Thread: The Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment, Kidnap and Murder Experience

Thanks

Re: The Jimi Hendrix Political Harassment, Kidnap and Murder Experience

http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-Eric-Burd...rs-of-All-Time

On the morning of September 18, 1970, Burdon was at the apartment where Jimi Hendrix had fatally overdosed on drugs. He helped Hendrix’s two girlfriends, Monika Danneman and Alvinia Bridges, clean up the place before the cops showed up.

After they had taken the body of Jimi Hendrix to the hospital, where he was DOA, Burdon found on the shag carpet a note written by Hendrix, the final stanza of which read: “The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye. The story of love is hello and goodbye . . . until we meet again.”

About Hendrix’s death, Burdon had been mistakenly quoted as saying Jimi had committed suicide. In the book Burdon clarified that the evils in the record business - his unscrupulous manager, Mike Jeffery, and all the accountants and lawyers had killed Jimi Hendrix.

In a more objective mode, Burdon theorized that Hendrix’s girlfriend, Monika Danneman, hoping to keep Jimi from flying back to America the following day, dosed him with perhaps as many as nine of her strong German sleeping pills, accidentally killing Hendrix. (Hendrix died with a large amount of barbiturates and wine in his system.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Drum View Post
    Anyway Monika then wrote "A couple of months later an insurance investigator exposed the story as complete fiction, but this, like so many other things, was never made public."

I think that line's copied and pasted from Electric Gypsy.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pederpropell View Post
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Is-Eric-Burd...rs-of-All-Time

About Hendrix’s death, Burdon had been mistakenly quoted as saying Jimi had committed suicide. In the book Burdon clarified that the evils in the record business - his unscrupulous manager, Mike Jeffery, and all the accountants and lawyers had killed Jimi Hendrix.
    "Mistakenly quoted."

lol That's funny.

Thanks

More proof bout Elvis from the group Public Enema (Chuck D) (see the vid starting at 2:37). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PaoLy7PHwk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 654 Posts

^
    *** WATCH OUT FOR YOUR EARS !***

“We don’t want to be classed in any category.” -Jimi Hendrix

"If you can play, you can play anything. I don't like classifications." - Buddy Rich

Thanks

want to know what's eerie? the sequence in the Rainbow Bridge film where Jimi is chatting with Pat and Chuck, he recalls a dream where he met Cleopatra inside of a pyramid,
    "The grape chokes me but I can't let the choke come up, *mimics choking and clutches throat* and I said that's groovy grape wine cleo".
    its almost disturbing to see...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 654 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    want to know what's eerie? the sequence in the Rainbow Bridge film where Jimi is chatting with Pat and Chuck, he recalls a dream where he met Cleopatra inside of a pyramid,
    "The grape chokes me but I can't let the choke come up, *mimics choking and clutches throat* and I said that's groovy grape wine cleo".
    its almost disturbing to see...
    was that in the script or improvised?
    *** WATCH OUT FOR YOUR EARS !***

“We don’t want to be classed in any category.” -Jimi Hendrix

"If you can play, you can play anything. I don't like classifications." - Buddy Rich

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    was that in the script or improvised?
    good question, moreso because Mike Jeffery was in charge of the movie, financing it, and it was his idea anyway.

it seems improvised and pretty candid, but Jimi and Mike were both "acid buddies" so who knows the extent of what they could come up with.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MourningStar View Post
    No he was not. Under 6 foot. ...So, yeah, far from "unusually" tall.
    According to his Army medical docs, he was 5'10" at the time of his first physical.

The '69 FBI docs list him as 5'11".

Thanks

Well I can't find the post I wanted to quote from but anyway here is one of several photos of Jimi smiling during the session on the afternoon of Sept 17---

Sorry for the poor & undersized repro, don't know where my other good set is located at present, haven't gone through these old files in awhile and there are over 4000 images stored at Photobucket alone (Laughing Sam has at least 10 times that many, not including the other stuff in his "timeline archives").

29 pictures are know to've been taken that afternoon.

This here scroodle is referenced in Electric Gypsy, surely it's been posted herebouts already but it gets damned tedious sifting through some of these threads time after time, even with the Search feature, sorry--

Thanks
    Thanked 1,615 Times in 607 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    want to know what's eerie? ...

As I have mentioned here on CTT before... Then there is his hand written verse "Drown In Wine...etc" It's in the 'What the man said' thread
    Frank Zappa: "Rock journalism is people who can't write interviewing people who can't talk for people who can't read."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,883 Times in 473 Posts

This thread has 730 comments to date. It just goes to show that people LOVE conspiracy theories

"In a more objective mode, Burdon theorized that Hendrix’s girlfriend, Monika Danneman, hoping to keep Jimi from flying back to America the following day, dosed him with perhaps as many as nine of her strong German sleeping pills, accidentally killing Hendrix. (Hendrix died with a large amount of barbiturates and wine in his system.)"

I've always thought this was a plausible theory after finding out about the hissy fit Monika threw at the party the night before. She apparently was very possessive.
    Last edited by RobbieRadio; 06-20-10 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoutship View Post

Like I said, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. People tend to take Kathy Etchingham's 'crazy lying Monika' as the popular view, but, like I said, there's probably some truth to Monika's claims. I think Jimi did do that soulmate rap on her and select her out as the "fair woman" the gypsy foretold. Monika's marriage claims gain a little strength when you see Jimi write of her that way. Would Jimi refer openly in writing to someone whom he had only briefly met as 'his wife' if she was a psycho groupie he was trying to shake? What's even worse is if Jimi is using 'Isabella' as a metaphor for Monika the lyrics sort of speak of a man off "fighting this war for the children of the world and you," which would fit Monika's claim that Jimi was off doing his thing while Monika waited in Europe. Monika would hold a high place in Jimi's life if she existed in his symbolic realm.

It's hard to reconcile Monika as the sensitive, fragile soulmate AND flagrant liar at the same time.

Thanks

^ very intersting

Thanks

the caption for this photo is as follows (I did'nt author it)
    Postcard Jimi Sent To Monika Dannemann's Brother On September 17 1970

Thanks

“’You get used to it,’ Mike told (Tappy). ‘Combat gets to be almost fun when you’re good at it. Just firing them off – pop, pop, pop and they all fall down. It’s like an arcade or something.

“’You forget they’re people, Tappy. When they’re coming over a ridge at you, they’re just targets. The only time it gets difficult is when you have to go up close. There were times in North Africa when I had to creep right into the tents and knife them where they lay sleeping. You could hear the bayonet scrap against their ribs as the blade was pushed in. There was always that squeal and that grind of the knife against the bone.’
    (from Rock Roadie)

(so was Monika really the "only one" Jimi "revealed" his symbologies to? What about Melinda M.? What about Terrain? etc etc)

Love how the guy interviewed for Last 24 Hours tells how Jimi had a packet with 42 more Vesperax tabs in his pocket, suggesting it wasn't suicide.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scrum Drum View Post

It's hard to reconcile Monika as the sensitive, fragile soulmate AND flagrant liar at the same time.

Jimi used this kind of talk on various women, and maybe he was sincere, maybe he was joking. Some of them, like Kirsten Nefer, saw it for what it was, desperation.
    Last edited by dino77; 06-20-10 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoutship View Post
    What about Terrain? etc
    Her name is Emilie Touraine.

http://www.askart.com/AskART/artists...S&artist=86945
    Last edited by dino77; 06-20-10 at 11:23 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pederpropell View Post
    In a more objective mode, Burdon theorized that Hendrix’s girlfriend, Monika Danneman, hoping to keep Jimi from flying back to America the following day, dosed him with perhaps as many as nine of her strong German sleeping pills, accidentally killing Hendrix. (Hendrix died with a large amount of barbiturates and wine in his system.)

Yeah, but you have to put this statement into perspective like anything else. I doubt Burdon said this prior to Monika's death seeing how litigious she was. Plus Monika probably possessed information about Burdon's role he might not want to provoke her into revealing. Why stop the credibility questioning with Burdon? We know he lied about what happened at the flat that morning and made-up a dubious suicide theory, so why take his word now?

There's a lot that says this theory isn't true. I'm going to take the risk and believe the Jeffery confession to Wright is true. I think Wright would pass a lie detector test. (I also think Wright knows a lot more than he's saying as well. I think he might have an idea of who did it, which would explain his waiting so long) So if Jeffery's confession is true then Burdon's latest theory is not. And this theory doesn't account for the wine either. Would Monika try to keep Jimi in England by drowning him in wine? And if Monika's description of their relationship is true, Jimi could be counted on to return since he seemed to be keeping his promise to get together with Monika. I hate to say it, but this latest effort by Burdon is probably another one of his many attempts to cover his own ass. I like Eric but it's time to call him in.

Another difficulty in this theory is how did Monika 'dose' Jimi with 9 Vesparax? Jimi was recorded as telling his doctor he intended to take the 'Tuinols' at Monika's flat. And I doubt Monika ground-up any Vesparax and fed them to Jimi seeing how nasty sleeping pills taste.

Also, Monika said in her book Jimi was going to a meeting with some lawyers the next day. So the only way Monika had anything to do with the physical murder was if she was acting for Jeffery. But I doubt that because people close to her said her dedication to Jimi was sincere. There's a strange paradoxical rift in Monika centered at Jimi's death. Her lies originate from the focus point of what actually happened. And what actually happened has a broad range of possibilities.

In 'Inner World' Monika says someone with a key broke into her flat to seek out her manuscript to see what she was revealing. I suggest anyone interested in this case read 'Inner World' because there's a slew of indirect references that are highly suggestive of double entendre. The secret key is one of them. Once Monika suggests someone had a key it automatically begs the question whether or not they had that key on the night of Thursday the 17th? If we read between the lines here I think that is what Monika is telling us. The truth of it, like anything Monika says, is always debatable. In any case Monika knows this but can't answer it because she's sticking to her bs story. If you take her key reference as an indirect suggestion what Monika is telling us here is that someone had access to her flat. If she's telling us this in an indirect way in relation to the murder, which I suspect she is, then her role becomes more clear. Monika is too into the murder "Golden Hour" to not be seriously involved. Plus, we have good reason to suspect Monika knew Jimi was murdered because the death scene shows us nobody ever bothered to touch the body or try any resuscitation. As the ambulance men told, the body was in the position it was in when Jimi died. So anyone who found Jimi that way and thought he was having an overdose naturally would have tried to help him. They would have wiped the vomit away and turned him over to try to get him breathing. The fact this wasn't done is telling you in strong forensic terms that the people who first found Jimi knew he was dead - and most likely didn't try to help him because they knew he had been murdered.

I think we are very close to reasonably showing Monika was either there when Jimi was murdered or stepped-out and returned to find him that way.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 612 Posts

"I think we are very close to reasonably showing Monika was either there when Jimi was murdered or stepped-out and returned to find him that way. <!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->"

Not me. I like the pointers here and in other posts but they prove nothing. Believing someones statement is one thing being able to make an independant assessment is another, more so for some than others. Monika had more to do with this than any other single individual.
    It's clear Jimi's death was never fully investigated at the time and due to that factor alone we are unlikely to conclude to an agreeable result.
    About the only thing I'd say is this, it was not suicide.
    Taking of facts though, and we may have had this already on this thread but I'm not going to look for it, can we have a look at the coroners report?