Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Problems connecting to CTT?

Thanks

Re: Problems connecting to CTT?

I'm just wondering why none of my stuff is no longer seeding. I've got a couple things I keep in there. Actually it just doesn't seem like I'm getting any points anymore.

Thanks

Terrible trouble logging onto CTT these last few weeks. A Jimi-less evening is definitely not what the doctor ordered. Anybody else having this problem?
    Flushed the DNS and the other stuff - now using the numbers instead of the address to access, and hoping to restore my daily Jimi fix!
    Ta in advance for any feedback!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jdthebrit For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, I would say I cannot connect 50% of the time since I joined. Frustrating as this is easily the best Jimi site I've seen for detailed info and knowledgable posters.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,511 Times in 285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewRisingSun1 View Post
    Yes, I would say I cannot connect 50% of the time since I joined. Frustrating as this is easily the best Jimi site I've seen for detailed info and knowledgable posters.
    Indeed it is a great site, and I am very grateful it exists, but things have never been the same since the change of server.
    Having solved one connection problem (with the help of members, as in earlier this very thread), a couple of months down the track I have another...
    Now can't seed because I am getting a "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" message in uTorrent in Win.

Anyone had this one recently?

Thanks

I can t connect to the site at times, and now I cant even download anything, while yesterday I could. And It is not a ratio issue, since I am still over 0. 50.
    A Great site, but seems to work only about 6 hours a day for me.

Thanks

Well, the tracker server is down since a number of hours and that might explain some of your issues...
    SEEDING 0 CTT TORRENTS

Thanks
    Thanked 3,511 Times in 285 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Cherusken View Post
    Well, the tracker server is down since a number of hours and that might explain some of your issues...
    Ah ha! That would explain it - thanks Herman I didn't know!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

At the bottom of the main page (below the chatbox if you have it viewed and not hidden) there is a section labeled 'What's Going On' with site/tracker statistics displayed. Here you will find a message that informs one if the tracker is online or offline. For me it has been offline for a few days now. All of my CTT torrents are red.
    "Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MourningStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's kinda strange MourningStar, mine were nice and green yesterday and the day before, and even the day before that. But one strange thing I have noticed over the last couple of weeks, is how the tracker has been taking a brief dive for a few seconds to a minute on a number of occasions, with the torrents going red but more or less right back to green again. Don't know what that indicates, more than as a sign of some issue with the tracker...
    SEEDING 0 CTT TORRENTS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 761 Posts

^
    I also have noticed odd behavior. In my case there are times when the tracker is 'online' but a few of my CTT torrents turn red for hours, some for days, then go green again. Additionally, it is not always the same torrents this happens to. I agree that these anomalies indicate more than just tracker issues. For example (these are issues with only me I hope) :

1. the photo attachment issue of past remains.

2. I do not see my avatar displayed next to my username, just a small box with an 'x' within.

3. all of the post editing options menus for new/reply/advanced reply are completely gone.

Also, from previous discussions, tracker issues are experienced differently based on one's location, geographically-speaking.

"Watch Out For Your Ears!"

"We don't want to be classed in any category" - HENDRIX

“If you can play, you can play anything. I don’t like classifications.” - Buddy Rich

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MourningStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Unhappy Re: Problems connecting to CTT?

Downloaded one torrent - Flamingo 67 ok, but has not been counted into my ratio.
    The other ones I tried - no luck.

There are two shows I would rerally like to get this week - do not know how/if I will get them with these problems, as I expect I will not be able to connect to the site in a few hours - as usual
    Last edited by Poetry; 02-03-14 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Added information

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Downloaded one torrent - Flamingo 67 ok, but has not been counted into my ratio.
    The other ones I tried - no luck.

There are two shows I would rerally like to get this week - do not know how/if I will get them with these problems, as I expect I will not be able to connect to the site in a few hours - as usual
    as usual since you joined the site on .................................... 23-1-14, lol

a whole 20 days!!!!
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

Thanks

Ok, you are right if you count the actual days. However, since I can only connect for a few hours a day, it does get frustrating. I better will only write about the music here, as I do not want to look ungrateful and be told off. This is a great site, that is why it bugs me .
    P.S. Not a connection problem, but to expand on my idea - what about a separate reviews section? I like reviewing, and would love to do reviews and share ideas and opinions about shows that are available on bootlegs in one place. So where could I post them , if possible?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,999 Times in 855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry View Post
    Ok, you are right if you count the actual days. However, since I can only connect for a few hours a day, it does get frustrating. I better will only write about the music here, as I do not want to look ungrateful and be told off. This is a great site, that is why it bugs me .
    P.S. Not a connection problem, but to expand on my idea - what about a separate reviews section? I like reviewing, and would love to do reviews and share ideas and opinions about shows that are available on bootlegs in one place. So where could I post them , if possible?
    i and others fully understand your frustration with connection issues. i just found a little bit of fun in your comment, keep on saying what your saying.

reviews are more than welcome, use the third stone section but you may want to place reviews in more specific threads if it suits. I.E. live shows in the relevant live show, your choice really. it can always be moved if needs be.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was able to connect at a time I was not before - great .
    Hopefully I will also be able to download/seed again, as I still cant and I usually get no incoming connections info.
    But at least one halothe problem is over, it seems.

Thanks

The tracker is down again...
    SEEDING 0 CTT TORRENTS

Thanks

Well, the tracker is down yet again. Lol, please don't shoot the messenger...
    SEEDING 0 CTT TORRENTS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,713 Times in 219 Posts

I had no problems accessing this page for 6 years. Since a few weeks I can reach CTT only from time to time.
    I've tried now TORbrowser and there is no problem with the connection to CTT.
    I don't know why, but maybe it can help other members with the same problem.

https://www.torproject.org/index.html.en

23. The Following User Says Thank You to okla70homa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When you are on the Tor network be careful what you search for!!
    I use it for access to the Pirate only, Stay away from the "Dark Net"
    "Fucking Hell, I Broke a String!!"
    1968 Voodoo Chile sessions.

Thanks

This is how the top of this thread looks in my Browser at the moment
    (I'm still able to connect only for a couple of hours daily).
    The pencil in red is by me, of course....