Page 1 of 17 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: RAH Lawsuit

Thanks

RAH Lawsuit

The estate may proceed with the lawsuit.
    http://wavenewspapers.com/arts_and_e...tml?TNNoMobile

Thanks
    Thanked 1,331 Times in 469 Posts

Re: RAH Lawsuit

I always thought they had the Strasbourg, France show and this certainly says they do. The quote definately leads one to believe they have both Vienna shows, the Strasbourg show and the Berlin show. A bone of contentiion over the years because of vague references to "we have the 3 shows before RAH". A pessimistic view of those quotes would say they had Berlin plus the 2 Viena shows. But this appears to take the optimistic view that they have the 3 nights before RAH one of which was the 2 show Vienna night and this actually means they really have 4 shows before RAH. 40,000 feet of footage? Does anyone know what that equates to in time?

Plus lets not forget the many references to the Speak Easy Jam after RAH on 2-24 they have.

Held up because Sony only agreed to show the movie in 6 theaters. Are you frigging serious?? People never cease to amaze me.

Thanks

I'm convinced Goldstein doesn't want the film released. The same mentality that some collectors have by not sharing the stuff. They want to die with it?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sharpstat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This sounds like great news. I have been a Jimi fan for over 30 years, and have read most books about him and I didn't know that they also shot those shows before the London one. Lets hope EH wins this and wins it soon, not in ten years time. I have gone on Wikipedia, and they say 16mm film is 11minutes per 400 feet of film, so with my crap math skills I think this equals about 18 hours of film!! This is beyond my wildest dreams. Here's hoping!!

Thanks

Vienna already = 2 of my favorite shows even with only the aud sources we have. The idea of pristine copies of these is mind boggling. Plus the completely unknown show from France before Berlin who knows what lies inside of it.?! Most reviews of the Berlin show are hmmm... so maybe no biggie there and the current aud source leaves much to be desired. Although for the record 2-18-1969 is much maligned among traders when imho large chunks of that show are actually excellant so maybe with a clean professional source for Berlin who knows? Well at least we have PHA and hopefully Miami to tie us over until this extradinary chunck of JHE European history finally gets the release treatmement it desrves.

Thanks

If I read correctly, even if EH "wins" this lawsuit, the film can still be held up and they
    only get the rights to release audio from those concerts.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,836 Times in 856 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RasFreeman View Post
    If I read correctly, even if EH "wins" this lawsuit, the film can still be held up and they
    only get the rights to release audio from those concerts.
    Yeah..you read it correctly......it has nothing to do with getting the films released....EH just wants their money back because Goldstein pulled out of the deal..........

"Their suit asks that Goldstein return all money the estate contributed to the film project and requests that the judge declare that the heirs own the movie’s soundtrack rights."

So if EH wins we get a RAH live album coming out....no film....
    the film is a dead issue.....it has been for awhile.....we are only going to get the film if Sony/EH offers Goldstein a percentage of the DVD/Blu-Ray releases(which surely would follow the theatrical release; which I'm assuming would be a digital release like they did with Woodstock....)
    we knew almost 2/3 years ago(didn't we?) that the 'deal' fell thru....after EH signed on with Sony/Legacy
    J.L.

Thanks

Still hoping for a lot of this film in my lifetime. More than just 2-24 which we already have a good chunk of. (Albeit in washed out colors and with some weird effects) Your raining on my day Jlucas

Thanks
    Thanked 1,663 Times in 574 Posts

This is bad news for the film. It doesn't look like we will see the footage soon. If EH are no longer involved with the film, God knows what Goldstein will do with it.
    Also, if EH win the rights to "the soundtrack", that might just mean RAH (which we have already been listening to for 40 odd years) and not all the recorded concert material (Strasbourg, Vienna, Berlin,...) in the Goldstein vault.

Thanks

What a bloody tragedy ! I am very disulusioned with this dispute over what could be the greatest find of Jimi Hendrix ever. Experience Hendrix should employ a 3rd party who is not involved with either group to sort this out once and for all.
    i want to hear and SEE this happen soon not in another 20 years.

Thanks

I suppose that we can only hope that the movie with André 3000 does very well at the box office, which could incite Goldstein to capitalize on the media buzz and put out his own film.

Thanks

One owns the film and one owns the music. I would think the 2 million dollars he would have to give to Janie might be the thing that breaks Goldstien. The whole thing is coming together fast i think we will see the whole thing very soon. 18 hour`s of unseen Hendrix film for $99. Some kind of box set would be nice.

Thanks

I remember a bucketlist I made eons ago, to see the complete Monterey & Woodstock performances, these have been fullfilled and then some,I long ago gave up seeing RAH in my lifetime and sadly the clock is ticking , as others have noted it seems EH are content just to hold the audio rights,are there dvd players in the afterlife ?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to buffalorattle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,017 Posts

Not read the article yet.So a question based on your posts.
    If EH win the out right rights to the soundtrack they can release it with out anyone else being involved, in short they make some money off of this forever and a day.
    That leaves a film which wont be released as a silent film. Makes the footage invaluable to whoever owns it.

So who in their right mind would want to give back a shit load of money and end up with what would be worthless footage?

Something is going to give and give soon. EH would be quite happy to begin releasing this as audio, we would also certainly see, sorry hear :-), the complete 18th show for sure if we go down this route.

The only way any of this footage could be used would be short clips with overdubs from elsewhere in overviews, doc's etc. That would not bring in anything like the revinue they have a chance of realising here.
    "That's the best news I ever heard" Bob Dylan

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Fenders Fingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for posting the link. Its nice to at least know what has been going on.
    Cheeses of Lazarus! What a sorry mess.
    So basically, if I have understood this correctly, Goldstein is still blocking the release of the film.
    EH has been trying to bring him to court to move it forward (possibly with the a dual intention to 1. either get their invested money back OR 2. perhaps hoping that to avoid the hassle of another court case which he might lose, he might compromise). And what a huckster Goldstein is looking, even succesfully managing to get his lawyers to block this attempt to bring the stand-off to court way back in
    May 2011!!? :-o
    Well, at least he was unsuccesfull in doing the same thing again.
    Maybe the fear of having to pay out two million dollars will make him reconsider getting the film released. I live in hope.
    Being fifty-five years old , I still entertain the hope that maybe I will outlive Goldstein and then perhaps we who have survived that long will get to see it.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mysticbumwipe For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wallybag View Post
    18 hour`s of unseen Hendrix film
    It's more like 7 hours I think (at 24 fps).
    http://www.scenesavers.com/tls_film.htm

Thanks
    Thanked 6,294 Times in 2,743 Posts

They haven't even been awarded the right to release the audio YET!
    Goldstein is a vindictive, unscrupulous c*nt look what he did to War.
    Last edited by stplsd; 02-01-13 at 02:47 PM.
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stplsd For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by purple jim View Post
    It's more like 7 hours I think (at 24 fps).
    http://www.scenesavers.com/tls_film.htm
    No, I'm wrong, the "40 000 feet" would include the multi-angle camera footage of course.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stplsd View Post
    Goldstein is a vindictive, unscrupulous c*nt look what he did to War.
    ...and Sly!

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to purple jim For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,836 Times in 856 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Experiencereunited View Post
    ....... Your raining on my day Jlucas

Sorry...just being realistic....
    We'll see what happens at the settlement meeting today(hopefully)
    J.L.