Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: hendrix on blu-spec cd

Thanks

hendrix on blu-spec cd

this japanese site is selling jimi hendrix on blu-spec.its a new cd format.i currently have one,scorpions taken by force.this format is almost as good as sacd.very good dynamics.well worth the money.this will be the best sounding digital hendrix released so far.
    http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/search3.htm...20&order=score

i'm not bullshitting guys this format,which plays on all cd players is fantastic.i'm a vinyl guy big time but this blue spec will make jimi's music sound very good.

Thanks

Re: hendrix on blu-spec cd

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/digitalmusic...care-49301249/
    "...unlike Super Audio CD -- a modern format that's physically more capable of storing significantly higher-quality audio -- Blu-spec CDs use standard 16-bit, 44KHz audio encoding, so you're not gaining additional sonic data.
    Secondly, Blu-spec CD is really just a fancy way of saying 'improved error correction'. The CD format already incorporates decent error correction (called 'Cross-Interleaved Reed-Solomon Coding', which everyone knows, stupid), and computer-based CD rippers like Exact Audio Copy build on this with advanced software-based error correction. "

Unfortanetly, it looks like you're experiencing nothing more than a placebo effect.

Thanks

i have one of these discs and it sounds MUCH better than standard.if you think 44khz 16bit cant sound better than it does.why do they make expensive cd players ? DUH! do you even have one of these discs? if you want to argue when you don't even own one of these discs then whose the stupid one? this disc format is blue spec 2.which is brand new format and if its better than blue spec one its going to be very good..this release of hendrix is going to be amazing.since they refuse to release jimi on sacd or dvd audio,its the next best thing in the digital world,its not gonna sound exactly the same as standard cds.
    Last edited by donniewn; 10-28-12 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks

Another qute from the same site
    My Cheap Trick Blu-Spec CD, came though my post today, and i was completly blown away of the experince, it better quality than listening to your mp3 or ipod and it like DAB, it like Complete HD For CDs, you hear more backing than normal CDs, quick reading, the cost is over £25+ but it is so worth it.
    Better than MP3`s.....................must be good then!
    "Fucking Hell, I Broke a String!!"
    1968 Voodoo Chile sessions.

Thanks

But even standard CD is better than mp3....

Thanks

i know most of you guys here don't run vinyl,so if you want to hear jimi in the best possible fidelity,then jump on these discs because cdjapan has a knack of short runs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donniewn View Post
    i have one of these discs and it sounds MUCH better than standard.
    You can buy them if you want, but just know that it contains the exact same audio files found on other cds, just burned differently.

Thanks

for those of us with ears and can judge for ourselves (*Blu-spec CD2 is the next generation Compact Disc that employs the Phase Transition Mastering, the technology developed for mastering of Blu-ray discs, to further perfect the acclaimed characteristics of Blu-spec CD. Fully compatible with standard CD players, Blu-spec CD2 completely alters the experience of music.)-.....a different mastering process as i read it. this is a japanese physics technology.., a blue laser is used for recording the pits on the CD master that is needed for disc replication. The blue laser creates more precise pits, causing less distortion in the optical read-out process.

Thanks

If you really want to eliminate all disc errors, which blu-spec only promises to lessen, not eliminate, just buy a lossless digital download.

Thanks

sceptical aye? well if blu-ray disc reduces distortion in the master then the sound is improved right? hard to argue as i have already told you the sound is an improvement but you doubt me mr audio scientist.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 559 Posts

I think it is a placebo effect. Even if there actually is a difference, I'd say it is practically undetectable for the human ear. A real audiophile nutter with a super duper home system might sit there in a state of deep concentration on the edge of his chair and detect a little something (or even hear the tape hiss more clearly?). It's even practically impossible to tell the difference between high quality MP3s and CDs. Just turn it up and listen to the music.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purple jim View Post
    I think it is a placebo effect. Even if there actually is a difference, I'd say it is practically undetectable for the human ear. A real audiophile nutter with a super duper home system might sit there in a state of deep concentration on the edge of his chair and detect a little something (or even hear the tape hiss more clearly?). It's even practically impossible to tell the difference between high quality MP3s and CDs. Just turn it up and listen to the music.
    Maybe you are one of those guys who can't hear the difference,you think mp3s sound the same as CDs.bla bla bla the argument goes on...I can hear the difference and a lot of other people would agree with me.so for those people with good ears check it out you won't regret it.

Thanks

sceptical aye? well if blu-ray disc reduces distortion in the master then the sound is improved right? hard to argue as i have already told you the sound is an improvement but you doubt me mr audio scientist.
    Well, blu-ray videos are a different story, they are not only burned differently, they actually contain a different video and audio fromat than DVD, with higher resolution video and higher bitrate audio with more channels.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,228 Times in 382 Posts

If you wanted to make a point make one we can verify.

Since these new type discs play on any cd player, i'd say you could rip a disc of this format and compare it to a rip of a standard cd.
    If you then have difference, as in more frequency response etc., you have a point.

I for one would be very curious about such a direct comparison.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 823 Posts

peoples - donniewn has repeatedly declared he can hear an improvement. 'nuff said.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    peoples - donniewn has repeatedly declared he can hear an improvement. 'nuff said.
    "Fucking Hell, I Broke a String!!"
    1968 Voodoo Chile sessions.

Thanks

according to the website:better master disc =better sound

Thanks

according to the website:better master disc =better sound
    donniewn,

That usually only applies to vinyl. The master disc for vinyl is "pressed" a little deeper allowing a better signal to noise ratio and better dynamics in turn to be used by the cartridge . I agree with the others as it's more likely a gimmick due to the fact if this were a legitimate leap forward in CD playback I would have read about it on my high end audio forums! Yes I am an audiophile! Why don't we begin with the name "blue-spec, really? Hey, let's take advantage of the name "Blu-Ray", a format which by the way carries "lossless audio on the disc. CD does not! There can be no real sonic improvement if it is still the same 16 bit 44KHz? Perhaps you're hearing a "placebo effect" disc when compared to the standard disc? Is the "blue spec" disc quieter? You have played both the standard and the newer back to back to compare? We have not even gone into the argument of is 24/96 sonically better that 16/44. If they were released as 24/96 I would give your post a bit more credit. Can you list your playback equipment please starting from your source player? It would also help if you added room dimenstions, sound treatment,etc. Finally list the "differences sonically as to what you are hearing versus "an improvement"? Where in the overall sonics of the disc are there differences? Lower noise floor, better stereo seperation,etc? Oh and by the way your standard CD player doesn't have a "blue laser" to read the improved sound! Or are you playing this CD through a Blu Ray spec unit which has a different laser pickup system than the standard CD player. I'll show you mine you show me yours?

Playback source units below

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sharpstat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What CD player is that ? Looks amazing !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ranasakawa View Post
    What CD player is that ? Looks amazing !
    It's an Ayre CX-7e. For guys that like vinyl and have tables usually like this CD player.