Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hendrix on blu-spec cd

Thanks

Re: hendrix on blu-spec cd

great cd player.im looking at the nad m3.although the mac/dac combo sounds real good. here is my system :
    linn bookshelfs,175 watt manley tube beasts,rega p3 with dynavector 10x5,panamax power filter,mac c28 preamp,pioneer sacd player.cambridge dac and phono preamp.Attachment 17608Attachment 17609
    Last edited by donniewn; 11-05-12 at 02:54 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to donniewn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

as for the blue-spec cds,they are an improvement until i get a really good cd player.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,158 Times in 927 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donniewn View Post
    as for the blue-spec cds,they are an improvement until i get a really good cd player.
    I upgraded my speakers and it improved my sound like i find hard to believe.
    I was thinking of replacing my very old cd player but now find that i don't need to.
    I picked up a pair of harbeth 30.1's. Try this make out at your dealers before you invest in a new cd plyer or tt or anything else for that matter. Just make sure you match the speaker (size) to your listening space.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

just paid 1600 for the linns,they sound decent.i was thinking good speaker wires would be my next investment,what do you run for speaker cables?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donniewn View Post
    just paid 1600 for the linns,they sound decent.i was thinking good speaker wires would be my next investment,what do you run for speaker cables?
    I have a couple of sets. Right now i'm using the chord set. A little brighter (i'm told) than my spiroflex. I hear no difference at all.
    The thing about the Harbeth speakers, they don't need expensive cabling or stands (Stands just need to be the correct height). I only bought new cable when I got the speakers as I needed longer lengths for the re-position. I guess I could have saved here but I did get a big, and I mean big discount on them.

If you are going to spend on cable, make sure you get your dealer to sat up a real A/B test for these, no way can any difference be heard between most cables unless in an instant switchable A/B test. Stoping to switch cables on theset up is not acceptable testing!
    If you have money to spend, look at something else to tweek in the set up I bet it will give bigger and better return. The cart on the TT for instance.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i borrowed a set of alpha-core cables from a friend.sound is so musical and full now.big sound improvement.for 300 bucks i will be invensting in a pair of these. here is a link to the site.good price for a real improvement. http://www.thecableco.com/Product/MI-2-Veracity-Bi-Wire
    i looked at those spiroflex wires.priced about the same as the alpha-cores.wish i could compare.
    Attachment 17610

Thanks

Chord company odyssey speaker cable
    I just do not believe that cable makes for such a big difference. To get a difference like you say you would need to spend a vast amount of money on the upgrade, more than is worth the effort really.
    Have a think, try out a new cart' on the TT, i know you will hear a BIG difference in that respect, not a percived one.
    And to repeat, any cable A/B'ing MUST be done in a way that instantly switches between the cables being tested without pause, foot or hand switch is fine. That is the only way to know if any difference can be heard between cables of similar price.

Thanks

damn i wish they would bring back reel to reel prerecorded tapes.i heard this is actually as close as you can get to actual studio sound.15 IPS is insane from what iv'e read.but yeah i'm looking at a benz MC upgrade sometime in the future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    You can buy them if you want, but just know that it contains the exact same audio files found on other cds, just burned differently.
    Also important : a good headphone

Thanks

hendrix blue-spec postponed.i have no further information on this release.maybe janie put the brakes on it.maybe the quality is too good for our ears.

Thanks

These Blu-Specs are up on HMV Japan. I just ordered one, though they say they are coming soon ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mixy69 View Post
    These Blu-Specs are up on HMV Japan. I just ordered one, though they say they are coming soon ...

Let us know how the shape up against the regular CD, thanks.

Thanks

Will do.

Thanks

So, after months of waiting a box with the BLU-SPEC CD's arrived !
    They look great, and I finally have the JAPANESE lyrics to all Hendrix songs !
    They sound good too, but I will have to test a little more if it is really an improvement.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bolexje For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,616 Times in 2,464 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bolexje View Post
    So, after months of waiting a box with the BLU-SPEC CD's arrived ! [...]
    They look great, and I finally have the JAPANESE lyrics to all Hendrix songs !
    Funny man! , sorry about the edit, LOL

Thanks

My first impression after listening to Axis and Valleys of Neptune, is that the Blu-Spec sounds better ( compared to the latest Sony release of both CD's ): more depth, an 'easier' listen. Now this could be that I'm just impressed by the detail in the artwork, but innocent bystanders have also in both cases pointed out the Blu-Spec CD to sound better, without me saying which was which.
    But : don't take my word for it, I would be interested in other people's opinion on this, especially of people who will actually listen to both.

Thanks

If I see them I may get one and check it out.

What are you using to play this back on? Is it the same set up as you are using for the CD issue?

Thanks. FF

Thanks

i got the band of gypsys CD blue-spec,it has very good sound,really good dynamic range.no complaints here.sacd hendrix would be even better,but i doubt that will ever happen.

Thanks

But mastering is the only thing that matters. If it's mastered by George Marino, forget it! I don't believe that they have new masters.

Thanks

Mastering? Well its whatever the CLIENT wants often as not.

Just wondering what the set up is for the playback of these disc's and if whatever is put up against them is on the same system, the exact same system. Also was the test done "blind"?
    Just wondering how level the playing field is and how unbias the listener is :-)