Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383940414243444546474849

Thread: The Hendrix Auction Thread

Thanks

Re: The Hendrix Auction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    I looked through these and there is no way they are "masters" as he states. Many tapes have more than one show on each tape. What is possible though is that some of these are lower generation or perhaps sound better than what generally circulates as we know many of the shows that currently circulate (not all) are from multi generational degraded tapes. So it is possible some of these are lower gen and sound better or as we have sometimes seen a first gen dub can sound better than the master if the master has degraded due to age. Looks like there was a Hendrix collector at the radio station.

Against my better judgement I went ahead and bought one. I bought The MSG 69 show because it had Blaises 66 with Brian Auger listed as filler. I think the date was wrong compared to what is usually discussed but maybe there is something unique on there. I'll let the site know if it is any kind of upgrade or if the Blaises 66 show is legit.
    If it were an american seller I'd buy the Harlem one, just to make sure it isn't something we don't already have.

Thanks

Harlem is around in very low generation, maybe 1st or 2nd. Torrented here. Poor recording, you can see the tapers on the back cover of the Voodoo Soup cd. Just too close to the amps with a cheapo cassette deck, bummer.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MP For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,385 Times in 724 Posts

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ezy Rider For This Useful Post:

Thanks

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rupe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 957 Posts

"That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,229 Times in 957 Posts

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Jimi-Hendrix...p8PJkgInk13qbU

Another interesting item for vinyl collectors.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,887 Times in 326 Posts

I looked through these and there is no way they are "masters" as he states. Many tapes have more than one show on each tape. What is possible though is that some of these are lower generation or perhaps sound better than what generally circulates as we know many of the shows that currently circulate (not all) are from multi generational degraded tapes. So it is possible some of these are lower gen and sound better or as we have sometimes seen a first gen dub can sound better than the master if the master has degraded due to age. Looks like there was a Hendrix collector at the radio station.

Against my better judgement I went ahead and bought one. I bought The MSG 69 show because it had Blaises 66 with Brian Auger listed as filler. I think the date was wrong compared to what is usually discussed but maybe there is something unique on there. I'll let the site know if it is any kind of upgrade or if the Blaises 66 show is legit.
    My apologies I have been a bit busy in recent times, didn't see this when it was posted - but did you receive the tape? Verdict?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 405 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by funkydrummer View Post
    My apologies I have been a bit busy in recent times, didn't see this when it was posted - but did you receive the tape? Verdict?
    Yes I got it. The "Brian Auger" stuff has very little guitar at all on it and what is there doesn't sound much like Jimi . I don't have the capability to tranfer tape to digital. The MSG tape is the same as one of the sources that already circulates and probably about equal soundwise. Belive me your not missing much when it comes to the Brian Auger filler.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by funkydrummer View Post
    Yes I got it. The "Brian Auger" stuff has very little guitar at all on it and what is there doesn't sound much like Jimi . I don't have the capability to tranfer tape to digital. The MSG tape is the same as one of the sources that already circulates and probably about equal soundwise. Belive me your not missing much when it comes to the Brian Auger filler.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Experiencereunited For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,887 Times in 326 Posts

Sounds like you took one for the team! Thank you!

Thanks

If someone would like to convert it pM ne. Again nthing to get too excited about imo... but someone else might think differently.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,779 Times in 1,951 Posts

JIMI HENDRIX AIRLINE TICKET STUB From His Flight To Toronto For Drug Trial (1969). Air Canada ticket stub, serial number "282319618", issued on "24 Nov 69" in Hendrix's name, for a 5pm flight on Dec 6 from JFK, New York, to Toronto, Canada. The stub shows the place of issue "Ardel Travel / Bureau Inc / New York, NY". Measures 7.5" x 3.25". In Very Good Plus condition, with slightly ragged left edge, where the ticket was torn out.

This ticket stub is dated Dec 6, 1969, two days before Jimi Hendrix's appeared in Toronto for his trial for alleged drug possession. The charges dated back to May 3 1969, when Hendrix arrived at Toronto International Airport for a show at Maple Leaf Gardens later that night (see previous lot). When Customs searched his bag, they found two small vials of what they suspected to be heroin and hashish. At his trial, Hendrix explained that he was not aware that the drugs were in his bags, and that fans often slipped gifts to him, sometimes without his knowledge. Much to his relief, Hendrix was acquitted of all charges.

https://entertainment.ha.com/itm/ent...umbnail-071515

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The Jimi Hendrix Experience 1968 Cancelled Spanish Concert Poster (UK)

https://www.tracks.co.uk/product/hen...ert-poster-uk/

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RobbieRadio For This Useful Post: