Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Brian Doyle post on the Jimi Hendrix Information Management Institute Facebook page, August 20 at 4:38pm:

"Just wanted to mention that the Crosstown Torrents site is finally noticing our Tough Reality site. Tough Reality refutes just about everything Caesar wrote in his 'Until We Meet Again' publication. Of course in their thread about it Crosstown ignores all the evidence we presented that refutes their commonly accepted support of Glebbeek. I was banned from Crosstown as I was just about to present the information in Tough Reality on the site...If you are following this topic I ask you to please observe how Crosstown ignores the serious information in Tough Reality that overturns their previous claims as posted on their site...I would go over there and show them where they and Caesar were wrong but they banned me..."

David Key post on the Jimi Hendrix Information Management Institute Facebook page, August 22:

"You want peace and quiet on your site? Get rid of Brian Doyle. I have blocked him and he is not permitted on 3rd Stone. Its soooo nice not having his aggravation around"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 181 Posts

David Key = Donald Trump?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    Depressingly it seems the truth is still "out there" with multiple alleged "testimonies" from the same persons, and never from the horses' mouths, always second-hand, always with a slant.
    The problem with Caesar's booklet is that he didn't put in information of how he went about getting those "new" eye-witness accounts which contradicted the previous ones.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to purple jim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,786 Times in 1,009 Posts

Caesar Glebbeek's 1975 Radio Interview with Monika Dannemann

Monika says Jimi was "poisoned and murdered" "there was a powerful group behind it" and agrees it could have been the Mafia "for sure"

AUDIO LINK http://www.toughreality.net/hendrix/images/monika.ogg

So according to her, she went out to get a pack of cigarettes and the Mafia guys. who were waiting outside, then rushed in to do their job, and she came back to find Jimi covered in liquid and vomit. And claims she was there when the ambulance arrived, which both ambulance men and a policeman have said was untrue.
    Last edited by RobbieRadio; 08-22-17 at 11:30 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieRadio View Post
    Lies, lies, lies.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,000 Times in 856 Posts

And he continues to peddle his lies on Ken Voss's site!
    He even says I ban folk because of their opinions, not once has that happened.
    He goes onto say I recently prevented a member from discussing his site [tough shit, sorry tough reality]. I don't see that!

Brian Doyle is a crank. His opinion is therefore undermined by his very attitude.
    I urge all members here to check out his posts over on Ken Voss's fine site, Jimi Hendrix Information Institute. If nothing else its fun reading plus you can poke the guy with a stick :-)

But as for this thread, keep on discussing folks.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 181 Posts

Monika says Jimi was "poisoned and murdered" "there was a powerful group behind it" and agrees it could have been the Mafia "for sure"

AUDIO LINK http://www.toughreality.net/hendrix/images/monika.ogg

So according to her, she went out to get a pack of cigarettes and the Mafia guys. who were waiting outside, then rushed in to do their job, and she came back to find Jimi covered in liquid and vomit. And claims she was there when the ambulance arrived, which both ambulance men and a policeman have said was untrue.
    I always thought, that "buying a package of cigarettes" is one of the lamest aliases in history. It is obvious to me that Monika had a hard time to accept that she played a crucial role in the whole disaster. Just like Eric Burdon's role who probably said something over the phone when Monika called him in total panic, like the apartment had to be cleaned of every morsel of drugs before the police would come in. Monika's and Eric's behaviour after Jimi's death indicate large guilt feelings to me. Anyway, the main point Caesar is making that Jimi's life couldn't have been saved due to the fact that 9 vesperax tablets destroy the liver slowly but surely.
    Repeating all these discussions over and over again makes me puke, though. I prefer celebrating Jimi's life, and his amazing legacy.
    Last edited by kees1954; 08-23-17 at 07:31 AM.

11. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kees1954 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by purple jim View Post
    The problem with Caesar's booklet is that he didn't put in information of how he went about getting those "new" eye-witness accounts which contradicted the previous ones.
    Yes, that is a real problem. So as it stands we apparently have conflicting statements from the ambulance staff, second-hand, none of them verified.
    Doesn't matter really, except signed/legal documentation would put an end to conspiracy theorists...NOT.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dino77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kees1954 View Post
    the main point Caesar is making that Jimi's life couldn't have been saved due to the fact that 9 vesperax tablets destroy the liver slowly but surely.
    Not according to contemporary medical literature available on the net that I posted on this forum. There was no sign of liver damage in the autopsy either. He suffocated to death on his vomit due to the barbs, as well as knocking him out, retarding his cough mechanism. This is possibly the commonest mechanism of death due to barb tox, the same as with very many cases of fatal alcohol tox, eg Bon Scott etc. etc. In a contemporary, professional medical study of a number of od deaths due to Vesperax (mainly women), less than 10 vesperax was generally not found to be enough to cause death, if treated in time.
    The 'normal' dose was one, that's why they were that size - duh, in some cases a half would do, or, more likely, if one was not enough you could up the dose by a half, that's why they were scored - in a contemporary professional medical study (of women) they found that a half was seldom found to be enough to ensure a decent sleep.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

15. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

ie she was a moron
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    I urge all members here to check out his posts over on Ken Voss's fine site,
    I would urge all members here to ignore the paranoid psycho.

"If you see this man: Do not engage in conversation, avoid contact of any kind, this man is mental"

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

" In a contemporary, professional medical study of a number of od deaths due to Vesperax (mainly women), less than 10 Vesperax was generally not found to be enough to cause death"

Keep in mind that the strength of U.S. vs. European doses was an issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,153 Times in 659 Posts

MD took half a tablet., how could he not know their strength?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhendrixfanatic View Post
    Keep in mind that the strength of U.S. vs. European doses was an issue.
    Not relevant in this case as it was a European study. The Vesparax® he swallowed were probably manufactured in Belgium and prescribed in West Germany (likely why she had so many) or, possibly, in London.
    There was no issue regarding variation in Vesparax® capsules by nation, anyway it doesn't appear to have been manufactured or prescribed in the US.

If you were referring to the theory of JH possibly mistaking the strength of Vesparax with the widely prescibed (in the US) Seconal® (put forward by Buzzy Linhart)? This is possible, but would show a high level of recklessness or ignorance on JH’s part. Why would he just assume they were the same? One was a tablet the other a red capsule, different drugs come in different strengths. It’s not as if he wasn’t aware of how dangerous barbs were, Alan Wilson had just od’d on them (with alcohol in his case) just prior to the Berlin ’70 show and Brian Epstein had been killed by them only a couple of years ago and several other high profile deaths. But if this was his mistake, he would be thinking he had taken 9 Seconal, which would have been way less than the strength of 9 Vesparax, probably around the equivalent of 6. Of course there is the observed effect of barbs sometimes making people forgetful of how many one had taken and then taking a, sometimes fatal, extra dose, especially if you had been taking them for a while.

Cause of death (if you don’t vomit and suffocate on it) : “Death occurs through a combination of apnea (cessation of breathing) and cardiac arrest.” ie If correctly treated in time death may be prevented.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Vesparax is a combination tablet containing 50 mg brallobarbital, 150 mg secobarbital and 50 mg hydroxyzine that is used as a sedative.

Brallobarbital barbiturate
    Secobarbital barbiturate
    Hydroxyzine antihistamine

This drug has been withdrawn from the market in most countries.

For the usage of Vesparax as a sedative, the dose is 50-100 mg in adults and 0.6mg/kg in children.

The dosage described above may be increased or decreased depending on your doctor's assessment.

Vesparax may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Vesparax with caution.

Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it. Do not drink alcohol while you are using Vesparax.

Vesparax is extensively metabolized by the liver.

HOW SHOULD I TAKE VESPARAX?

Follow all directions on your prescription label. Never take Vesparax in larger amounts, or for longer than recommended by your doctor. The recommended dosage is 1/2 a tablet one half hour before retiring.

Hendrix had taken nine of prescribed Vesparax sleeping tablets, 18 times the recommended dosage.

VESPARAX OVERDOSE

There is no specific antidote to Vesparax.

In case of acute overdosage, establish and maintain an airway and ensure adequate oxygenation and ventilation.

The most common symptom of Vesparax overdose is hypersedation. If overdose happens, the patient should be made to vomit, if he/she has no urge to vomit, it should be induced.

Another relief is to immediate gastric lavage. Immediately seek emergency medical attention while continuing to monitor the patient's vital signs.
    Last edited by RobbieRadio; 08-26-17 at 10:07 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey, stplsd

After reading most of this thread, (skipping over Scum Dumb) I find i believe what I've always believed and it pretty much matches how you feel Jimi died. I remember reading somewhere Jimi was supposed to have a meeting wiith MJ, and just wanted to sleep through it and basically miss it on purpose. I can't remember the book it was from off hand, but if true, might be the reason Jimi took such a heavy dose. What say you?
    'The very fact you oppose this makes me think I'm onto something'

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by outasight View Post
    it pretty much matches how you feel Jimi died.
    I don't have a feeling how JH died? I was just exploring possible scenarios. I am with the coroner's "open verdict." ie not possible to say whether it was accidental or suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by outasight View Post
    I remember reading somewhere Jimi was supposed to have a meeting wiith MJ, and just wanted to sleep through it and basically miss it on purpose. I can't remember the book it was from off hand, but if true, might be the reason Jimi took such a heavy dose. What say you?
    Just more speculation, and a very silly one at that - think about it

Thanks

The recommended dosage is 1/2 a tablet one half hour before retiring.

Hendrix had taken nine of prescribed Vesparax sleeping tablets, 18 times the recommended dosage.
    I don’t know where you got this text from, but whoever put it up has edited out a crucial part of the UCB information leaflet which states the dose as ˝ to 1 tablet ˝ hour before sleep.
    I repeat: a contemporary prodessional medical study .... [see above] showed that ˝ was usually not enough for a decent sleep. The generally effective dose for adult women was found to be 1 tablet – as mentioned in the info leaflet.
    So JH took nine times the recommended dose. But the 1 tablet dose would have to be upped to achieve the same effect if he had been taking them regularly.

Monika claimed she only took one tablet before retiring, but who knows. She was maybe hooked on them, they are quite addictive. She wasn't about to say she was bombed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

28. The Following User Says Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

STLP - The info I've been able to find says the recommended initial dosage info varies based on what affliction it is being used for. In some instances it is 1/2 a tablet (25mg) 2 times a days and others it is 1 tablet (50mg) once a day. Also the dosage varies based on whether the tablets are immediate release, or time release.

"Vesparax is indicated for the treatment of schizophrenia as well as for the treatment of acute manic episodes associated with bipolar I disorder."

The dosage can be increased after the initial period of use. So since Monika was already using the medication, it was safe for her to take a full tablet or more at once.

I read before that the tablets were notched in the middle so they could be broken into two 25mg pieces. But I can't find of photo of any Vesparax pills.

So if the recommended starting dosage for use as a sleep aid was 1/2 a pill or 1/2 a pill 2 times a day, then Jimi taking 9 full pills all at once would be 18 times the recommended dosage for a 24 hour or 12 period.
    Last edited by RobbieRadio; 08-26-17 at 05:40 PM.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    I don't have a feeling how JH died? I was just exploring possible scenarios. I am with the coroner's "open verdict." ie not possible to say whether it was accidental or suicide.

Just more speculation, and a very silly one at that - think about it
    Well, one of your posts summed it up pretty good to me anyway. And if Jimi was supposed to have a meeting with MJ, i think that would have affected his mood . He could have been dreading it.
    'The very fact you oppose this makes me think I'm onto something'