Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,923 Times in 763 Posts

Re: "Until We Meet Again : The Last Weeks Of Jimi Hendrix"

I can't recall right now, it may have been covered in other biographies, but Brown's 'Final Days' being a recent read, what saddened me to no end was the total abandonment of the Hendrix corpse. So many would claim 'close' association, yet, as the body was being prepped for transportation to the states, one would think someone would have had the decency to come forward with an outfit befitting the world's most famous Rock God. But no. The undertaker had to scounge for some Canadian lumberjack shirt and pair of blue jeans from who knows where. What a fucking dishonor.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

no f&*^% way... never heard that b4 what a shocker. tsssss
    very sad indeed

Thanks

The way Jimi was treated when he died speaks a lot. Many people depended on Jimi. Once he died I guess he became his family's problem. Hmm, I wonder why Jeffery didn't rush forward? Jimi should have been clothed in emperor's oriental silk of the highest quality.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    ... heh heh, well I certainly would be surprised if any did surface. JFK has his Oswald, Oswald had his Ruby, Malcom Little had his Hagan-Butler-Johnson, RFK had his Sirhan, King had his Ray, etc. ... and Hendrix has his Dannemann. (let's see if Glebbeek is on board)

Yeah, I like that. The Lone Nut scenario. So Monika then decided to drown Jimi in wine to cover her tracks? Hmm, funny how she avoided staining her dress with all that wine that was splashed around.

The reasons why the Monika did it alone scenario is unlikely were all explained in the locked threads. Caesar is going to really stir this up because he has some radical claims.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Drum View Post
    The way Jimi was treated when he died speaks a lot. Many people depended on Jimi. Once he died I guess he became his family's problem. Hmm, I wonder why Jeffery didn't rush forward? Jimi should have been clothed in emperor's oriental silk of the highest quality.
    Yes he should have. Imagine Al's thoughts upon first viewing his son's body.

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Caesar is going to really stir this up because he has some radical claims.
    Really?
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

Sure. Caesar says the ambulance men changed their story. Plus he says he's found new witnesses that change the timeline and back Monika. Other key witnesses too. I won't spoil the issue with details. I seriously doubt this, but let's see what he's found.

Thanks

Sure. Caesar says the ambulance men changed their story. Plus he says he's found new witnesses that change the timeline and back Monika. Other key witnesses too. I won't spoil the issue with details. I seriously doubt this, but let's see what he's found.
    For anything substantive to be brought to the table Glebbeek will have to provide empirical evidence. Witness accounts is merely a continuation of what's come before and all should be prepared for more of the same, endless and fruitless debates, IF, this is all that this new read will bring to the table. Ho-hum, where's my pop-corn & Coke? Ah! there it is ... ok - start the show.

Thanks

I can't recall right now, it may have been covered in other biographies, but Brown's 'Final Days' being a recent read, what saddened me to no end was the total abandonment of the Hendrix corpse. So many would claim 'close' association, yet, as the body was being prepped for transportation to the states, one would think someone would have had the decency to come forward with an outfit befitting the world's most famous Rock God. But no. The undertaker had to scounge for some Canadian lumberjack shirt and pair of blue jeans from who knows where. What a fucking dishonor.
    He was buried in Seattle Im very surprised Jimi's Dad couldnt find some decent clothes for him? Are you sure that wasnt for the transportation back to the States? Plus they say Al wanted an open caskett because he wanted to show Jimi was not drug addict.So an open casket in a lumber jacket? v. strange.

Thanks

The ambulance men gave their testimony when Dee Mitchel and Kathy Etchingham re-open the inquest which was a legal procedure. If they've contradicted their testimony now, it means theyve quite possibly perjured themselves during that inquest. But its difficult to say until we know what CG has found out.

Thanks

Can't somebody hook-up Pali Gap with a copy? Seems post theft could be gotten around with a little help from some Hendrix friends.
    Thank you thats very kind, but I'll probably hang fire until Im flush and maybe Ceaser will sell it as a UV back issue at some later date. Then I can get it delivered to work or something. Id be interested to hear what he's found out...but as a fan probably more interested in the last few gigs, and the European Tour that they did.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pali Gap View Post
    He was buried in Seattle Im very surprised Jimi's Dad couldnt find some decent clothes for him? Are you sure that wasnt for the transportation back to the States? Plus they say Al wanted an open caskett because he wanted to show Jimi was not drug addict.So an open casket in a lumber jacket? v. strange.
    re-read my post and the follow-ups.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Thank you thats very kind, but I'll probably hang fire until Im flush and maybe Ceaser will sell it as a UV back issue at some later date. Then I can get it delivered to work or something. Id be interested to hear what he's found out...but as a fan probably more interested in the last few gigs, and the European Tour that they did.
    PG, this is not part of the UV issues so it not going to fall into "back issue" status ia.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

So when will we know what this Geezer Slebbeek is gonna bring to the Table?
    "Fucking Hell, I Broke a String!!"
    1968 Voodoo Chile sessions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by manfree View Post
    So when will we know what this Geezer Slebbeek is gonna bring to the Table?
    when you buy, receive then read his new book and tell us -

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    PG, this is not part of the UV issues so it not going to fall into "back issue" status ia.
    OK but its not going to persuade me to buy it when I cant really afford it for now. I cant understand the secrecy about Hendrix death either that is if he's really uncovered the truth.

Thanks

re-read my post and the follow-ups.
    OK sorry. Its difficult to judge-we werent there- but Jimi's family at least gave him the dignity he deserved when he got to Seattle. I think Mozart was buried in an unmarked paupers grave, the same happened to some writers. Hendrix wanted to be buried in England perhaps its a good job he wasnt.

No-one can do much about his premature passing, but he got the recognition he deserved and Hendrix was always loved and respected for his musical legacy and that is what is most important.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenders Fingers View Post
    KD: I wish this was made a little bit more apparent by the Editors ! I've just renewed my subscription to ensure I was going
    to get this and now I realize that this is not to be the case.

From what I've heard there's a few more disgruntled subscribors with the same beef !

CG - if you are reading these posts - any chance of a refund, with the cash sent to you going towards the
    Mystery Solving Edition only ? Let me know

Thanks

^ Just e-mail Caesar at his e-mail address posted on his site. I'm sure he'll be glad to change the order.

Thanks

... Hendrix wanted to be buried in England perhaps its a good job he wasnt. ...
    I agree.