kicked in.
    Sex was fun coz a numbness was a side effect, Jimi enjoyed sex, I wonder if He thought a similar effect would happen with Vesparax?
    "Fucking Hell, I Broke a String!!"
    1968 Voodoo Chile sessions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by manfree View Post
    Mandrax were known as "Randy Mandies" coz if you could stay awake in the first 3/4 of an hour, then the "Buzz" kicked in.
    what is/means 'randy mandie'?
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    what is/means 'randy mandie'?
    An American is "horny". A Brit is "randy" , which rhymes with Mandy aka Mandrax?

Then the Scots have this term:

randies
    Chiefly Scot
    a. a rude or reckless person

b. a coarse rowdy woman

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    An American is "horny". A Brit is "randy" , which rhymes with Mandy aka Mandrax?

Then the Scots have this term:

randies
    Chiefly Scot
    a. a rude or reckless person

b. a coarse rowdy woman

Sorry I assumed it was an international word, but yes, randy means horny ie Sexy lustful etc.
    "Fucking Hell, I Broke a String!!"
    1968 Voodoo Chile sessions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to manfree For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

Thnx!
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Mandrax ("Mandies") had the reputation for making many women feel horny, eg Ian Dury's "Billericay Dickie" -
    "Another thing with Sandy wot often came in handy,
    was slipping her a Mandy, she didn't half go bandy" [ie legs wide open]

Last edited by stplsd; 09-21-12 at 11:06 AM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

back in the day was Blue Nun wine red or white or both? If its red, then according to Billy (woodstock) Jimi in fact drank red wine .

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejimi View Post
    back in the day was Blue Nun wine red or white or both? If its red, then according to Billy (woodstock) Jimi in fact drank red wine .
    Exclusively white 'Leibfraumilch' at the time.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I agree we you 100% on your statement the Monika killed Jimi. She was nothing more than what is labled by today's standards as a celebrity stalker, with the mind set that if I can't have Jimi - nobody can.
    Her stories changed like the color of the leaves on the tree's - and the way she killed herself it's obvious she had no regards for her life or anybody else's. I alway's believe that where there's smoke there's fire, and with this case my finger point's at her and her only.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aventador For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aventador View Post
    I agree we you 100% on your statement the Monika killed Jimi. She was nothing more than what is labled by today's standards as a celebrity stalker, with the mind set that if I can't have Jimi - nobody can.
    Her stories changed like the color of the leaves on the tree's - and the way she killed herself it's obvious she had no regards for her life or anybody else's. I alway's believe that where there's smoke there's fire, and with this case my finger point's at her and her only.
    You agree with who? CG? Not sure what your saying here.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aventador View Post
    I agree we you 100% on your statement the Monika killed Jimi. .
    You what? where? what you on about?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Elandra Meredith (Kirsten Lindholm) remembers the horror of the Samarkand apartment.
    Another Jimi Hendrix Record Guide Exclusive!

ELANDRA MEREDITH REMEMBERS
    A DARK DAY IN SEPTEMBER 1970
    (possible witness of events the afternoon after Jimi had died (article credit goes to THE HENDRIX RECORD GUIDE- nice job scoring this interview).

http://hendrix.guide.pagesperso-oran...n_lindholm.htm

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ilovejimi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilovejimi View Post
    Elandra Meredith (Kirsten Lindholm) remembers the horror of the Samarkand apartment.
    Nicely bonkers

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    Nicely bonkers
    Yes definitely second stop after Upton Park.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to John Brodie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,148 Times in 657 Posts

Did she say she was exactly there in the room, I mean, physically? The French site interprets it that way, but I somehow believe she means she was there but only "spiritually"?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 554 Posts

No, she told me that she was actually in the room with Monika but her memory is too fuzzy to pick up the finer details.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to purple jim For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thats Heavy stuff man....Thanks for sharing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Mist View Post
    I have my doubts about Kathy Etch, I mean , it all seems like sour grapes the whole thing with her and Monika....everyone wanted a piece of Jimi and claimed to be closer to him than the next person. Granted that she { KE } lived with him and seemed to be the longest relationship he had, but Jimi did like his women and Linda Keith left a lasting impression aswell due to his "Send my love to Linda" song and other references to LK in Red House {IOW} etc.....

My close friend met and interviewed Monika and he said she was CLEARLY a very sensitive, timid type person who he doubted would even hurt a fly...I can understand how freaked out she must have been to have a global rock star { biggest on the planet probably at that time } dying in her bed.... after the interview came out, some of Jimi's inner circle turned on my friend and he even had death threats....all because he wanted to get to Black Beauty to do a piece on it... Its shameful that people could be that nasty to him and this clearly affected my friend for many years afterwards, even {as an amazing guitarist himself} stopping him listening to Jimi for years...until I came along and re-ignited some of his lost passion for the great man.

Therefore, I often doubt the motives behind some of Jimi's so-called close friends....those that are still alive anyway.
    Jimi is simply the Greatest of all time !

Thanks

No Probs, My friend wont even come on here to talk about it for fear of more hate being thrown his way....such a shame , he wrote the article in Guitarist Magazine back in the mid nineties, and said it was amazing to hold Black Beauty in his hands....I have a copy of the said magazine he gave me...great stuff, such a shame he was hounded so badly afterwards.
    " Coz i'm a million miles away, and at the same time, i'm right here, in your picture frame "

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cherokee Mist View Post
    No Probs, My friend wont even come on here to talk about it for fear of more hate being thrown his way....such a shame , he wrote the article in Guitarist Magazine back in the mid nineties, and said it was amazing to hold Black Beauty in his hands....I have a copy of the said magazine he gave me...great stuff, such a shame he was hounded so badly afterwards.
    I remember that write up. I enjoyed learning about the Black Beauty guitar from that article when I was a new and young Jimi fan. Please send my thanks for writing it.

That being said, I find it disconcerting that Monika, who was just one of many women that Jimi was sleeping with, became the owner of that guitar. It's ridiculous. She should have sent it to his family if she was any kind of decent person rather than keeping it. Mind you if it had ended up with Al, it would have been stolen anyway as I read he'd been burglarized by some "fan". It's rather lame that everything that Jimi owned in this world often ended up in the possession of people who had no business having any of those things. But that's another story.

I do think that the ambulance drivers tried to cover up their own lack of professionalism by re-writing history rather than owning up to what they did wrong. They probably don't want Hendrix fans blaming them for his death. Monika is totally suspect though. Why all the lies through the years? Either she drugged him purposely to keep him there with her, told him the pills weren't very strong so take more, or she panicked when she found him dead and didn't want to be held responsible for giving him her stuff. This would explain why she made up the story that she awoke to find the pills were taken. I find it very unlikely that Jimi would steal the pills from her as she tried to say. I highly doubt Jimi would steal them as he was a gentleman. He would have asked her for them or she would have offered. She was hiding something that's for sure. She had to have felt extremely guilty for knowing that her pills killed him. The closer anyone got to the truth was the moment that she killed herself. I don't believe that this little book did a very thorough job of providing facts. It presents a biased opinion based on the fact that the author knew her. But how could he really know her and what she was like around a celebrity that she was sleeping with? She was exhibiting stalker and controlling behavior as their reported fights attest to. Of course she was timid and fragile later...she had to appear to be in order to gain the allies which she gained.

She knew what really happened and lied her way out of it. That's my opinion and maybe the most plausible. But that's only if there was truly no red wine. If there was wine in his lungs, that's even more baffling. Was this young girl that stupid to pour wine into his lungs in an effort to revive him? While it's not impossible that he was intentionally murdered by other people, it's the least likely. Most people are murdered by someone they knew. She was known to him...at least somewhat anyway. Considering her ever changing story, it's way more likely that she was the cause in someway that she wouldn't outright state.

Too bad Jimi couldn't keep it in his pants, maybe he would still be here.
    Drifting...on a sea of forgotten teardrops...on a lifeboat...sailing for...your love...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to breathe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So nothing new to add then, just more of the same unfounded Monika bashing that has been repeated ad-infinitum

Quote Originally Posted by breathe View Post
    I find it very unlikely that Jimi would steal the pills from her as she tried to say.
    Oh! something new! Not really, just NEW SPIN! you saying he STOLE the pills. No one else has sunk to that conclusion. She did not say or suggest he Stole anything. He took some more of her pills when she was asleep, ie so she was not involved in how many he took was what she was saying. How would you know what their attitude or agreement to sharing was? They may well have taken downers together several times etc.