Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293031323334353637383940

Thread: The Hendrix Auction Thread

Thanks

Re: The Hendrix Auction Thread

Surely this is a forgery which somebody is already bidding on? http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lo...0-c-137467eaf6

Thanks

Fake

Thanks

Some poor bastard's done their dough.

Thanks

I emailed the auction house - no response!

Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rupe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here's another dubious one. Surely Monika would not say Jimi gave it her in 'the early 1970s', let alone spell her name as Monica at the bottom.
    http://www.invaluable.com/auction-lo...1-c-9bf4c49bfd

Thanks

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rupe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Rupe, thank you for posting.
    Unfortunate day of the month, all the way around.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to souldoggie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Harleydave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jimi-Hendrix...UAAOSwnHZYSfFX

Jimi Hendrix Live Jam and Recording at The Castaways Lounge Miami 1968.

*L.P. record album in mint condition that was pressed from the original recording that was recorded on a 2- track recorder.*

The music.

Jimi Hendrix was in Florida in 1968 he was performing at the Miami Pop Festival.*

The next day, Jimi stopped in at the famous "Castaways Lounge" ( see video below) *in North Miami Beach to have a few drinks, it was raining that day and so he decided to get one of his guitars and decided to jam with the band that was playing in the downstairs lounge.*

How this recording was acquired.*

My father was co-owner of the Fountainebleau Hotel in Miami in the 1970s.

Most all the major hotel owners knew each other and some were my fathers "rivals" and closest friends.

Stan Jentsch owned the Castaways Lounge, and there were 2 other owners. When I was a kid I remember Sinatra coming by the house, I remember seeing a lot of famous bands play in the lounge of the Castaways, although I was young, my father was into music and he dragged his kid around telling all about these performers.

( If you want to do a fact check, just type in "owner Castaways Lounge Miami 1970s".)

This will take you to an extensive*forum with many people discussing their most prized memories.

There was competition between all the hotels, if they could attract famous people to come, it made for good business.

Free rooms, all the booze you can drink, pretty women.

The Seven Sea's Lounge ( across the street from the Castaways Lounge) gave cart-blanche to Tommy Bolin, down the street, The Hemispheres Hotel gave cart-blanche to Bowie, and that day the Castaways gave Jimi Hendrix room, food, alcohol and anything else that would persuade him to come.*

At the Castaways lounge there was a sound and light man in the booth. That day that Jimi took the stage, the sound-man immediately began recording onto a small 2- track recorder.

There were only 5 copies made of this album and they were pressed in Miami, they were gifts that my father used to trade*

* Special Features Hendrix talks on the microphone for a while telling a dirty joke, you can hear the audience in the background which sounds like about 40 or so people. Jimi is using a guitar device he says he is trying out and tells everyone he doesn't know what is going to happen, but this must be false, because it sounds perfectly balanced and he uses it like a pro. The band doesn't know his songs, but he plays them anyways and some are indistinguishable. There is a song that sounds like a James Brown tune, sort of funky that the band knows, Hendrix sings the song but doesn't know the words but it sounds pretty amazing. On the B. Side of the album, Hendrix plays a long guitar solo that includes a guitar lick from the show "I Love Lucy" and " Leave it to Beaver".*

Thanks
    Thanked 2,025 Times in 616 Posts

I believe this tape has been offered before and discussed here as well, apparently it is a later recording with no Jimi

Thanks

No mention of Frank Zappa, either. I think someone here also asked to hear a brief clip for authentication and the owner declined.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhendrixfanatic View Post
    No mention of Frank Zappa, either. I think someone here also asked to hear a brief clip for authentication and the owner declined.
    It's even worse. Last time it came around a clip was offered on another website (wish I'd used software to download it) and it was the most fake sounding piece of junk I've ever heard. The cover of the LP on the eBay auction is exactly the same so this is 100% bogus. The guy knows how to write a believable tale about the recording, I'll give him that.
    Last edited by jeffhmason; 03-17-17 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Added additional info.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffhmason For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh dear ...

"Jimi Hendrix – wood shavings from the 1960s Zemaitis 12 string acoustic guitar used by Jimi Hendrix in 1967, framed, with certificate of authenticity from Keith Smart"

http://guitar-auctions.co.uk/portfol...ndrix-in-1967/

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Harleydave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhmason View Post
    It's even worse. Last time it came around a clip was offered on another website (wish I'd used software to download it) and it was the most fake sounding piece of junk I've ever heard. The cover of the LP on the eBay auction is exactly the same so this is 100% bogus. The guy knows how to write a believable tale about the recording, I'll give him that.
    I remember hearing the clip too and it was certainly different but so is the jam with Hanson and Karlson. It may be fake but 100% sure without hearing more of it I cant say. No mention of Zappa also leads one to believe probably fake. The most offensive thing whether fake or not is the asking price.

Thanks

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rupe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    I remember hearing the clip too and it was certainly different but so is the jam with Hanson and Karlson. It may be fake but 100% sure without hearing more of it I cant say. No mention of Zappa also leads one to believe probably fake. The most offensive thing whether fake or not is the asking price.
    The clip I heard had vocals attached to it that were clearly not Jimi to me. It sounded like the vocals had been altered/slowed down by some means to make it sound more like Jimi but didn't work. Perhaps we heard different clips??

Thanks

JIMI HENDRIX & OTHER PSYCH, UNIQUE MIXES ONLY ON THIS ACETATE, 1967, LISTEN !!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JIMI-HENDR...p2056016.l4276

”ASSORTED PHASING” A UNIQUE ONE OFF ACETATE, AS A BEST GUESS THIS WAS MADE BY A STUDIO (LIKE MAYBE TRIDENT) IN 1967 TO SHOW OFF THE NEW “PHASING” TECHNIQUE THAT HAD JUST BEEN INVENTED IN ORDER TO SELL THE IDEA TO A MAJOR RECORD COMPANY, SO TAKING EXAMPLES OF MUSIC THAT WOULD FEATURE THIS NEW EFFECT, SO ALL TRACKS HAVE A UNIQUE MIX ONLY ON THIS ALBUM, IT IS ONE SIDED (JUST A SHORT FILM SCORE TYPE MUSIC ON THE OTHER SIDE). THE TRACKS USED
    ARE…

UNKNOWN ARTIST — WIND OF BLUE TUESDAY (AND UNKNOWN BUT EXCELLENT POP PSYCH TRACK - THIS IS THE ONLY TRACK THAT HAS A JUMP ON IT, HERE IS A CLIP… WIND MP3
    SIMON DUPREE AND THE BIG SOUND - KITES (WELL KNOWN POP /PSYCH CLASSIC BUT WITH MUCH MORE PHASING MAKING IT VERY TRIPPY)
    JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE - LITTLE MISS LOVER (UNIQUE PHASED MIX VERSION)
    JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE - AXIS - BOLD AS LOVE (AGAIN A UNIQUE PHASED MIX YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD BEFORE - TILL NOW AXIS MP3
    The Walham Green East Wapping, Carpet Cleaning Rodent And Boggit Exterminating Association - SORRY MR GREEN (A VERY RARE PSYCHEDELIC 45 THAT SELLS FOR OVER £300 AND AGAIN A UNIQUE MIX)

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cragtopper For This Useful Post: