Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Death Of Devon Wilson

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Re: The Death Of Devon Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by jimdavies111 View Post
    Did you read the post? .
    Yup. I wanted to know how you heard about it.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

Junkies don't get reports. You know that. It was obvious and paid for. Second question is did her family know and what was done about it, except Potter's Field, as I already stated.

Thanks

It was not reported at all at the time.
    Maybe not to the press, but all deaths are reported by medical services automatically as a formality.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks

I guess it was not obvious, From the Cops.

Thanks

Junkies don't get reports. You know that. It was obvious and paid for. Second question is did her family know and what was done about it, except Potter's Field, as I already stated.
    What was "obvious and paid for"???
    Of course a big question mark was what was her real name? Was her identity known to the hotel and or any witnesses?
    Why didn't her rich and famous "friends", eg Betty Mabry, give her a funeral or even, apparently, take any interest in her fate?

Thanks

Not so. That is your bias in another country. Obvious ODs are not going to waste the coroners time. You know how many a day there were here and the city was bankrupt in the early 70's. Garbage everywhere, buildings black from soot, hundreds of murders a year, Get a grip on it. You need a little historical perspective, which you do not seem to have.

Thanks

Not so. Obvious ODs are not going to waste the coroners time. You know how many a day there were here and the city was bankrupt. Garbage everywhere, buildings black from soot, hundreds of murders a year, Get a grip on it.
    What's "not so"? what's soot got to do with anything? what's coroners got to do with it? deaths are normally registered by a doctor. Hundreds of murders, so what, one a day? deaths are recorded even during massive wars, nevermind during a bit of blip in street crime. How would someone falling to their death out a window be decided was a junkie and not registered? I think that's just a strange opinion of yours based on your own illogical "feelings". I've got total historical perspective.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    What's "not so"? what's soot got to do with anything? what's coroners got to do with it? deaths are normally registered by a doctor. Hundreds of murders, so what, one a day? deaths are recorded even during massive wars, nevermind during a bit of blip in street crime. How would someone falling to their death out a window be decided was a junkie and not registered? I think that's just a strange assuption by you.
    Because she was a junkie and did not fall to her death. Simple. Well known whore and drug addict who succumbed to her addiction in a Hotel known for drug deaths. What else is there to say?

Thanks

What's "not so"? what's soot got to do with anything? what's coroners got to do with it? deaths are normally registered by a doctor. Hundreds of murders, so what, one a day? deaths are recorded even during massive wars, nevermind during a bit of blip in street crime. How would someone falling to their death out a window be decided was a junkie and not registered? I think that's just a strange opinion of yours based on your own illogical "feelings".
    Are you for real? Do you have mafia and cops?

Thanks

What else is there to say?
    What was her real name, how did she actually die, is she actually dead?

Thanks

What's "not so"? what's soot got to do with anything? what's coroners got to do with it? deaths are normally registered by a doctor. Hundreds of murders, so what, one a day? deaths are recorded even during massive wars, nevermind during a bit of blip in street crime. How would someone falling to their death out a window be decided was a junkie and not registered? I think that's just a strange opinion of yours based on your own illogical "feelings". I've got total historical perspective.
    Because we do not register junkies in the USA nor give them drugs. I have no illogical feelings. As I said, I am a native New Yorker, 57 years old, and lived close by. The mob ran everything then, including the Police Dept. Where do you get off making these comments from another country where you have zero knowledge?

Thanks

Are you for real? Do you have mafia and cops?
    I'm for real boyo, IRA/UDA ring a bell? oooh NY so baaad in 1970, get real

Thanks

I'm for real boyo, IRA/UDA ring a bell? oooh NY so baaad in 1970, get real
    Maybe someday you can add something constructive. I doubt you have the means or have ever been here in your life. IRA? I was outside a bombing in Trafalgar Sq years ago and got hurt. For you to even make a comment like that is sick.

Thanks

Because we do not register junkies in the USA nor give them drugs. I have no illogical feelings. As I said, I am a native New Yorker, 57 years old, and lived close by. The mob ran everything then, including the Police Dept. Where do you get off making these comments from another country where you have zero knowledge?
    I have plenty knowledge. You record deaths like any other country. Your opinion of who ran what and how much is not a fact. Living outside a subject can give objectivity. But that is to digress. What we need is someone to actually find out her real name and/or attempt to find if the actual cause of her death is still extant in the medical, or statistical records of NY

Thanks

I have plenty knowledge. You record deaths like any other country. Your opinion of who ran what and how much is not a fact. Living outside a subject can give objectivity. But that is to digress. What we need is someone to actually find out her real name and/or attempt to find if the actual cause of her death is still extant in the medical, or statistical records of NY
    You better read the previous post because not only are you wrong, you have problems.

Thanks

Maybe someday you can add something constructive. I doubt you have the means or have ever been here in your life. IRA? I was outside a bombing in Trafalgar Sq years ago and got hurt. For you to even make a comment like that is sick.
    You were making out the Mafia was some big deal in NY and poor little me lived a sheltered life away from your horrible sooty 1970 NY, I pointed out that at the time the IRA/UDA were causing mayhem in the UK. I lived in London and (razor /knife gang) Glasgow, he Mafia would last about ten minutes over here. I have stayed in NY. For you to make your sick comment on my genuine comment is sick.

Thanks

There is something wrong with you. IF you think for one minute that the mob did not run this city you are a moron. Read the papers from the time, see the trials, see the politicians brought down. You lived here? Sure. I lived no sheltered life and I was actually quite hurt in you city from your own insurgents.

Thanks

There is something wrong with you. IF you think for one minute that the mob did not run this city you are a moron. Read the papers from the time, see the trials, see the politicians brought down. You lived here? Sure. I lived no sheltered life and I was actually quite hurt in you city from your own insurgents. If you are so callous that a foreigner can be brought into your stupid religious wars, and injured, you are sick. That would not happen here, the mob would see to it.

Thanks

If you are so callous that a foreigner can be brought into your stupid religious wars, and injured, you are sick. That would not happen here, the mob would see to it.
    I didn't cause any injury to anyone, you are being sick to attempt to implicate me as a fellow traveller. And now you appear to approve of the Mafia as a guarantor of religious harmony?

Thanks

You knock how we run things? What about you?
    By "we" I hope you don't mean the Mafia? I was merely pointing out to you that the situation in NY was not uniquely bad corruption and violence wise (or soot) at that time and then you went completely overboard (again). Calm down, calm down. By what I've read/heard the most convincing story is that Devon died from an OD in the hotel, but how do we know? Where did the falling/pushed/jumped out an upper story window story come from, why are you so convinced she didn't? What's your source?
    Even if you did scour the NY newspapers looking for a report on her death at the time, not knowing her real name may have been quite a hindrance?