Here is another document I bought at auction last month.
Searching the internet, I see where the same document was up for sale four years ago for $400, but no takers. Thankfully I paid less than half that.
Anyhow, I'm hoping there is an attorney/arbitrator on this board, perhaps he/she could shed some light as to some of the details.
A few things I find interesting/questionable/etc:
1) The document is an original, not a mimeograph or "Xerox" copy. It is a complete, all attached, "four-sided" legal size document, 8 1/2" X 14".
2) The document appears to be some sort of legal disolution between two parties: John Henry Henroid and Michael Jefferys(sic).
3) Various legal entities/partnerships are mentioned, all including the entities address:
"Sea-Lark Enterprises Corps", "A.Schroeder Music Corp", "Cimino Publications Incorporation", "Radiophon Barkley Limited", "Yameta Clearing House"
4) Some may be familiar with the late "Henri" Henroid (1936-1998), I was not. Based in England, it seems in the 1950's thru the 1980's, Henri was involved with artist management/club management/road management/record production, etc.
5) Henroid was Gene Vincent's manager in the late 50's, early 1960's, and he also booked British bands in Hamburg (Star Club, etc)
6) In his recent book, "Tappy" Wright notes the following people as the principals, or core employees, if you will, at ANIM: "Tappy" himself, Michael Jeffery, Chas Chandler, Tony Garland, and Henri Henroid.
7) It is claimed that it was Henroid who first discovered the Animals and it was he who brought them to the attention of Michael Jeffrey.
8) Under the "assets" section, it is stated that there is $404,000 cash on hand. In today's dollars that is $2,522,000 bucks.
9) The "total assets" figure is $1,800,000 which equates to over $11 million dollars in 2012.
10) At the top it notes there are "five accepting parties" but the number "2" has been typed in over a smudge of "white-out"
11) Why is Michael Jeffery spelled "Michael Jefferys"?
12) I compared the purported Jefferys autograph on this document to the purported Jeffery autograph from the guest sign in at Seabury Hall and they don't look alike.
13) I don't have another John Henry Henroid autograph to compare. The two signatures are with different pens, and the date and location on document scan #4 is the same pen as "Jefferys" used.
14) What exactly is this legal document describing, that took place on April 10, 1969? Thanks.
Attachment 16158Attachment 16159Attachment 16160Attachment 16161
I don't see it as a 'legal' doc...anyone can get a blank dissolution document for filing(anyone that has been divorced(like me) has seen these for sure....there is no indication(stamp of office,order number,etc) as to where this would have been filed...if the signatures are 'real'(I have no idea on this)..I suppose it could hold up in court tho' as any personal drawn up contract could.....it looks as if the doc. got to the preliminary stage, whether it was completed with a filing is unknown(to me).
I can't really tell...wouldn't make sens that someone would sign thier own name wrong...on the other hand, some people do add this or that to indicate(for themselves) a certain meaning.
IE: Jefferys Sea Lark, Henriods Sea Lark
in 1971 both Yameta and Sea Lark(I also see Godiva in there, they are all music publishing companies) in the suit files on the Rubber Dubber guys...that was in Billboard as well...see center column..pretty far down.
[QUOTE=...that's another reason why I see it as a possible 'sketch'..[/QUOTE]
J.Lucas, thank you for your thoughts. I agree with your assessment that this document is a "sketch".
NYC June 28, 1968 - MLK Benefit
Partial shot of Michael, far right
Found this on YouTube over the weekend, I'd never seen some of this footage. Regarding this thread, there's a brief snippet of Jeffery at 32:54.
30:45 - Film shot in a hotel room at the beginning of the 1966 Animals US tour.
The US Animals Publicist (I can't make out her name, it's mentioned) mentions Bob Levine at 31:04 and is generally raking the band over the coals for their disorganization, rudeness, cluelessness, etc.
31:56 - Seems she first mentions Jeffery while speaking to Eric (....."I've given it to Mike and you say he doesn't get back to you....")
Then at 32:35 she pleads (".....then go and talk to Mike, contracts can be broken, talk to the man there must be some way be can have someone assigned for you, I don't think the man's unreasonable......")
There is Hendrix content (film, photo's - all previously seen) and Eric and Zoot talking about Jimi at 44:06.....45:27-47:28.....49:05-51:29)