Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamminjimi Resyncs/Overdubs

Thanks
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 97 Posts

Re: Jamminjimi Resyncs/Overdubs

Quote Originally Posted by Steev View Post
    I thanked u all earlier B4 I heard it (in anticipation)
    It is simply quite stunning. JJ (also anticipating him joining the masses here) you even followed the video glitches with their audio counterparts ! ! !
    I've never been so happy to see "cut" Hendrix B4.
    A humble bow 4 the intricate "surgery" my good Doctor.
    And a HUGE

Haha, yes, we already have a guy who made some excellent work
    with transfering Jimi's vinyl stuff and is called Professor Stoned (Prof.Stoned).
    I think we should call our new video "guru" Doctor JJ (DrJJ ?) as a special
    title given out of affection from Jimi's fans. :-)

Thanks

Yes this is really nice watching

Thanks
    Thanked 4,835 Times in 2,056 Posts

Many thanks to you and jamminjimi.

Thanks

A lot of work went into this and it shows. Really terrific work with the existing footage. A very enjoyable Experience. Hats off to Jamminjimi!!! and thanks Starchild for posting this!!!

Thanks

Many thanks to jamminjimi & starchild, check out jamminjimi on youtube he also has a resynch of Baltimore as well as Gothenburg

Thanks

Thank you very much for this everyone and a big thanks goes to our amigo "JJ" as, I for one know how tough this can be from a past exp with a Meat Puppets show I taped on my D6 and a friend typed on a hi-8..I tried for months to get the two to match up and gave up. Funny thing is we were both not even 5 feet from the stage but sound and light....etc...
    Tahnk You very much!!!

Thanks

Hopefully jamminjimi will give the rest of his excellent work to starchild or someone to upload here, he has done much more, esp the stora scenen 1970 show, check it out on youtube

Thanks

Wink Re: Jamminjimi Resyncs/Overdubs

Thanx one more !!!
    "For Those About To Rock, I Salute You !!"

Last edited by Rafaelix; 10-19-08 at 11:25 PM.

Thanks

amazing stuff, that guy have some talent

Thanks

Jamminjimi's work on these has been excellent, I know from experience that syncing small clips is both fun and difficult/tedious. But it brings up a question.

Most of these transfers look very primitive, transferred to VHS or filmed from a screen. 8mm film can be transferred direct to DVD, nowadays even in HD. The quality difference is amazing. Something like Newport from the original reels would look breathtaking.

I have transferred, restored, and synced about 60 8mm films and a few 16mm films, although none from Jimi. I don't know his visuals that well. Some of mine were even sold part of official boxed sets.

This direct to DVD transfer has been done for genesis, floyd, zeppelin, kiss, and others. Has a similar effort been done for jimi? I guess the big disadvantage is that the filmers for jimi are probably even older, and the films have a bigger chance of being lost or damaged by now.

But I would be willing to do transfers and restoration for free for any originial films for jimi, and then jamminjimi can do his excellent syncs on a nice bright and detailed film. Or at a minimum (as I have done with groups in the past) spread the cost among a group of fans.

Are any 8mm or 16mm jimi films known and accessible? Or are they gone for good?

Thanks

Great job!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,000 Times in 181 Posts

I volunteer!! I'm not good in syncing but I have most of the video and audio in the best available quality, so let me know how I can help!!!

Kees

[quote=kinglerch;9839]
    Most of these transfers look very primitive, transferred to VHS or filmed from a screen. 8mm film can be transferred direct to DVD, nowadays even in HD. The quality difference is amazing. Something like Newport from the original reels would look breathtaking.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kinglerch View Post
    Jamminjimi's work on these has been excellent, I know from experience that syncing small clips is both fun and difficult/tedious. But it brings up a question.

I have transferred, restored, and synced about 60 8mm films and a few 16mm films, although none from Jimi. I don't know his visuals that well. Some of mine were even sold part of official boxed sets.

This direct to DVD transfer has been done for genesis, floyd, zeppelin, kiss, and others. Has a similar effort been done for jimi? I guess the big disadvantage is that the filmers for jimi are probably even older, and the films have a bigger chance of being lost or damaged by now.

But I would be willing to do transfers and restoration for free for any originial films for jimi, and then jamminjimi can do his excellent syncs on a nice bright and detailed film. Or at a minimum (as I have done with groups in the past) spread the cost among a group of fans.

Are any 8mm or 16mm jimi films known and accessible? Or are they gone for good?
    Experience Hendrix probally has some of them, and the rest are probally very hard to find since as you stated the linage is very long so it would probally be hard to trace it back to the source :-/.
    But a proper frame-by-frame transfer would rock so the work would totally be worth it...!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,245 Times in 528 Posts

Cool poster, Kronblom ...was that Peps Persson as support perhaps? Eller inte?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dino77 View Post
    Cool poster, Kronblom ...was that Peps Persson as support perhaps? Eller inte?
    Yea, thats him "Oh Boy!"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kees1954 View Post
    I volunteer!! I'm not good in syncing but I have most of the video and audio in the best available quality, so let me know how I can help!!!
    That's the big problem. "best available" is not directly from the film reels. If any 8mm or 16mm film reels could be borrowed for just a few weeks, a tremendous upgrade could be hatched.

Quote Originally Posted by heyyo View Post
    Experience Hendrix probally has some of them, and the rest are probally very hard to find since as you stated the linage is very long so it would probally be hard to trace it back to the source :-/.
    But a proper frame-by-frame transfer would rock so the work would totally be worth it...!
    I think you are correct, but I was pleasantly surprised to see there were so many 8mm films taken by fans. If any of these can be found, a frame-by-frame transfer, with control of detail and light balance, would be the ultimate goal.

Keep your eyes out!

Thanks

Thanks Starchild, looks great to me.

Thanks

Last edited by Milan; 11-29-08 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks

WHAT A TREAT! Experience Hendrix inc. should get off their arse and offer this man a job. I mean look at the state of some of the video's they've put out: the Paris wild thing and the BOG's for instance. Hopefully jamminimi will do more, there's a pile of stuff out there waiting

Thanks

Thanks a lot Starchild for this Superb upload,and jamminjimi for this great work.Must have been a hell of a job,but the result is stunning!!!!
    The Artwork is nice too.So another gem found on Cross Town.Love it!!!!
    Thanks a lot Guys & Keep up the good Work.

Thunderbaas.