Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    488
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 352 Times in 85 Posts

    Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DzElPZRHck

    Here's Little Wing studio version joint with the real ending heard in the Axis bonus DVD.
    I think the result is good

  2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gregg For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,450
    Thanks
    883
    Thanked 670 Times in 242 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    As a child, I always longed to hear the ending without the fade out. Thank you!

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Voodoo Kush For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    the link to the vid now is dead, bummer.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to beatrixcrocker23 For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    488
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 352 Times in 85 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by beatrixcrocker23 View Post
    the link to the vid now is dead, bummer.
    Experience Hendrix LCC took it down (copyright violation)...give me your email i can send you the song

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to gregg For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,063
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 331 Times in 133 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    I always thought the solo went longer than it does after the fade out.

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    488
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 352 Times in 85 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Summerisle View Post
    I always thought the solo went longer than it does after the fade out.
    I always wondered that too..but in ''Ultimate Hendrix'' i read that Jimi recorded six different solo takes: maybe one day we'll get the complete session tape of Little Wing (10-28-1967, Olympic Studios)...it would be beautiful to hear that...

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to gregg For This Useful Post:


  12. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    556
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 189 Times in 49 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Only if every single possible studio recording became available online for a fee... its been like 44 years.. just let it happen
    Is the microphone on?

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    488
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 352 Times in 85 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by spyder52 View Post
    Only if every single possible studio recording became available online for a fee... its been like 44 years.. just let it happen
    Yeah they took down the video...you can hear the ending here:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENXDNjROZSM

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to gregg For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,887
    Thanks
    1,397
    Thanked 2,463 Times in 733 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    the longest LW I remember has not only the full 2nd lead but a 3rd one as well...then the tremolo bar dive to end.
    I just can't recall if it was a studio take or live version.
    J.L.

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 14 Times in 10 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Pitched at 432 Hz.

    http://youtu.be/64KaLR-sAzI

    Sounds better to me.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to gunther For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,887
    Thanks
    1,397
    Thanked 2,463 Times in 733 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    The game multi track has the actual Axis studio version without the fade out; it ends with a tremolo bar 'dive'
    after the 2nd complete solo...
    Axis out takes has an alternate Little Wing as well ending with the 'dive'; after the 3rd complete solo.

  19. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Where can I found this track? Could you help me?

  20. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,887
    Thanks
    1,397
    Thanked 2,463 Times in 733 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by junkie1981 View Post
    Where can I found this track? Could you help me?
    Both have 3 solos and end with the tremolo bar 'dive'
    Little Wing-version2(86mb)
    from game multis
    https://mega.nz/#!CUUX2KSD!vEVFGSb7E...lmRfBQcuxpXUxg

    From the Axis Outtakes 2CD or 66/67 Sessions Set
    Little Wing-Instrumental(25mb)
    https://mega.nz/#!vBVmlJxQ!v_QLmSXQU...E6j6k9IIKNz2hk

  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Thank you, thank you, thank you. :-)

  23. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    503
    Thanks
    239
    Thanked 221 Times in 81 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    I have a copy of this version of Little Wing. I always wondered for years how it all went down after the fade out. I was kind of disappointed actually. It just kind of ends abruptly. No wonder Chas and company simply decided to fade it out.

  24. #16
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    170
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 458 Times in 49 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    from game multis
    Maybe I'm too old, but I'm not sure what that means, "game multis"?? Does that means this is sourced from some video game or ???
    Also, would these 2 versions be what is indexed in JimPress as (16) recorded on 25 Oct 1967?
    In any case, thanks from an old (and getting older) man! :-)

  25. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,887
    Thanks
    1,397
    Thanked 2,463 Times in 733 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by dajchance View Post
    Maybe I'm too old, but I'm not sure what that means, "game multis"?? Does that means this is sourced from some video game or ???
    It's kind of a long story....but basically in 2010 when EH signed on with SONY...EH released a number of JH multi tracks to be used in Harmonix(these were remixed by Harmonix to 'fit' into their format with the game) Guitar Hero video game...I think it was the World Tour edition...the game itself had 2 JH tracks that people could try and play then they released 3 'paks' people could purchase and download each containing 3 songs....then when Harmonix abandoned Guitar Hero to start the Rockband(video game) 3(I think) ...they continued the release of JH 'paks'...and a few single track releases...there was a 'Are You Experienced', 'Axis:Bold As Love' and a 'Jimi Hendrix' paks.....when Rockband upgraded to Rockband 4...all but the JH tracks could be used in the game...total released tracks is 33.
    There were rumors of a 'Electric Ladyland' pak which never happened and the release of JH tracks stopped at that time.
    In the long run the 'game multitracks'...were ripped individually by people that liked making 'mash ups'...many were available on mash up sites but were taken down by Harmonix(some on the same day they were posted)...the thing was that since the tracks could not be hacked from the game(still can't hack the Rockband 3) and since the rippers did each...track by track...most were out of synch.
    It was Funky Drummer who under took the massive task of re-synching all of them and even added a few more separations and mixes to them.
    some of the tracks were so out of synch...you couldn't even listen to them
    So bottom line is they are sourced from original JH multi tracks...but they were re formatted by Harmonix.
    There is/was a thread(s) here from the time it was ongoing if you would like to catch up on the whole story
    it's been locked for a while now.
    http://crosstowntorrents.org/showthr...x+multi+tracks

    Audacity or Reaper...any multi track recorder/player program is required to mix or just listen to the tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dajchance View Post
    Also, would these 2 versions be what is indexed in JimPress as (16) recorded on 25 Oct 1967?
    In any case, thanks from an old (and getting older) man! :-)
    This is the date that the Studio Sessions 66-67 set has:
    October 25, 1967 - Olympic Studios, London
    8. Little Wing - safe stereo mix
    9. Little Wing - alternate instrumental take
    NOTE: being that the 'Little Wing' version(which actually is an early instrumental of Angel...very similar in style(hard sounding) to the instrumental version of Little Wing on the 25th) there was speculation that they may have been connected due to Jimi's hand written lyrical draft of 'My Angel Catherina(Return Of Little Wing)

  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:


  27. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,887
    Thanks
    1,397
    Thanked 2,463 Times in 733 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle carmi View Post
    I have a copy of this version of Little Wing. I always wondered for years how it all went down after the fade out. I was kind of disappointed actually. It just kind of ends abruptly. No wonder Chas and company simply decided to fade it out.
    When JH played it live in the beginning...he played the 3 solos and did the tremolo dive to end it.
    ..just like the early studio recordings.
    3 weeks later(recording) still played the 3 solos but added the descending chords(Em, Eb) but no outro yet..to end it.
    Then one week later the 3 solos, the descending chords and the end add lib shows up.
    Finally by Sept '68 the song has finished transforming into the now familiar 2 solos, descending chord and outro lead.
    The compilation below is a nice set to hear the 'evolution' of this song.
    Ending with the Albert Hall '69 performance.

    Earliest Live recording of Little Wing(that I have)21mb FLAC
    https://mega.nz/#!TQE1DagB!71c6dHfgUpfvkKuiZio5lCZqsBzL4k_ANpZqQh0 g34w

    This was taken from the below collection(Charlie C.) and was on JPIO.

    NOTE: I added the Vancouver track after it appeared here on CTT last year and
    also threw in the 2 game multi versions(Funky Drummer) to make it a bit more complete for my collection.



    Complete Little Wing Collection(558mb)FLAC
    https://mega.nz/#!bJUnkKhT!rJfUI_yb4...rqXZKVbT7-EWw8
    Last edited by J.Lucas; 12-30-15 at 07:35 PM.

  28. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:


  29. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    70
    Thanked 21 Times in 7 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Quote Originally Posted by J.Lucas View Post
    When JH played it live in the beginning...he played the 3 solos and did the tremolo dive to end it.
    ..just like the early studio recordings.
    3 weeks later(recording) still played the 3 solos but added the descending chords(Em, Eb) but no outro yet..to end it.
    Then one week later the 3 solos, the descending chords and the end add lib shows up.
    Finally by Sept '68 the song has finished transforming into the now familiar 2 solos, descending chord and outro lead.
    The compilation below is a nice set to hear the 'evolution' of this song.
    Ending with the Albert Hall '69 performance.

    Earliest Live recording of Little Wing(that I have)21mb FLAC
    https://mega.nz/#!TQE1DagB!71c6dHfgUpfvkKuiZio5lCZqsBzL4k_ANpZqQh0 g34w

    This was taken from the below collection(Charlie C.) and was on JPIO.

    NOTE: I added the Vancouver track after it appeared here on CTT last year and
    also threw in the 2 game multi versions(Funky Drummer) to make it a bit more complete for my collection.



    Complete Little Wing Collection(558mb)FLAC
    https://mega.nz/#!bJUnkKhT!rJfUI_yb4...rqXZKVbT7-EWw8
    "Little wing collection" an excelent idea. this would be used for others Jimi´s classics songs too

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to nico67 For This Useful Post:


  31. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,887
    Thanks
    1,397
    Thanked 2,463 Times in 733 Posts

    Re: Little Wing Without Fade Out!

    Acoustic Little Wing

  32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to J.Lucas For This Useful Post:


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBitty (VBTT) 4 for XBT v1.1 CUSTOM by Toolmanwill