Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 148

Thread: The Death Of Devon Wilson

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    614
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 244 Times in 91 Posts

    The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Does anyone happen to know the mysterious details surrounding the death of Devon Wilson? Devon Wilson's story is a fascinating one, as she seems to have had a very interesting relationship with Hendrix, in addition to many other pop culture figures, but like Jimi, it seems like her final days and hours are shrouded in mystery.

    From what I've read, she seems to have been pushed or to have jumped from a window in the Chelsea Hotel. At the time of her death, Devon was paying the part of a junkie in a movie and may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time while doing "research" for her film role. The Chelsea Hotel was well known at that time as being a hot bed for dealers, junkies, and prostitutes.

    Of course there are also the conspiracy theories that have Devon being silenced by the same forces that may have been involved in the death of Jimi Hendrix. Many of Jimi's friends and associates seem to have suffered an untimely demise. Especially those who were close to Jimi around the time of his death.

    Was it the Hendrix curse?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to danksquad For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,777
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by danksquad View Post
    ... Devon Wilson's story is a fascinating one, ...
    Really? Is there a book devoted to her or one that authoritatively references her biographically? I have not come across any literature mentioning her, other than a few scattered sentences here and there in the Hendrix biographies or other media (magazines, newspapers, etc.) where the subject and focus is Hendrix. MAYBE the Miles Davis autobio, haven't read it in awhile, but nothing more than a few words and nothing of what is not already making the rounds about her as far as I recall.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,763
    Thanks
    1,733
    Thanked 2,152 Times in 658 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    A CTT member posted a witness account (a friend's) a year ago or so stating that she was found with a needle in her arm lying on the ground in the doorway, I recall.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Word is Devon was never pushed out any window. She was supposedly found beaten to death with a needle sticking in her arm.


    She must have 'researched' a little too hard, eh?


    To me the 8 floor fall rumor is proof false stories were being spread to hide the real reason for her death. I suppose this calls for some investigation of the police reports.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Drum View Post
    Word is Devon was never pushed out any window. I suppose this calls for some investigation of the police reports.
    KD: And you're just the guy to do it !

    Seriously folks, your "word is Devon was never pushed out any window" - that's the only report most of us have ever read or heard. I've never heard your version of her being found beaten to death with a needle sticking out of her arm. Where did you come up with this new conspiracy theory?

    If true, that indeed is an outright murder. How come this was never reported or seen in the press or any of Jimi's
    biographies ? I could see the headline if it was true: "Hendrix Girlfriend Murdered".

    For the record she was also a known girlfriend / concubine of Mick Jagger, Arthur Lee, Miles Davis and Quincy Jones
    too amongst others. Check out the biography of Quincy Jones for more on Devon Wilson. He doesn't mention anything
    about her being found "beaten to death with a needle sticking out of her arm".

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    Really? Is there a book devoted to her or one that authoritatively references her biographically? I have not come across any literature mentioning her, other than a few scattered sentences here and there in the Hendrix biographies or other media (magazines, newspapers, etc.) where the subject and focus is Hendrix. MAYBE the Miles Davis autobio, haven't read it in awhile, but nothing more than a few words and nothing of what is not already making the rounds about her as far as I recall.
    Hey MS: Again, check out the autobiography of Quincy Jones for a few more lines on Devon Wilson.

    Here's another conspiracy theory for you all too regarding Devon Wilson.
    As some of you know, I played with Noel Redding on and off for a few years - during one of our gigs in SF (at the Maritime Hall) we were approached after the gig by a youngish couple. Pleasant enough pair. Black girl, and
    white boyfriend / guy who claimed they came up to SF from LA for the gig specifically to meet Noel. She told both Noel and I that night in the dressing room that she was the daughter of Devon Wilson. Can't think of any reason why anyone would say something like that unless it was true, but who knows.

    I shit you not.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,777
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    Hey MS: Again, check out the autobiography of Quincy Jones for a few more lines on Devon Wilson.
    OK - it will be my next read, the Wilson thing being secondary, as Quincy was a key player in the industry.


    Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    ... Can't think of any reason why anyone would say something like that ....
    Well, considering Noel was present, my guess is to 'infer' that Hendrix was the father?
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    OK - it will be my next read, the Wilson thing being secondary, as Quincy was a key player in the industry.


    Well, considering Noel was present, my guess is to 'infer' that Hendrix was the father?
    KD: Nope. She never infered or implied anything relating to Jimi, but
    simply stated she was the daughter of Devon Wilson. She was in a room jammed full
    of Jimi devotees, fans, friends and associates too.

    If her goal was to get the "I'm the long lost daughter of Jimi" ball rolling she certainly
    had the audience to do it that night - and didn't !

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,777
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    ^
    oops! my bad - you say above it was a few years ago & they were a youngish couple. Definitely could not be a Wilson offspring, she would be too old to be referenced as 'youngish'.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  11. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post

    Seriously folks, your "word is Devon was never pushed out any window" - that's the only report most of us have ever read or heard. I've never heard your version of her being found beaten to death with a needle sticking out of her arm. Where did you come up with this new conspiracy theory?

    Inside sources. Another CTT poster already posted about this in the locked threads.




    Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    If true, that indeed is an outright murder. How come this was never reported or seen in the press or any of Jimi's
    biographies ? I could see the headline if it was true: "Hendrix Girlfriend Murdered".

    Your logic is correct. Now ask yourself what powerful forces needed it covered-up and not investigated and, more importantly, why?



    Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    For the record she was also a known girlfriend / concubine of Mick Jagger, Arthur Lee, Miles Davis and Quincy Jones
    too amongst others. Check out the biography of Quincy Jones for more on Devon Wilson. He doesn't mention anything
    about her being found "beaten to death with a needle sticking out of her arm".

    Not something people went around advertizing. Not with Jimi either.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    [QUOTE=Scrum Drum;58715]
    Your logic is correct. Now ask yourself what powerful forces needed it covered-up and not investigated ?


    KD: Scrum Drums ?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to kdion11 For This Useful Post:


  14. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    ^
    oops! my bad - you say above it was a few years ago & they were a youngish couple. Definitely could not be a Wilson offspring, she would be too old to be referenced as 'youngish'.
    KD: Not that young ! It seemed possible that what she was saying was true - age wise anywho.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    6,777
    Thanks
    1,028
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by kdion11 View Post
    KD: Not that young ! It seemed possible that what she was saying was true - age wise anywho.
    At a minimum she would be 41 today (33 around the time Noel passed on). And anything is possible. Wish you could have taken a photo.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

    "We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

    “If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    614
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 244 Times in 91 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    At a minimum she would be 41 today (33 around the time Noel passed on). And anything is possible. Wish you could have taken a photo.

    ...or a DNA sample!!!

  17. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    It would have to be earlier in the 60's because someone would have noticed.

  18. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    614
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 244 Times in 91 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    I just found some unreleased footage of Devon Wilson backstage at a Rolling Stones show.
    Check it out!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFs2KpsAd_w

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to danksquad For This Useful Post:


  20. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    614
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 244 Times in 91 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    http://www.squidoo.com/who-killed-jimi-hendrix-#module106611891


    "Super Groupie and heroin addict, but was she involved with Hendrix's death?


    Devon is supposed to have slept with many rock stars including Hendrix, Mick Jagger, Eric Clapton, and Miles Davis, and she is said to be the subject of the Hendrix song "Dolly Dagger" and was in the control room when it was recorded.

    Hendrix reportedly visited her before going to Dannemann's the night he died, but Dannemann claimed he visited her first and she drove him to Devons, Dannemann also said he later told her Devon may have "slipped him an OD".

    There are rumours that Devon was another of Hendrix's girlfriends and they argued after Monika told everyone they were engaged and flashed a ring around. So both Devon and Jeffery were being dumped by Hendrix and it is possible she was paid to slip him something by Jeffery, not realising his full intentions. She was badly addicted to heroin and did desperate things to get it, and she apparently became hysterical at Hendrix's funeral and tried to jump into the grave with him.

    She also died a year after Hendrix and was apparently going around saying Jeffery had killed Hendrix, she fell from the 8th floor of the Chelsea Hotel in New York. Some think it was suicide but there are many rumours about foul play."

  21. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    614
    Thanks
    256
    Thanked 244 Times in 91 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Carlos Santana interview from Univibes:

    http://www.djnoble.demon.co.uk/ints/CARLOSS.ANT.html

    Uh, we spoke very little because it was... It was kinda embarrassing [laughs]. No, it was embarrassing because at that time there was like, uh, 'lady swapping', you know, and his old lady [Devon Wilson] would, you know, check the rounds and he knew that she was checking the rounds so... I dunno. It was awkward for me - I don't know whether it was awkward for him... 'Monitor'! I used to call her 'monitor' because she used to say everything about everybody, you know. I used to say, 'I don't wanna hear anything [laughs]! I don't wanna know anything, I just wanna like learn about the music, I don't wanna know about the other "stuff", you know. You keep that to yourself, you know.'

  22. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 20 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by danksquad View Post
    Hendrix reportedly visited her before going to Dannemann's the night he died, but Dannemann claimed he visited her first and she drove him to Devons, Dannemann also said he later told her Devon may have "slipped him an OD".

    The Squidoo Hendrix stuff is Nancy in England. She's actually paraphrasing a lot of the material I entered in her blog in response to her Hendrix murder stuff. So you're really quoting me when you quote Nancy's stuff.

    Any "OD" Devon slipped Jimi would have to be long before Devon "nodded-off" at Kameron's. You have to think that anything strong enough to call an "OD" would be something Jimi would have realized at Kameron's when it belted him. Most likely Jimi didn't realize he had been slipped an OD at the Samarkand and not by Devon. Jimi was waltzing into the kitchen to talk to Stella at Kameron's right before he left. He then moved on his own two legs to the intercom to speak to Monika right before departing. This is hardly the behavior of a person who had been slipped an OD.



    Quote Originally Posted by danksquad View Post
    ...both Devon and Jeffery were being dumped by Hendrix and it is possible she was paid to slip him something by Jeffery, not realising his full intentions. She was badly addicted to heroin and did desperate things to get it, and she apparently became hysterical at Hendrix's funeral and tried to jump into the grave with him.

    Very real possibility. Now since we know Jeffery preyed-upon and manipulated women around Jimi we can ask if Monika's desperate need to be near Jimi was also manipulated by Jeffery (or some other power). The autopsy only showed the known drugs in Jimi's system and nothing from any mickey slipped by Devon. (Some suggest Dr Teare was paid-off by Jeffery, but I have trouble accepting that)


    Quote Originally Posted by danksquad View Post
    She also died a year after Hendrix and was apparently going around saying Jeffery had killed Hendrix, she fell from the 8th floor of the Chelsea Hotel in New York. Some think it was suicide but there are many rumours about foul play."

    The fact some unknown source was telling people Devon fell from the 8th floor window of the Chelsea speaks that someone was doing disinformation to cover-up the real cause. They didn't want people to ask why she was beaten to death and given a classic heroin OD gangland style. They didn't want anyone to eventually interview Devon and give her an outlet to tell what she knew. They weren't rumors...

  23. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF CA
    Posts
    591
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 148 Times in 87 Posts

    Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

    Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    At a minimum she would be 41 today (33 around the time Noel passed on). And anything is possible. Wish you could have taken a photo.
    KD: Hey MS. There were lots of people there - especially from the old HJ Mailing List - with cameras. Wouldn't be surpised if there is one. I'll look through my stash from the night.

Similar Threads

  1. Jimi & Devon - I Wonder When This Was Taken?
    By bogey_j in forum Can You See Me?
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-14, 02:19 AM
  2. DEVON WILSON interview in RAGS magazine
    By stplsd in forum Jimi Hendrix And Other Interviews
    Replies: 106
    Last Post: 06-17-14, 09:29 AM
  3. jimi death new evidence
    By Vibratory in forum The Crosstown Bar
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-05-11, 09:21 PM
  4. Is This Devon?
    By bogey_j in forum Third Stone From The Sun
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-07-09, 07:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBitty (VBTT) 4 for XBT v1.1 CUSTOM by Toolmanwill