Thread: Mega Cloud Storage Site - 50GBs free - From The Maker Of Megaupload

Thanks

Mega Cloud Storage Site - 50GBs free - From The Maker Of Megaupload

Well, Kim Dotcom is up to it again. Back in January he launched a new cloud storage service simply called "Mega" as the next generation to his shut down Megaupload.com. As I know there was a lot of demand for Megaupload, I thought I'd pass the info along:

https://mega.co.nz

http://forbesindia.com/article/cross...dotcom/35285/1

For those who don't know anything about the guy, I also put in the above article from Forbes India. Love him or hate him, he's a pretty interesting character to say the least.

What makes Mega different from Megaupload? From the Forbes article:

Mega is “the Privacy Company”. Unlike Megaupload, everything sent to Mega is encrypted. No one can decrypt those scrambled files except the user—not the FBI, not the Motion Picture Association of America, not even Kim Dotcom. Mega claims to keep the eyes of both authorities and snoops off its users’ files, a libertarian ideal that fits neatly into Dotcom’s personal narrative as a victim of the US government’s overreach into the digital world.

I signed up myself a few days ago and I can confirm that when you upload a file or folder to Mega and click on the "link" icon, you get a VERY long string characters as an encrypted address. I'm just passing along information here, but so far it seems to be a very useful service!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffhmason For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Mega Cloud Storage Site - 50GBs free - From The Maker Of Megaupload

I've been using Mega since January and the only thing that needs some work is when uploading a list of files. The browser sometimes simply stops. For the rest, this service is great, not in the least because of the 50 GB you get for free.

The encryption means, for example, you can't get a direct link to a photo to open up in your browser. However, it should be possible to see a photo when logged in, so that's a nice-to-have.